Obama Discriminates Against Schoolkids

No shit.

Gosh, I guess Del (per usual) is full of fucking shit.

Unconstitutional my ass, dickwad.

That's not what I implied. only wondering how Durbin can get away with this

They were trying to slip it under the covers. As for the Indain schools I'm not sure how the funding works but this precedent doesn't bode well for it.

Precisely. And now my kids, instead of getting to attend school in our own town, and get picked up by our babysitter, and be in tiny classrooms (only one in my daughter's...and it's her, obviously) will get to spend more than an hour a day on the bus, navigating dangerous roads, to attend a school they don't know, in a different town.

Yay.

And those Indian kids can just fucking integrate, damn them.

Because charter schools are UNCONSTIFUCKINGTUTIONAL.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
That's not what I implied. only wondering how Durbin can get away with this

They were trying to slip it under the covers. As for the Indain schools I'm not sure how the funding works but this precedent doesn't bode well for it.

Precisely. And now my kids, instead of getting to attend school in our own town, and get picked up by our babysitter, and be in tiny classrooms (only one in my daughter's...and it's her, obviously) will get to spend more than an hour a day on the bus, navigating dangerous roads, to attend a school they don't know, in a different town.

Yay.

And those Indian kids can just fucking integrate, damn them.

Because charter schools are UNCONSTIFUCKINGTUTIONAL.

The price one pays for not being born an elitist.

Actually they are fully constitutional but they bother the teacher's union.

They have the audicity of actually teaching stuff.

No shit.

insofar as the first amendment has been interpreted, yes.

i don't necessarily agree with the interpretation that giving vouchers to individuals to spend as the individual decides is the govt supporting one religion over another, though.

just so we understand each other.

freedomforum.org: Supreme Court backs school vouchers

Supreme Court backs school vouchers

By The Associated Press

Printer-friendly page

WASHINGTON — The Constitution allows public money to underwrite tuition at religious schools as long as parents have a choice among a range of religious and secular schools, the Supreme Court ruled today.
It's a little more complicated that you are stating. The school must pass 5 criteria:

• the program must have a valid secular purpose,
  • aid must go to parents and not to the schools,
  • a broad class of beneficiaries must be covered,
  • the program must be neutral with respect to religion, and
  • there must be adequate nonreligious options.
If the school in question is teaching religion or holding prayer meetings it isn't exact neutral with respect to religion.

And what's up with Obama sending his kids to a Quaker school? I thought he'd send them to a madrassa....:lol:

By The Associated Press

Printer-friendly page

WASHINGTON — The Constitution allows public money to underwrite tuition at religious schools as long as parents have a choice among a range of religious and secular schools, the Supreme Court ruled today.
It's a little more complicated that you are stating. The school must pass 5 criteria:

If the school in question is teaching religion or holding prayer meetings it isn't exact neutral with respect to religion.

And what's up with Obama sending his kids to a Quaker school? I thought he'd send them to a madrassa....:lol:

it's hard to imagine anything more neutral than a quaker prayer meeting. i brought some of our church kids to one. everyone sat and waited to be moved to speak. only one was so moved when we were there-it was a long hour.

By The Associated Press

Printer-friendly page

it's hard to imagine anything more neutral than a quaker prayer meeting. i brought some of our church kids to one. everyone sat and waited to be moved to speak. only one was so moved when we were there-it was a long hour.
I don't make the rules, Del, I just follow them. ;)

I don't make the rules, Del, I just follow them. ;)

you and me both. :eusa_whistle:

No shit.

i don't necessarily agree with the interpretation that giving vouchers to individuals to spend as the individual decides is the govt supporting one religion over another, though.

We do. You were wrong.

No shit.

We do. You were wrong.

and you got it on the first try!
nice work.

By The Associated Press

Printer-friendly page

NOWHERE in the constitution does it say schools must be neutral to receive public funding.

We went through this once on here, do you really have to be taught everything twice?

By The Associated Press

Printer-friendly page

NOWHERE in the constitution does it say schools must be neutral to receive public funding.

We went through this once on here, do you really have to be taught everything twice?
Nope, that would be you Babble.

Where is the law that says that schools must be "neutral". Whateverthefuck that means.

Where is the law that says that schools must be "neutral". Whateverthefuck that means.

Been trying to figure that one out too. Does that mean they don't send the kids home trying to sell stuff to the neighbors?

Forum List

Back