Obama Desperate to Run From His Record

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
spot on editorial in the San Diego union-Tribune...

Barack Obama

With 11 weeks until Election Day, President Barack Obama’s desperation couldn’t be plainer. He wants the campaign to be about anything other than his record, starting with the failure of the $787 billion “stimulus” plan to revive the economy and the deeply unpopular, vastly expensive and utterly flawed botch that is Obamacare.

But according to FactCheck.org, a nonpartisan research center run by the Annenberg Public Policy Center, the Obama White House itself says that letting income taxes go up for the wealthy and restoring the estate tax to 2009 levels would reduce the projected $1.2 trillion federal deficit for 2012 by less than 9 percent. Remember, these are the president’s own numbers, and they predict average annual additional revenue of $96.8 billion per year over the next decade if he gets his way.

In other words, letting tax breaks for the wealthy expire doesn’t come close to changing the trajectory of trillion-dollar annual deficits that have the U.S. well on its way to federal budgets in which one-quarter of all spending is just to retire interest on the debt. So much for Obama’s February 2009 vow to cut the deficit in half and to take “responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

If the president took responsibility, right now, for his record – for the gap between his promises and what he’s accomplished – the election would be over.

Instead, the president believes his unpopularity stems from the failures of others. The last president. House Republicans. Voters who can’t figure out how wonderful he’s been.

spot on.

CONSERVATIVE............GO CHECK OUT DRUDGE THIS AM................FOUND THIS PIC..............NOT A PHOTOSHOP!!! ( well, I did add the FAIL part:D)

2012-08-21T184605Z_420916141_GM1E88M04VM01_RTRMADP_3_USA-CAMPAIGN-OBAMA.jpg

I damn near laughed my balls off......................

Maybe if Obama tells his lie "my plan worked" enough times, people might start believing it? .....

Forum List

Back