Obama didn't use teleprompter

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
He didn't use one at the GOP retreat. There are so many threads about Palin and her palm thing and the retort is Obama and a teleprompter.

Republicans, what teleprompter did he use at the GOP retreat?

What? No Teleprompter?
"I was watching President Obama at the House GOP retreat. The biggest thing I noticed, unless I’m mistaken, he’s not reading from a teleprompter. I think the President reads from the teleprompter too much and I have made fun of him for it. So, I’d like to take this opportunity to say, this is one of his better presentations."

I agree.

What? No Teleprompter? | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
Palin wouldn't have lasted five minutes in the same situation, even with a cheat sheet.

Last edited:
Y'all sure get uppity about the silliest things... Why not expend that energy on something important? On both sides.

Y'all sure get uppity about the silliest things... Why not expend that energy on something important? On both sides.

Then what would be he point of this bulletin board? (At least its not a thread about Obama having a super bowl party or that he took a vacation in Hawaii, or something inane like that).

True he used notes instead, the way things used to be done. And he didn't do bad with the notes.

It was during the question and answer period that his ums and ahs and such came out.

True he used notes instead, the way things used to be done. And he didn't do bad with the notes.

It was during the question and answer period that his ums and ahs and such came out.

So he had notes for the unknown questions about to be thrown at him?

Oh and the ahs and ums really were overshadowed by his responses as a whole really. Only certain people concentrated on anything but the content of his responses.

Well, as long as they didn't watch fox. You really couldn't see it there...it was cut twenty minutes short and they talked over his responses.

Palin wouldn't have last five minutes in the same situation, even with a cheat sheet.

Now be fair....

It doesn't take many notes to remember shallow cliches like:

"My plan is quite simple...support those who support the foundation of our country when it comes to the economy. It is free-market principles that reward hard work and personal responsibility."

or

"It's easy to just kind of sum it up by repeating Ronald Reagan when he talked about the Cold War, and we can apply it to our war on terrorism. We win; they lose. And we do all we can to win."

and then simplify the rest into "it's all Obama's fault"...familiar refrain eh? Only now subsitute Obama for Bush.

And, if all that fails she can always fall back on that hyperactive tic in her eyelid...

Palin wouldn't have last five minutes in the same situation, even with a cheat sheet.

Now be fair....

"My plan is quite simple...support those who support the foundation of our country when it comes to the economy. It is free-market principles that reward hard work and personal responsibility."

or

"It's easy to just kind of sum it up by repeating Ronald Reagan when he talked about the Cold War, and we can apply it to our war on terrorism. We win; they lose. And we do all we can to win."

and then simplify the rest into "it's all Obama's fault"...familiar refrain eh? Only now subsitute Obama for Bush.

And, if all that fails she can always fall back on that hyperactive tic in her eyelid...

WOW, you must have wrote the last State of the Union Address.

Now be fair....

or

WOW, you must have wrote the last State of the Union Address.

Nope. Just providing free critique of the partisan process of speech analysis :D

In other words the whole argument is silly - who cares if they use a telepromter, notes on paper, notes on a hand, or nothing? What matters is what they say. I happen to like what Obama says but that shouldn't surprise you :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back