Obama demands/gets $20Billion + public apology from BP

Here you go Sangha, the NY Times and a law professor talking about CRIMINAL charges as well civil penalties being levied against BP

With Criminal Charges, Costs to BP Could Soar - NYTimes.com

Once again, *YOU* are the only one talking about a criminal investigation into the 11 deaths. If there ever is such a criminal investigation, it will be seperate from any civil action against BP that seeks to remove the $75mm liability cap due to BP's negligence.

Do you understand what "seperate investigations" means? It means different lawyers, from different govt agencies, with different powers, pursuing legal remedies in different court rooms, in different court buildings.

Don't you remember that we were talking about the liability cap, which can be removed if BP is proven to have acted negligently? Removing the cap would be a civil action, and any legal wrangling over it would occur in a civil court.

If anyone is ever tried for the deaths of the 11 workers, it will occur in a criminal court. "Innocent until proven guilty" will apply in this case, which we weren't talking about. It will not apply in the civil case to lift the liability cap, which is what we were talking about

Does any of this ring a bell? Or is it lost in the fog you call thought?

hasn't the liability cap, which you said earlier didn't exist, already been removed with the demand of 20 billion from Obama? Seems to me they aren't waiting for any proof. They are just going to go ahead and find them guilty and deliver verdict and sentencing now.

God I love our justice system! Don't you?!?!

stop quoting that fool, I don't want to read his garbage...........thanx

Here you go Sangha, the NY Times and a law professor talking about CRIMINAL charges as well civil penalties being levied against BP

With Criminal Charges, Costs to BP Could Soar - NYTimes.com

Once again, *YOU* are the only one talking about a criminal investigation into the 11 deaths. If there ever is such a criminal investigation, it will be seperate from any civil action against BP that seeks to remove the $75mm liability cap due to BP's negligence.

Do you understand what "seperate investigations" means? It means different lawyers, from different govt agencies, with different powers, pursuing legal remedies in different court rooms, in different court buildings.

Don't you remember that we were talking about the liability cap, which can be removed if BP is proven to have acted negligently? Removing the cap would be a civil action, and any legal wrangling over it would occur in a civil court.

If anyone is ever tried for the deaths of the 11 workers, it will occur in a criminal court. "Innocent until proven guilty" will apply in this case, which we weren't talking about. It will not apply in the civil case to lift the liability cap, which is what we were talking about

hasn't the liability cap, which you said earlier didn't exist, already been removed with the demand of 20 billion from Obama? Seems to me they aren't waiting for any proof. They are just going to go ahead and find them guilty and deliver verdict and sentencing now.

You are so dumb, you didn't realize I posted an exception to the liability cap, even after your fellow wingnuts made it clear. Instead of manning up and admitting your mistake, you want to lie about how I said there was no cap and move the discussion to another detail.

If you can't acknowledge making a mistake, then there's no use in doing anything more than pointing out your mistake and your cowardly response to it.

You just can't admit that you were wrong to say "Innocent until proven guilty" applies in a civil action so you'll pretend to ignore me.

But you'll be back. You can't control your behavior.

I don't give a damn how long the list of suspected negligence is, I just want to see what negligence has been proven already.

I never expected you to give a damn about the facts

WHAT FACTS??? GIVE ME SOME FACTS...SHOW ME THE PROOF OF NEGLIGENCE. JESUS!

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD?

Oh...wait...yeah, I guess it is.

Sorry. Go back to coloring.

I already gave you the proof, which you said you don't give a damn about. Now you do give a damn about it.

Make up your mind. I've got a chow bitch in heat that's less moody than you. What's the matter? Does PMS got you agitated?

Well, I'm not a fascist barking airhead....but, I'll give you an answer anyway....

Obama is demanding something that a law has already established a limit on. 75 million...What do you think would happen if BP said no to any figure above that? I mean really...what would happen?

There is no such law.

If conservatives didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say

I expect Congress would immediately pen a new 1500 page law that would be passed overnight to change the rules. That part is what bothers me...

Conservatives hate democracy.

Didn't say it huh?

Shut the fuck up you lying asshole

I never expected you to give a damn about the facts

WHAT FACTS??? GIVE ME SOME FACTS...SHOW ME THE PROOF OF NEGLIGENCE. JESUS!

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD?

Oh...wait...yeah, I guess it is.

Sorry. Go back to coloring.

I already gave you the proof, which you said you don't give a damn about. Now you do give a damn about it.

Make up your mind. I've got a chow bitch in heat that's less moody than you. What's the matter? Does PMS got you agitated?

That was your proof? A list of accusations? Holy shit you're helpless. You've done everything BUT show proof. You must have been the captain of the special olympics dodgeball team. Nobody....AND I MEAN NOBODY...dodges and deflects like you do.

And yes...PMS has me agitated.

P unkass
M oronic
S angha

Well, I'm not a fascist barking airhead....but, I'll give you an answer anyway....

Obama is demanding something that a law has already established a limit on. 75 million...What do you think would happen if BP said no to any figure above that? I mean really...what would happen?

There is no such law.

I expect Congress would immediately pen a new 1500 page law that would be passed overnight to change the rules. That part is what bothers me...

Didn't say it huh?

For the love of God, stop wrestling in the mud with the pig, he enjoys it and you'll just end up dirty...........

There is no such law.

Didn't say it huh?

For the love of God, stop wrestling in the mud with the pig, he enjoys it and you'll just end up dirty...........

What can I say...I hate pork! especially in healthcare bills. OK...I love bacon...but that's it. All other pork must die.

no, it is YOU who is trying to argue that the only investigation going on will be civil, and ot criminal. clearly that is not the case, and now you are trying to back peddle

Now you're changing your argument

First, you argued "the civil investigation will definitely focus on the deaths and will turn into a criminal investigation"

Now, instead of the civil investigation turning into a criminal one, you are claiming I said there will only be one investigation and it will be civil, when I clearly stated that if there is a criminal investigation, it would be seperate from the civil one, and tried in a different court, by different lawyers.

But at least you're agreeing with my argument, which is that the legal decision of whether BP's liability cap should be lifted due to negligence will be a civil matter decided in a civil court, which is what I've been saying all along. Therefore, "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply in a civil court, no matter what your "vast knowledge" (and by that I mean your complete stupidity) of the Constitution is telling you.

But I know you won't admit you were wrong for saying that the Constitution requires "innocence until proven guilty" in this civil matter. You don't have the guts to admit to making a mistake

I'm completely done with you. please someone slap me from now on when I start to argue with this idiot. I'm sick of dishonest debate.

THIS IS THE THIRD TIME YOU'VE MADE THIS PROMISE

And it's just as much a lie as it was the other two times. You're a child. You can't control yourself.

You just can't admit that you were wrong to say "Innocent until proven guilty" applies in a civil action so you'll pretend to ignore me.

But you'll be back. You can't control your behavior.

Just doing my part.

:thup:

Well at least you admit it.

Just out of curiosity, which of you is the bitch?

The bitch would be YOU, the guy who started a thread declaring he is submitting his retirement papers (from the Guard lol) because of Obama.

Pussy.

I'm sure you can barely spell overseas deployment, let alone last through one, so your fucking opinion doesn't even register on my meter.

Forum List

Back