Obama deflects blame

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Yeah, I realize that is hardly news. He has spent his presidency blaming someone else for his own failures. But obviously high gas prices are sapping his already-sagging popularity. So he must find someone else to blame. But not only is he not just casting allegation, he actually will appoint a committee to do the dirty work for him. This isn't new. Presidents etc regularly investigate companies for "gouging" even though there is no such thing.
If only he would just once accept blame and recognize that his policies, and those of his Democrat allies in Congress, have caused this mess. But that's asking a lot.
Obama says new task force will examine gas prices - Yahoo! News

Just something else to throw money at. Not like this isn't the first time from the democrats to prove that the oil companies are evil. When all said and done, this investigation will end up just like all the other investigations.....it ain't the oil companies.

Just another campaign stunt by a not ready for prime time president.

All he needs to do is lift his stupid moratorium...some of this goes away. The rest of the problem lies somewhat in the turmoil in the Mideast presently going on.

However they spin it... its still his fault.

I remember him saying "The buck stops here".

Heck, maybe he was reffering to a "deer" friend or something. :dunno:

Just something else to throw money at. Not like this isn't the first time from the democrats to prove that the oil companies are evil. When all said and done, this investigation will end up just like all the other investigations.....it ain't the oil companies.

He will be in full campign mode here on out.

Kinda reminds me of his Senate career. (present)

Obama to a town hall meeting at Gamesa Technology Corp., a Spanish company that makes giant turbines that use wind to generate electricity:

“I’m just going to be honest with you. There’s not much we can do next week or two weeks from now,” the president told workers at a wind turbine plant. It’s a theme Obama’s struck before as he tries to show voters he’s attuned to a top economic concern with gas prices pushing toward $4 a gallon.

Obama said he wants to move toward “a future where America is less dependent on foreign oil, more reliant on clean energy produced by workers like you.” That will happen by reducing oil imports, tapping domestic energy sources and shifting the nation to renewable and less polluting sources of energy, such as wind, the president says. He has set a goal of reducing oil imports by one-third by 2025.

But the president said it won’t happen overnight and if any politician says it’s easy, “they’re not telling the truth.”

“Gas prices? They’re going to still fluctuate until we can start making these broader changes, and that’s going to take a couple of years to have serious effect,” Obama said.

Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now averaging close to $3.70 a gallon nationwide, and suggested that the gentleman consider getting rid of his gas-guzzling vehicle.

“If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know,” Obama said laughingly. “You might want to think about a trade-in.”

SOURCE

He will be in full campign mode here on out.

Kinda reminds me of his Senate career. (present)

Q: "When has Obama ever left campaign mode"?

;)

he was awefully lucky with the gulf oil spill that miraculously disappeared... he dodged the bullet and the gulf seafood industry is fucked.

He wants us all on electric cars.The whole country to save the environment....And how do we charge these electric cars....we plug them into the local electric company's power plant that will now have millions of people demanding MORE power forcing the power plants to work harder putting more emissions in the air....

Wait I'm getting a headache...and this guy is the smartest President the world has ever seen....?

He wants us all on electric cars.The whole country to save the environment....And how do we charge these electric cars....we plug them into the local electric company's power plant that will now have millions of people demanding MORE power forcing the power plants to work harder putting more emissions in the air....

Wait I'm getting a headache...and this guy is the smartest President the world has ever seen....?

Maybe he wants MORE of these scenarios?

Two Chevy Volts Catch Fire in One Week!

I am so pissed that Obama raised our gas prices

Who does he think he is?

New Topics

Forum List

Back