Obama Deficit Spending

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Obama can't even manage the budget for his campaign so is anyone surprised that he can't manage to run a budget for the country? Read the article and see which guy you think can get our economy back on track.
Jul 21, 3:51 AM EDT

Obama effort spends more in June than it takes in

By JACK GILLUM and JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid a heavy barrage of advertising by opposing "super" political groups, President Barack Obama's re-election campaign spent more than it collected in June. While outraised again by Republican Mitt Romney, Obama ended the month with a hefty $97.5 million in the bank

News from The Associated Press

usgs_line.php

I'm sorry, but is your little graph from the US government...indicating that the US government will spend less in the future? Did they promise?

How long exactly are we to fall for that bullshit? They spend every penny they extract from us and trillions more. It's what they do.

Of course, that PAYGO idea is working out brilliantly...:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but is your little graph from the US government...indicating that the US government will spend less in the future? Did they promise?

How long exactly are we to fall for that bullshit? They spend every penny they extract from us and trillions more. It's what they do.

Hadn't you heard? Emergency spending isn't subject to PAYGO and EVERYTHING is an emergency to someone.

Obama doesn't care about deficit spending. That I'm as sure as the sun rising in the east tomorrow.

What is to prevent us from becoming another Greece? I wish to hear some real reasoning from the other side on why this won't hurt us.

Why wouldn't the Obama campaign spend more than they take in? As your source notes, they have a healthy amount left in the bank. And given that they started raising money well before they started spending it on large media buys, they will have to run a deficit during some months if they want to spend it all before the election. I see nothing to indicate that the spending of the campaign was irresponsible or strategically incorrect.

Sorry for missing the link, it is from the government:

US Federal Deficit by Year 2007_2017 - Charts Analysis

I try to use government information because that is pretty damning without the pretense of being partisan. Although I think that the information tends to favor the incumbent and is usually WAY underestimated in regards to spending and way overestimated in regards to income. Where are all the savings from ending the Iraq war? One would think that after listening to the left for so long as to how the deficit was caused by the war we would now be in a surplus, talk about BS.

Forum List

Back