Obama digs in against GOP

Right. It seems the "fiscal cliff" was the negotiation and compromise. It also goes leaps further than either side of this circus really wants to see happen. Especially those who scream for more tax revenue, as long as it isn't their income being further taxed.

The fiscal cliff is exactly what we should do. This whole smoke and mirrors of a negotiation to compromise to not go over the cliff is just fearmongering. These are the people you voted for. This is the nation you want, so this is what you get. Quit bitching, I say and let the tax hikes and cuts begin.

No, the "fiscal cliff," or more correctly, "sequestration" was a punt by both sides in an election year.

Now it's time to field the ball.

That was the negotiation. Now Obama wants to negotiate again to get more of what he wants. Fuckum. The fical cliff it is.

Y'all act like you've never bought a car before.

When you do buy one, do you walk into the dealership and say, "I'll give you this much for that car," without first looking at the sticker and getting their first offer?

I hope not. If that's the way you buy a car, you might as well wear a giant neon sign on your head that says, "Screw me, please."

Well...budget negotiations are conducted the same way. The President has walked into the Congressional dealership and offered a figure he knows lowballs the price he's willing to pay. Now, he's just waiting for them to come up with THEIR first offer.

This is a process, folks, not the End of The World.

Of course, if the GOP holds out for their sticker price and once again refuses to deal, they'll suffer the consequences when the it all collapses.

I love the way you keep repeating only the Repugs will suffer......

If that's really the case then Obama has no incentive to make a deal, and FYI smart guy, he won't.

They'll be the ones who suffer if they don't make a deal and even they know that.

When, not if, a deal is struck, everybody will lose a little and gain a little.

When you do buy one, do you walk into the dealership and say, "I'll give you this much for that car," without first looking at the sticker and getting their first offer?

I hope not. If that's the way you buy a car, you might as well wear a giant neon sign on your head that says, "Screw me, please."

Well...budget negotiations are conducted the same way. The President has walked into the Congressional dealership and offered a figure he knows lowballs the price he's willing to pay. Now, he's just waiting for them to come up with THEIR first offer.

Of course, if the GOP holds out for their sticker price and once again refuses to deal, they'll suffer the consequences when the it all collapses.
You don't get to renegotiate a price after you already bough the car, idjit. :lol:

Nobody's bought the car yet. We've just been driving the sequestration loaner.
Bullshit...Sequestration was the agreed upon deal and now your boi wants to try and scam his way out of it.

But your shit analogy does have at least one accuracy: Obiedoodle is a shiftless used car salesman.

Very true.

And the whining about him playing golf is just flat out stooopid.

There's nothing he can do until the congress comes to an agreement. (Why don't rw's know that we have three branches of government?)

Typically, the rw's whined when he took this to the people too. What could be more American than talking to the people? But, the rw's hated that too.

I hate what the GObP is doing and has done to our country but I also know we have survived a lot and we will survive the utterly insane, rabid religious right too.

It sounds to me like the only thing being offered here are dictorial power for the president and tax hike for the "rich". Or we can do the fiscal cliff, raise rates on everyone and make some actual spending cuts for a change. Sounds like the fiscal cliff is the win/win. Except for Obama, because he told his base only the rich would have to pay. So politically, he goes down as the guy who yet again, did not keep his "promise".

Personally, I kinda like the idea of the fiscal cliff happening. Could be the wakeup call many of us need.. of course the terminally stupid still won't get it, but hey, you can't fix stupid.

Very true.

And the whining about him playing golf is just flat out stooopid.

There's nothing he can do until the congress comes to an agreement. (Why don't rw's know that we have three branches of government?)

Typically, the rw's whined when he took this to the people too. What could be more American than talking to the people? But, the rw's hated that too.

I hate what the GObP is doing and has done to our country but I also know we have survived a lot and we will survive the utterly insane, rabid religious right too.

What on Earth does the religious right have to do with any of this? Geeze Louise.. what time do you start huffing the Rustoleum?

When Obama signed the stagitory PAYGO act in Feb 2010 he decided what he would do.

Use his Sequestration powers.

Kind of puts the lie to his claims during the debate that he had nothing to do with Sequestration and that he wouldn't allow the Bush Taxes expire.

Course liberals don't care because they don't expect him to be honest. They expect him to win elections and shove Republicans around.

I love the way you keep repeating only the Repugs will suffer......

If that's really the case then Obama has no incentive to make a deal, and FYI smart guy, he won't.

They'll be the ones who suffer if they don't make a deal and even they know that.

They have two choices, nether of them is good, but it was the card the Dems dealt them in Feb 2010. They can bargain with Obama and get stiffed or refuse to sell us down the tubes like Obama wants. Obama has to sign the Sequestration order so he gets some of the blame. If the GOP learns that they aren't dealing with an honest broker in Obama they will resist him at every turn, and if it means letting Obama drive the government off the cliff so be it.

Personally I would enjoy it if Republicans called him what he is whenever they get a chance. A two-face back stabbing tyrant that wants to destroy the economy and throw as many Americans into poverty as possible. Soup lines from sea to shining sea.

I don't have a beef with that at all. I'm convinced the solution to our economic problems is as combination of both spending and raising more revenue.

If you agree, then tell your GOP representatives to get off their dead asses and negotiate and quit playing "gotcha" with the nation's future. The President's offer is on the table. Where's theirs?

The Democrats and Republicans already agreed to tax increases and budget cuts. It all happens automatically January 1st. Relax.

I don't have a beef with that at all. I'm convinced the solution to our economic problems is as combination of both spending and raising more revenue.

If you agree, then tell your GOP representatives to get off their dead asses and negotiate and quit playing "gotcha" with the nation's future. The President's offer is on the table. Where's theirs?

The Democrats and Republicans already agreed to tax increases and budget cuts. It all happens automatically January 1st. Relax.

Oldguy didn't think he was voting to raise his own taxes. This, as you can imagine, leads to butthurt, denial and general whining sprinkled with fearmongering at others.

Oldguy didn't think he was voting to raise his own taxes. This, as you can imagine, leads to butthurt, denial and general whining sprinkled with fearmongering at others.

I can throw in hand wringing for a buck-fifty.

It's about time he stood up and forced the GOP to negotiate. During his first term, he offered them concession after concession, only to have it all thrown back in his face because their commitment was to defeating him in 2012, not doing what's best for the country.

The GOP lost in their bid to unseat him, so now they have to put up or shut up. If the country goes over the "fiscal cliff," it will be THEY who pushed us over and the American people know it.

Stand firm, Mr. President. Don't let them hold our nation hostage for partisan purposes again. You have all the cards and they're bluffing....if they have any sense at all....which sometimes seems doubtful.

Criticized as Weak in Past Talks, Obama Takes Harder Line - NYTimes.com

You're an idiot who fantasizes about having Obama's cock buried in the back of your throat. Obama did not give one single fucking "consession" during his first term!!! NOT ONE!

Barack Obama: 'We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Yeah, that really sounds like a man looking to compromise. You can come for a ride, but you have to let ME drive, and you can't even sit in the front seat. If you can climb in the back, sit down, and shut up, I'll let you come along for the ride.

God almighty are you fucking a moron OldGuy. Maybe it's time for the rest home...

Obama Tells Republicans to 'Sit in Back' | Fox News

Gee. You add SOOOOO much to a conversation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Actually, I do. I added an exact quote and you can't deny it. So you "add sooooo much" to the conversation with your stupid post that has nothing to do with the discussion. I love when I back you libtards into a corner and watch you change the conversation.

The man did not offer one fucking concession and you KNOW it

What the hell..............on one hand the rethugs and damocrats all say that the budget deficit is about to explode the entire world...........but on the other hand, actions to fix the budget deficit is about to explode the entire world.

It fuyking ca n't be both. At the same time. I fuking hate politicians. Except for Bernie.

Lets just file bk and start over. Really, give all the money to the plutocrats and see what they create.
Hell it might be better than this shit.

So we'll take one step back and then take one step forward, ending up in the exact same spot we began at? Folks, this is liberal "logic" at it's finest here. :cuckoo:

He offered a position -which includes a complete removal of any debt ceiling and refusal to address spending- that he knows that republicans will never accept.

He wants the sequester to kick in.

No, he doesn't. He wants to make a deal, but he's giving the GOP enough rope to hang themselves. Let's see if they're dumb enough to oblige.

And, by the way, you've incorrectly characterized the debt ceiling proposal. What it would do is let the President raise the debt ceiling and then let Congress agree to it or not. What that amounts to is a face-saving offer to the GOP. They can give him that, vote against it (knowing fully well it must be raised), then go back home and say they voted against raising the debt ceiling. As it stands right now, they CAN'T vote to raise it again because they've painted themselves into a corner on that too, but, on the other hand, they don't want to be blamed for shutting the government down again.

It's actually a pretty generous and ingenious suggestion. With that, the debt ceiling gets raised, preventing a shut down, and the GOP gets to hold to their public position for the benefit of their constituency.
Oh, so he can rule by decree and challenge congress to stop him.

Goddamn, are you a rube. :lmao:

I guess you hadn't heard, yet.

Abbie_Hoffman-2.jpg

WE WON!!!!!

Congratulations! You have won greater debt and deficit spending, unless the fiscal cliff budget cuts and tax increases stay intact. Were you expecting cake with that?

That was the negotiation. Now Obama wants to negotiate again to get more of what he wants. Fuckum. The fical cliff it is.

No. Sequestration was what we got when the negotiations broke down.

Obama wasn't about to give the GOP tax cuts on the rich during an election year, and they weren't about to give him a tax increase. Neither side wanted to discuss specific spending cuts right in front of the voters. Both sides held out counting on the election to strengthen their bargaining position.

Well...the election is over and somebody had to lose. It turns out the GOP did, so it's their hand which has been weakened.

This is just politics 101. I'd like to say I can't believe I'm having to explain this to grown-ups, but I've had to do it before. The nutters on both sides seem to have this fanciful idea that politics really is like "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington," so this is just another in a long line of my on-line education series for dummies.

No. Sequestration was what we got when the negotiations broke down.
Wrong...Sequestration is what your sleaze Boiking is trying to worm his way out of, after agreeing to it....But I don't expect that reality to get through to any head that is jammed up his ass as far as is yours.

What's different? Reagan made sense and wasn't forcing half the country to be dependent on government to wipe their ass for them.

Well, that is exactly what Reagan did. He lowered taxes for the rich and gave goodies to the poor to keep them quiet about it. It backfired and failed to create the jobs he promised and the government ran up a huge deficit to pay for it all.

Forum List

Back