Obama Discriminates Against Schoolkids

FactFinder

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2009
The teacher's union has obvious prejudice against school vouchers so Obama man removes funding for it in DC.
The school is good enough for his daughters but not for those who can't afford it. Man do elitists smell.

William McGurn Says Barack Obama Is Upholding a Double Standard on School Vouchers - WSJ.com

Dick Durbin has a nasty surprise for two of Sasha and Malia Obama's new schoolmates. And it puts the president in an awkward position.

The children are Sarah and James Parker. Like the Obama girls, Sarah and James attend the Sidwell Friends School in our nation's capital. Unlike the Obama girls, they could not afford the school without the $7,500 voucher they receive from the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship program. Unfortunately, a spending bill the Senate takes up this week includes a poison pill that would kill this program -- and with it perhaps the Parker children's hopes for a Sidwell diploma.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The teacher's union has obvious prejudice against school vouchers so Obama man removes funding for it in DC.
The school is good enough for his daughters but not for those who can't afford it. Man do elitists smell.

William McGurn Says Barack Obama Is Upholding a Double Standard on School Vouchers - WSJ.com

Dick Durbin has a nasty surprise for two of Sasha and Malia Obama's new schoolmates. And it puts the president in an awkward position.

The children are Sarah and James Parker. Like the Obama girls, Sarah and James attend the Sidwell Friends School in our nation's capital. Unlike the Obama girls, they could not afford the school without the $7,500 voucher they receive from the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship program. Unfortunately, a spending bill the Senate takes up this week includes a poison pill that would kill this program -- and with it perhaps the Parker children's hopes for a Sidwell diploma.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just came across this myself.

While appalling, it is also very much in character with the liberal elite, who have reeped the benefits of privatized education for generations, while demanding the public school junta for the rest of us.

Bullshit, and prove it.

Because we now have charter schools, reservations and rural areas are able to KEEP THEIR FUCKING SCHOOLS.

My kids attend a "charter" school. Our district was being eliminated because there are so few kids in it. But if that happened, our kids have to travel (at least) 20 miles to school in the next district. Get rid of charter schools, and the kids in this area will either be home schooled or bussed on treacherous roads.

Because of charter dollars, a high school exists for Indian kids on the CTUIR. These are high risk kids who don't assimilate well into the school in Pendleton, and who, because of the school, can learn about their own culture from their own people on their own land, instead of travelling into town.

You need to educate yourself, Jillie. Really.

With a teachers union that backs up sub par performance.

All the money thrown at these schools has just led to delining performance. The private/charter schools have continued to outperform them often with less resources.

With a teachers union that backs up sub par performance.

All the money thrown at these schools has just led to delining performance. The private/charter schools have continued to outperform them often with less resources.

That's true and I agree, but vouchers are still unconstitutional.

A 2004 report commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education found that charter schools are smaller than conventional public schools and serve a disproportionate and increasing number of poor and minority students.A 2003 national report by the Brookings Institution shows that test scores at charter schools are “rising sharply” and out-gaining conventional schools.
A December 2004 Harvard University study finds that charter school students are more likely to be proficient in reading and math than students in neighboring conventional schools. The greatest achievement gains can be seen among African American, Hispanic, or low-income students.
Charter schools that have been open for significant periods of time boast even higher achievement rates; Harvard found that charter schools that have been operating for more than 5 years outpace conventional schools by as much as 15 percent.
All About Charter Schools

Wait, is the school Obama's children attend a religious school?

Besides which, why should only rich people be allowed to avail themselves of pricey, private, religious schools?

Oh that's right. You want to prevent the masses from practicing religion. I guess that's one way to make sure they don't. Don't allow them any choice when it comes to educating their children. Way to go!

Besides which, why should only rich people be allowed to avail themselves of pricey, private, religious schools?

Oh that's right. You want to prevent the masses from practicing religion. I guess that's one way to make sure they don't. Don't allow them any choice when it comes to educating their children. Way to go!

Dun't know

I guess they're just better

Last edited:

Don't think so. I think Obama just uses religion when it is an inconvenient truth. or maybe he is still attempting to distance himself from Reverend Wright.

Don't think so. I think Obama just uses religion when it is an inconvenient truth. or maybe he is still attempting to distance himself from Reverend Wright.

If it's not religious, there isn't anything unconstitutional about it.

Its the same school that Chelsea Clinton went to. I guess it is now an elitists only school. They can't drag down the hallways with that "all men are created equal" crowd.

How is it unconstitutional?

And do they teach religion there, or is it just run by Quakers? If it's just run by Quakers, and doesn't teach religion, how is it unconstitutional?

And why should poor people not be allowed to attend?

If it's not religious, there isn't anything unconstitutional about it.

it's a quaker school.

afraid unconst. then. would you agree?

insofar as the first amendment has been interpreted, yes.

i don't necessarily agree with the interpretation that giving vouchers to individuals to spend as the individual decides is the govt supporting one religion over another, though.

Washington chased the Quakers out years ago. Too peaceful you know.

How is it unconstitutional?

And do they teach religion there, or is it just run by Quakers? If it's just run by Quakers, and doesn't teach religion, how is it unconstitutional?

And why should poor people not be allowed to attend?

if it's just run by quakers, the funding is NOT unconstitutional. if they teach ONE religion, it IS. and I dont know which of those categories it falls under.

Forum List

Back