Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Sto

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
by Jim Hoft
March 3, 2013

This is getting a little creepy.
According to one estimate, since last year the Department of Homeland Security has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm.

DHS also purchased 2,700 Mine Resistant Armor Protected Vehicles (MRAP).
488x325xhomeland-security-mrap.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tN6C46J1W4.jpg

Modern Survival Blog reported:

The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pS9aw5pcJo]DHS-HSI Homeland Security Investigations El Paso SRT MRAP Armored Vehicle - YouTube[/ame]​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

Yep. Homeland Security Grants are very common for local, county, state law enforcment departments. DHS buys surplus military stuff, like these, then grants them to PD's.

Why? Well, PD's are tired of getting cops killed in ambushes. They show up to shit like a suicidal person with a gun or a domestic situation with a mentally disturbed person, they get ambushed, and people die. Cops are tired of it. So, they're gonna armor up.

In the Dorner situation, a few of these vehicles outside that house would've been great. These vehicles have a role in SWAT operations in our country. But nothing else...just yet.

Read up on the Pittsburgh SWAT shootout, which left 4 Pittsburgh officers dead. Their armored vehicle is the only reason that 10 officers weren't killed. Some whackjob with a rifle shooting out of a house? Pull this bad boy into the front lawn, and draw his fire. Not only will he run out eventually, but he's shooting at an armored car, not a regular patrol car (or random civilians). Cops dont get hurt. And if needed, you can even pull the front of the house off to get the guy.

Great tool.

Anyone bitching about this needs to answer a question:

Say you are a cop on a SWAT team. And you get a call of a suicidal man or a domestic violence situation, involving a man barricaded in his home with a .308 rifle or AK47 (exact call Pittsburgh SWAT went to a few years ago). You get activated, and are sent to that home, with a madman inside who has a big ass rifle, and possibly already has fired shots at others. Your job is to go restore order and/or make an arrest.

You wanna roll up in a Chevy Tahoe? An Astrovan? Or an armored vehicle???????? What would your wife rather you roll up in? What would your daughter want you to roll up in???

Now you know why PD's are applying for the DHS vehicle grant and getting these for their SWAT teams.

Now the 2nd Amendment folks will be wanting light-armored tanks to defend against the government.

Why not? Why on earth do you trust the damn government so much???

:eusa_whistle:

Because I know many people who work in our military and police forces. And they are good, noble men of integrity and I have nothing to fear from them as a whole. And unless they act as a whole, there is nothing to fear except the occassional madman like Dorner. And a rifle will do just fine in that situation.

If the government wants to inflict mass tyranny on us, we're fucked already. They have aircraft carriers, tanks, gas. A few armored cars to DHS and somw SWAT teams isn't gonna change that. But that isn't gonna happen, so it's ok.

Now the 2nd Amendment folks will be wanting light-armored tanks to defend against the government.

And why not? I just picked up an Iraqi T-80 just driven once in retreat. The price was right.

by Jim Hoft
March 3, 2013

According to one estimate, since last year the Department of Homeland Security has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm.

The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.

Read more:
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

(edited for space)

Every 3 or 4 years the military replaces its vehicles. It's good to know that unlike the W-era Humvees, these are resistant to roadside bombs. Now when the military buys new vehicles, they scrap or sell the old ones, whatever will bring in more money to pay for the new vehicles. This has been going on since at least WW2, so clearly it's not some government plot to feed your misguided ego.

As for the bullets, the military has this thing they do, they teach hundreds of thousands of soldiers how to use guns. I think the technical term is "target practice." They take the soldiers out to a shooting range and have them fire off multitudinous rounds until the soldiers are proficient with their weapons.

Following your logic, are we to understand that "gun nuts" that are stockpiling ammo are planning an insurrection?

by Jim Hoft
March 3, 2013

Read more:

(edited for space)

Every 3 or 4 years the military replaces its vehicles. It's good to know that unlike the W-era Humvees, these are resistant to roadside bombs. Now when the military buys new vehicles, they scrap or sell the old ones, whatever will bring in more money to pay for the new vehicles. This has been going on since at least WW2, so clearly it's not some government plot to feed your misguided ego.

As for the bullets, the military has this thing they do, they teach hundreds of thousands of soldiers how to use guns. I think the technical term is "target practice." They take the soldiers out to a shooting range and have them fire off multitudinous rounds until the soldiers are proficient with their weapons.

Following your logic, are we to understand that "gun nuts" that are stockpiling ammo are planning an insurrection?

Certainly if this were Afghanistan, I could see the up armoring or purchase of MRAPS. Tell us what is the need for an MRAP for the city of New York or Boston, when they already have federal armories located in each city with war making equipment? Then you claim that the ammo purchased is for "Target Practice". Even the military doesn't expend that much for "Target Practice", especially in the area of non-conforming bullet types like hollow point bullets and Black Talon ammo capable of piercing bullet proof vests.
Ask any cop on the beat in NYC when he went to the range? (Once a year to qualify).

June 7, 2012

bearcat.jpg

Portland Police Chief Michael Sauschuck announced the delivery today of a state-of-the-art armored rescue vehicle, a Lenco BearCat. If the zombie apocalypse hits Portland anytime soon, I would not want to be the zombies.

This thing has thermal imaging capability, as well as chemical, biological, radioactive and explosive detection system, according to a city announcement.

This beast replaces a 1981 military surplus vehicle the department had been using, but increasingly found to be obsolete. The technology used in the old Peacekeeper personnel carrier had been surpassed by advancements in street-level arms — the city announcement states that the Peacekeeper’s “armor plating … does not provide adequate protection against weapons and ammunition now available to the public.”

So, in simple terms, you as a common bystander can now go buy weapons powerful enough to take down what just a few decades ago was a solid U.S. armored military vehicle. I’m not sure if that makes me feel more or less safe.

Anyway, the Portland police have something better now, funded by a $270,000 Federal Emergency Management Agency Port Security Grant. Here’s Chief Sauschuck’s statement on the matter:

When responding to high-risk situations it is absolutely critical and potentially life-saving that we have the best and safest equipment available for both our officers and members of the public. Thanks to FEMA, the Portland Police Department has a vehicle that can do just that.​

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Portland police get new military grade armored vehicle ? Seth and the City - BDN Maine Blogs

Hmm... Don't look like an MRAP or Tank to me. In fact it's FEMA sponsored.

by Jim Hoft
March 3, 2013

Read more:

(edited for space)

Certainly if this were Afghanistan, I could see the up armoring or purchase of MRAPS. Tell us what is the need for an MRAP for the city of New York or Boston, when they already have federal armories located in each city with war making equipment? Then you claim that the ammo purchased is for "Target Practice". Even the military doesn't expend that much for "Target Practice", especially in the area of non-conforming bullet types like hollow point bullets and Black Talon ammo capable of piercing bullet proof vests.
Ask any cop on the beat in NYC when he went to the range? (Once a year to qualify).

You mean what is the need for a police SWAT team to have an armored vehicle? If you need that explained to you, then you have a lot of reading to do.

A cop anywhere is officially sent to the range 1-4 times per year, due to budget (hey, dont wanna pay more taxes for ammo do ya?). SWAT teams usually go monthly. Thats "official" range time. How many cops buy their own practice ammo and go more often? Lots. Most do.

It amazes me how many people who have never been cops....are experts on what cops do.

251727_t607.JPG

Contributed photo This is an example of an armored vehicle that the Abilene Police Department hopes is approved today by the Abilene City Council. Chief Stan Standridge said the vehicle likely would not be black.

'BearCat' would be used in range of ops​

By Brennan K. Peel
July 12, 2012

Abilene City Council votes today on purchasing a $226,000 armored vehicle for the Abilene Police Department.

If approved, the vehicle will be purchased with part of the $5.3 million surplus funds from last fiscal year, generated by higher than expected sales tax revenues, roofing permits and cost-saving measures.

Of the $226,000 price tag, $6,869 would be for shipping the vehicle to Abilene.

The Lenco "BearCat" — that's the specific make and model sought — includes four-wheel drive, a hydraulic ram, 22.5-inch tires, front and rear heating and air-conditioning, 6.7-liter turbo diesel engine and is certified for protection against ammunition rounds up to a .50-caliber rifle.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Council votes today on $226,000 armored police vehicle » Abilene Reporter-News

Yep. Homeland Security Grants are very common for local, county, state law enforcment departments. DHS buys surplus military stuff, like these, then grants them to PD's.

Why? Well, PD's are tired of getting cops killed in ambushes. They show up to shit like a suicidal person with a gun or a domestic situation with a mentally disturbed person, they get ambushed, and people die. Cops are tired of it. So, they're gonna armor up.

In the Dorner situation, a few of these vehicles outside that house would've been great. These vehicles have a role in SWAT operations in our country. But nothing else...just yet.

next obama will be giving them drones

251727_t607.JPG

Contributed photo This is an example of an armored vehicle that the Abilene Police Department hopes is approved today by the Abilene City Council. Chief Stan Standridge said the vehicle likely would not be black.

'BearCat' would be used in range of ops​

By Brennan K. Peel
July 12, 2012

Abilene City Council votes today on purchasing a $226,000 armored vehicle for the Abilene Police Department.

If approved, the vehicle will be purchased with part of the $5.3 million surplus funds from last fiscal year, generated by higher than expected sales tax revenues, roofing permits and cost-saving measures.

Of the $226,000 price tag, $6,869 would be for shipping the vehicle to Abilene.

The Lenco "BearCat" — that's the specific make and model sought — includes four-wheel drive, a hydraulic ram, 22.5-inch tires, front and rear heating and air-conditioning, 6.7-liter turbo diesel engine and is certified for protection against ammunition rounds up to a .50-caliber rifle.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Council votes today on $226,000 armored police vehicle » Abilene Reporter-News

who says we are broke and looking at forced budget cuts

WHY?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Pittsburgh_police_shootings

The Pittsburgh SWAT team, after 4 cops were killed, pull an armored car into the front yard of the lunatic that was barricaded in a house with an AK47 firing rounds out of the windows. The armored car drew fire for a couple hours, and Pitt PD SWAT fired thousands of rounds in the shootout, and took countless rounds that the armored car absorbed.

The shootout ended when a Pitt SWAT sniper (OH YEAH THEY HAVE SNIPERS OH NO THE BOOGEY MAN OBAMA IS GONNA GET YA!!!!).........a Pitt SWAT sniper timed the man's window pattern, and put a round through the actual AK47, ending his shooting spree.

If you were on THAT call, what type of car would your wife and daughter want you riding in?

None of you whacks have answered that question yet, and I've asked it 5 times.

Forum List

Back