Obama did not say Americans are lazy

More: Charles Krauthammer Isn?t Going to Sit Here And Listen to You Bad Mouth the United States of America -- Daily Intel

So, now Ricky "Retardo" Perry is peddling this same false message in his campaign ad.

Are American policy-makers Americans? And did this link just state that Obama called them lazy?

If so, then Obama DID call Americans lazy!

:cuckoo:
American policy-makers is a SUBSET of Americans and therefore do not represent the whole. But you knew that already. So Obama only called the subset of American policy-makers lazy, whereas America-hating CON$ called ALL Americans lazy.

I don't recall anyone other than Obama calling Americans lazy. This is just another example of Obama showing his lack of leadership skills, by always demonizing someone or some group for having the "nerve" to stop and question him for pushing the same failed policies on jobs and the economy.

No it doesn't. The "we've" are the policy makers since Reagan. The America-hating CON$ put their contempt for the American people into the "we've." It's called "projection."

Oh...I see.

So you go along with the premise that the USA is government...not the people.

Gotcha.
No, I'm going with the premise that policy-makers are a small portion of the American people, and they are the ones who have been given the responsibility for attracting foreign investors by the American people.

There are a lot of things that make foreign investors see the U.S. as a great opportunity -- our stability, our openness, our innovative free market culture. But we've been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We've kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren't out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America.

The problem is that Obama and the Democrats have not wanted to provide any "incentive" to give businesses a reason to even COME here to the United States, prove America is the best place globally for corporate investors to set up stakes, and then build their business to provide Americans with jobs.

You are evidently blind, deaf AND dumb!:lol:
Speak for yourself. The facts prove me right.

“It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now … Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus.”

– John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, president’s news conference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 17, 1963, annual budget message to the Congress, fiscal year 1964

“In today’s economy, fiscal prudence and responsibility call for tax reduction even if it temporarily enlarges the federal deficit – why reducing taxes is the best way open to us to increase revenues.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 21, 1963, annual message to the Congress: “The Economic Report Of The President”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It is no contradiction – the most important single thing we can do to stimulate investment in today’s economy is to raise consumption by major reduction of individual income tax rates.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 21, 1963, annual message to the Congress: “The Economic Report Of The President”

“Our tax system still siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power and reduces the incentive for risk, investment and effort – thereby aborting our recoveries and stifling our national growth rate.”

– John F. Kennedy, Jan. 24, 1963, message to Congress on tax reduction and reform, House Doc. 43, 88th Congress, 1st Session.

“A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget. Every taxpayer and his family will have more money left over after taxes for a new car, a new home, new conveniences, education and investment. Every businessman can keep a higher percentage of his profits in his cash register or put it to work expanding or improving his business, and as the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues.”

– John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963, radio and television address to the nation on tax-reduction bill

I guess you're calling Kennedy a liar.

that would be redundant

Tax cuts reduce revenue. DUH

a...duh...it has actrually proven to do the opposite.

No it hasn't. I know the argument: after most tax cuts, tax revenues rose.

Trouble with it is, after each tax INCREASE, tax revenues rose, too. And each non-recession year when tax revenues were left the same, tax revenues rose, too. Which means exactly nothing is proven by the post hoc propter hoc fallacious argument about tax cuts and revenue.

A better measure is what happens to the deficit after tax cuts. You can look at the 1964 tax cut under Johnson, or Reagan's in 1981, or Bush's in 2001 and 2003, and see that after each one, the deficit increased.

If revenues INCREASED with every tax increase, that would also hold true in state government as well.

In 2009 California was compared to other states in the union and ranks the worst 48, for a State Business Tax Climate overall. Ranking 45 in Corporate Tax Index, 49 in Individual Income Tax Index, and 43 in Sales Tax Index. Yet, when you combined states' major debt and future liabilities, primarily for pensions and employee healthcare, unemployment insurance loans, outstanding bonds and projected fiscal 2011 budget gaps . . . California is in the biggest financial hole — with total debt of more than $612 billion.

Does that not pose a problem with your "higher tax = more government revenue" argument? How else would you explain these results?

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/bp58.pdf
News Headlines

Last edited:
2011-11-16-chronicle-cartoon.jpg

Charles Krauthammer Isn’t Going to Sit Here And Listen to You Bad Mouth the United States of America

By Jonathan Chait

Esteemed right-wing intellectual Charles Krauthammer — winner of the Breindel Award, the Irving Kristol Award, and the Bradley Prize, which are among the various prizes available to right-wing apparatchiks, as well as the Pulitzer Prize, which is available to right and left alike — is outraged that President Obama thinks Americans are lazy. Krauthammer presents his evidence that Obama secretly hates America:

“When you call your own country 'lazy' when you are abroad and you call it unambitious and soft when you're home, I think what you are showing is not tough love, but ill-concealed contempt," Krauthammer said on FOX News' "Special Report."

"Obama is ready to blame everybody except himself for the lousy economy. … And now he blames Americans' laziness. I think it's unseemly."

Wait, you say – you hadn’t heard that Obama said Americans are lazy? Those of you familiar with Krauthammer’s intellectual methods may not be surprised to learn that Obama did not, in fact, call Americans lazy. He was describing America’s policy-makers as being lazy about attracting businesses:

"We've been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We've kind of taken for granted, well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry,
selling America and trying to attract new businesses into America."​

More: Charles Krauthammer Isn?t Going to Sit Here And Listen to You Bad Mouth the United States of America -- Daily Intel

So, now Ricky "Retardo" Perry is peddling this same false message in his campaign ad.

How many pairs of Obama Fluffer kneepads have you wore out? I mean so far this week?

Maybe he did maybe he didn't but whenever given the opportunity to speak abroad and on the world stage this President seems to give the impression that he is ashamed of this country.He just doesn't project the image that he likes the USA.He feels like this country doesn't deserve to be thought of in high regard.It's like one of his family members cut the cheese in a upscale restaurant and everyone knows it was one of his kids and he has to sit there and act like nothing happened but deep inside he hates the little dope.

Charles Krauthammer Isn’t Going to Sit Here And Listen to You Bad Mouth the United States of America

By Jonathan Chait

Esteemed right-wing intellectual Charles Krauthammer — winner of the Breindel Award, the Irving Kristol Award, and the Bradley Prize, which are among the various prizes available to right-wing apparatchiks, as well as the Pulitzer Prize, which is available to right and left alike — is outraged that President Obama thinks Americans are lazy. Krauthammer presents his evidence that Obama secretly hates America:

“When you call your own country 'lazy' when you are abroad and you call it unambitious and soft when you're home, I think what you are showing is not tough love, but ill-concealed contempt," Krauthammer said on FOX News' "Special Report."

"Obama is ready to blame everybody except himself for the lousy economy. … And now he blames Americans' laziness. I think it's unseemly."

Wait, you say – you hadn’t heard that Obama said Americans are lazy? Those of you familiar with Krauthammer’s intellectual methods may not be surprised to learn that Obama did not, in fact, call Americans lazy. He was describing America’s policy-makers as being lazy about attracting businesses:

"We've been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We've kind of taken for granted, well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry,
selling America and trying to attract new businesses into America."​

But the republican hisory has already been written, are you being a history revisionist?

Maybe he didn't mean it as Americans were lazy just the country was...
So again he seems to be apologizing for us.That if he was President for the last
100 years we would never be in the situation we are in.We would be the United States of European Ideals
or some BS.

I know you're challenged but you can read the English language...yes?
That is not even a complete sentence, so that begs the question, what did you dishonestly edit out?

There are a lot of things that make foreign investors see the U.S. as a great opportunity -- our stability, our openness, our innovative free market culture. But we've been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We've kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren't out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America.

So, do American POLICY-MAKERS or the American people sell America to foreign investors? To honest people it's the POLICY-MAKERS, but to America-hating CON$ it's the lazy American people. That's Right, it's the America-hating CON$ who are calling the American people lazy!!!

Since you CON$ hate the American people so much, why don't you get the fuck out of here?

Having trouble with reading comprehension are you? He's talking about people, us, right there. It's the American People who create and run the free market. It's the people that sell America. Dolt.

I know you're challenged but you can read the English language...yes?
That is not even a complete sentence, so that begs the question, what did you dishonestly edit out?

So, do American POLICY-MAKERS or the American people sell America to foreign investors? To honest people it's the POLICY-MAKERS, but to America-hating CON$ it's the lazy American people. That's Right, it's the America-hating CON$ who are calling the American people lazy!!!

Since you CON$ hate the American people so much, why don't you get the fuck out of here?

Having trouble with reading comprehension are you? He's talking about people, us, right there. It's the American People who create and run the free market. It's the people that sell America. Dolt.

Wow, that's such a stretch of the truth, I don't think even you believe it. He was clearly speaking about American policy. The free market doesn't create policy.

What a spin! This comment by Obama is going to play big in the 2012 elections just as Jimmy Carter's "malaise" speech did.

On second thought you may be partially right. However, what company wants to move into a country with the second highest corporate tax rates in the world?

Forum List

Back