Obama defenders: explain how this IS NOT A LIE? "I will not raise your payroll taxes"

Do you know what "payroll taxes" are for? They pay for Social Security and for Medicare. To have cut these taxes was nothing more than foolishness! You will recognize these "taxes" on your pay stub as "FICA" and "Medicare". I suppose you do not want these benefits, they are not entitlements as the politicians claim, when your time comes to receive what you and your employer paid into them. Remember, these funds are not government money. They belong to you and the government is supposed to be the guardian of them on your behalf. Too bad they have done a very lousy job of doing that.

As a follow up to the 10% self savings concept, Your employer pays 6.2%, so you could take that, which you currently don't see on your paystub, and add 3.8% for your savings. That is actually 0.4% less than you were paying under the "Holiday".

So much fear in Helathmyths mind...
So much hatred....
So sad.

I'm not so sure it's fear and hatred.

I think it's an unfortunate intersection of severe Bush-butthurt projected onto Obama and an inability to form a succinct and rational post.

Since it was called a payroll tax holiday from the beginning, that is exactly what it was. There was never any discussion of extending this.

Kind of like making the argument that when you're vacation is over your boss increased your hours....

No, it's not at all like that.

Oh?

Let's see....

The political branch decides to give you a temporary tax holiday.

Your boss decides to give you a temporary work holiday.

When the tax holiday expires - you start screaming about how your taxes have gone up.

When your work holiday expires - you start screaming about how your work hours have gone up.

So....why is it not "like that"?

So much fear in Helathmyths mind...
So much hatred....
So sad.

I'm not so sure it's fear and hatred.

I think it's an unfortunate intersection of severe Bush-butthurt projected onto Obama and an inability to form a succinct and rational post.

I think he's a retread of someone else named "ihopehefails". That name disappeared and this one surfaced after he didn't fail and we got the ACA. If I'm right, he's gotten even more unhinged over the Prez once again not failing.

The is no more "United we stand". The two part system has eliminated that. The Dem's and Republicans do not stand together . We are a divided nation. Its a party affliation that is causing people to go against each other. The people should Stand together regardless of their party affliation, but that is not how it is. Until the People and citizens in this country come together as one, and not a party, then there is no "United we Stand"

The is no more "United we stand". The two part system has eliminated that. The Dem's and Republicans do not stand together . We are a divided nation. Its a party affliation that is causing people to go against each other. The people should Stand together regardless of their party affliation, but that is not how it is. Until the People and citizens in this country come together as one, and not a party, then there is no "United we Stand"

We've been a two party system for well over a century. I'm not crazy about a system limited to two parties (largely) but I don't think it's to blame for the current political polarization - I think it's just the way the pendulum swings and at this time it is extremely polarized and we have a lot of ideologues more intent on ideological purity than in governance.

Progressive Statism is not Compatible with Individual Liberty. Never was, never will be.

NO it is using the SAME rationale that you blamed Bush!
YOU said Bush LIED people died!
YOU said there was NO legal justification for LIBERATION of IRAQ.

And so the masses believed the MSM biased reporting JUST AS THEY DID IN VIETNAM!
In both instances the military was winning and in both instances Democrats (Jane Fonda for example aided and abetted the Viet Cong)
In Vietnam Democrats LIKE KERRY telling Congress our troops were murderers,rapists worse the Ghengis Khan!
Then
JANE FONDA / NANCY REAGAN
This cannot go around too much. Those of us that were living in those years will never forget that she was a traitor and did a lot of damage to our boys.

...And how good she feels in her 70s... she still does not know what she did wrong... her book just may not make the best list if more people knew... also...

Barbara Walters said:
Thank you all. Many died in Vietnam for our freedoms. I did not like Jane Fonda then and I don't like her now. She can lead her present life the way she wants and perhaps SHE can forget the past, but we DO NOT have to stand by without comment and see her "honored" as a "Woman of the Century."

(I remember this well)

For those who served and/or died. . .

NEVER FORGIVE A TRAITOR. SHE REALLY WAS A TRAITOR! and now President OBAMA wants to honor her.......!

In Memory of LT. C. Thomsen Wieland who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton [Famous North Vietnam Prison]

This is for all the kids born in the 70s and after who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear.

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the '100 Women of the Century.'

BARBARA WALTERS WRITES:
Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but
specific men who served and sacrificed during the Vietnam War.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot.
The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.
In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison the ' Hanoi Hilton.'

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American 'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and humane treatment' he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward on to the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 years in the ' Hanoi Hilton'...the first three of which his family only knew he was 'missing in action'. His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a 'peace delegation' visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it, in the palm of his hand.

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: 'Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?' and 'Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?' Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat... At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper...

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know
of her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years.

I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia; and one year in a 'black box' in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors
deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Banme Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle
near the Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.)

We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals....'

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi , I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with her. I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received... and how different it was from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as 'humane and lenient.'

Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched with a large steel weight placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of '100 Years of Great Women.' Lest we forget....' 100 Years of Great Women' should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.

There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can.. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know
that we will never forget.

RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt,
USAF 716 Maintenance Squadron,
Chief of Maintenance DSN: 875-6431 COMM: 883-6343

And in Iraq... YOUR Democrat leaders BEGGING that Iraq be liberated!
32 democrat quotes indicate even before GWB that Saddam was a threat!
"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.

SO Obama supporters... the perceptions you foisted on Americans was Vietnam was lost. Iraq war was lost.. Harry Reid told us!
YOU told us Bush LIED there were no WMDs in Iraq... YET here is what Scott Pelley of CBS news says:
Scott Pelley :
"It turns out Saddam Hussein did possess a weapon of mass destruction and he used it in a slaughter that few have heard of until now: after the Gulf War in 1991, the dictator spent untold millions on this weapon, designed to exterminate an ancient civilization called the "Ma'dan," also known as the "Marsh Arabs."
In a five-year project 90 percent of the marshes were drained - an area of more than 3,000 square miles.
"... the marsh dwellers were important elements in the uprising against Saddam Hussein’s regime. To end the rebellion, the regime implemented an intensive system of drainage and water diversion structures that desiccated over 90% of the marshes. The reed beds were also burned and poison introduced to the waters.
It is estimated that more than 500,000 were displaced, 95,000 of them to Iran, 300,000 internally displaced, and the remainder to other countries. By January 2003, the majority of the marshes were wastelands.
"As an engineer, I'm telling you, drying of the marshes is definitely not an easy task. It's a monumental engineering project," Alwash explained. "He put every piece of equipment available in Iraq under his control at the services of the projects needed to dry the marshes."
"Saddam was using water as a weapon?" Pelley asked.
"You know, the world was looking for weapons of mass destruction. And the evidence was right under its nose," Alwash.

Resurrecting Eden - 60 Minutes - CBS News
He said there were WMDs in Iraq!
Perceptions folks!!!
NOW 77% of Americans with less money in their paychecks have the PeRCEPTION Obama broke his pledge..
"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

As more americans see less in their paychecks YOU'd BETTER believe people like me are going to be repeating Obama's PLEDGE...!!!!

I don't suppose you can summarize all this blather in a short, succinct paragraph?

You mean unless it is in a 30 second sound bite you can't with your ADS do what your ancestors did.. READ, comprehend and then form opinions based on FACTS???
OH wait that took too much of your attention span didn't it!

By this 'reasoning', Bush and the Republicans raised your taxes twice in 2001 and 2003,

when they passed legislation that would automatically raise your taxes in 2011.

Why aren't you people attacking them?

Maybe because that was 5-10 years ago? and Obama is holding the ball now?

And for the record, I blasted Bush on various issues. but that's the difference between somebody who is objective in their reasoning and not subjective like Obamabots.

Do you know what "payroll taxes" are for? They pay for Social Security and for Medicare. To have cut these taxes was nothing more than foolishness! You will recognize these "taxes" on your pay stub as "FICA" and "Medicare". I suppose you do not want these benefits, they are not entitlements as the politicians claim, when your time comes to receive what you and your employer paid into them. Remember, these funds are not government money. They belong to you and the government is supposed to be the guardian of them on your behalf. Too bad they have done a very lousy job of doing that.

NO YOU Don't understand!
HERE do as I've done and download this table...
In 2011 this was the Total Federal Revenues and sources:REPEAT this is total Revenue sources for Federal Government!!!

• Personal income tax $1,015 47.4% people that work for companies that work for profits primarily.
  • Social security/Medicare tax 818 35.5% employer pays Half of total paid-- where will that come from???
  • Corporate income tax 181 7.8% corporate evil profits generate taxes - then dividends taxed again!
  • Customs,Duties, Misc. 131 5.7%
  • Excise taxes 72 3.1%
  • Estate & Gift 7 0.4%
  • Total: $2,302 100%
Federal Revenues by Source

This represents the entire revenue the Federal Government received in 2011!
Is social security/Medicare tax lumped together with other taxes,etc?
YES!
And as such they are considered REVENUE!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND? They are not segregated. Put into a Lock Box! But added together as general revenue!

NO YOU Don't understand!
HERE do as I've done and download this table...
In 2011 this was the Total Federal Revenues and sources:REPEAT this is total Revenue sources for Federal Government!!!

• Personal income tax $1,015 47.4% people that work for companies that work for profits primarily.
  • Social security/Medicare tax 818 35.5% employer pays Half of total paid-- where will that come from???
  • Corporate income tax 181 7.8% corporate evil profits generate taxes - then dividends taxed again!
  • Customs,Duties, Misc. 131 5.7%
  • Excise taxes 72 3.1%
  • Estate & Gift 7 0.4%
  • Total: $2,302 100%
Federal Revenues by Source

This represents the entire revenue the Federal Government received in 2011!
Is social security/Medicare tax lumped together with other taxes,etc?
YES!
And as such they are considered REVENUE!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND? They are not segregated. Put into a Lock Box! But added together as general revenue!

You have many false statements in your post:

1. Unemployment tax is not included in your list. Businesses pay I promise.
2. SS does NOT go in a lock box, it is spent as it comes in to existing payouts.
3. I don't see AMT anywhere in your list, that a separate tax too.

Obama MADE THIS PLEDGE..

BUT IT WAS AN OUT AND OUT LIE!! A LIE To get votes! AND YOU IDIOTS that voting for him ARE PAYING NOW!!!

"I can make a firm pledge: Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

That quote is from 2008, when the payroll tax was where it is now.

Forum List

Back