Obama deporting more illegals than Bush did

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Under Obama, More Illegal Immigrants Sent Home : NPR

July 28, 2010

Even as it challenges Arizona's get-tough approach to illegal immigration, the Obama administration has been waging a crackdown of its own. The federal government is quietly deporting hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants and scrutinizing hundreds of employers suspected of hiring them.

President Obama told an audience at American University this month that's while it's not possible to round up and deport all the illegal immigrants in the United States, his administration won't turn a blind eye to those who entered this country illegally.

"No matter how decent they are, no matter their reasons, the 11 million who broke these laws should be held accountable," Obama said.

In fact, the federal government under President Obama has steadily increased the deportation of illegal immigrants. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency says it's on track to expel some 400,000 people this year, 8 percent more than 2008 — the last year of the Bush administration.

Ironically, Obama is more Conservative on Immigration than St. Ronnie. This so called amnesty bill from the White House that the right is trying to scare people into thinking will happen has not even showed up on the radar.

why the heck is obama doing this "quietly"?

that just shows obama is a moron....

and 8%....that proves nothing about obama vs. bush...let's see all the years, not just 2008

Last edited:

and 8%....that proves nothing about obama vs. bush...let's see all the years, not just 2008

According to this article, it's quite a bit more than 2007 as well.

This year alone, INS (or whatever it's called now) will have performed more than 4 times the company audits that it did in 2008.

washingtonpost.com

why is obama doing this quietly?

This year alone, INS (or whatever it's called now) will have performed more than 4 times the company audits that it did in 2008.

washingtonpost.com

For that answer, you'd have to ask Obama. I have no idea.

Doesn't matter if you fill more buckets and toss them back into the lake. The Boat is still going to sink if you don't plug the leak.

Oh snap. That makes the wingnuts false outrage way funnier. Bush learned Spanish., Obama actually deports them. Not bad for a Kenyan Muslem

Oh my, a politician who panders. imagine that.

yes....fuck national security...let's pander the vote

imagine if obama had made this widely known.....could have possibly stopped a state like AZ from having to make thier own law to enforce the federal law....but....the feds are helping AZ enough

from bush to obama....does the WH care?

Forgive me but to compare yourself to the Bush administration as somehow a justification for a get tough stance on enforcing immigration laws is a bit of a stretch considering the former President was not noted for his get tough stance in that department. In fact I seem to recall when President Bush having little luck with his immigration reform bill which included a path to citizenship. While I applaud any effort to keep our nations borders secure regardless of who is in the White House, it does seem to me that if the current Administration can find enough money to fund a while host of new Federal Govt. Programs then they would be able to at least put as much effort into this as they do their efforts on bailouts and in endless funding of conflicts started by the last Administration/ Personally Im of the opinion our own borders are a little more important. The end result of a focus on this issue will be a system that is fair for everyone.

btw....doctor...you know the answer....you just don't care to admit it
Probably to pander to Hispanics. But it's not that I don't care to admit it.

I just don't really care.

odd....you care when repubs pander....

Prove it. Cause I sure as shit don't. Politicians pander. That's what they do.

Find a thread where I complained about a Republican pandering, and I'll eat crow. Otherwise, you will.

Last edited:
Probably to pander to Hispanics. But it's not that I don't care to admit it.

I just don't really care.

odd....you care when repubs pander....

Prove it. Cause I sure as shit don't. Politicians pander. That's what they do.

Find a thread where I complained about a Republican pandering, and I'll eat crow. Otherwise, you will.

think again....when you defended a republican from pandering....then we can talk....

you never have....we both know that

washingtonpost.com

this is your anti obama ubiquitous retort? This is all you got? Oh and is it true, you are NOT a lawyer?

Forum List

Back