Obama defeats Al Qaeda

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
A loss of popular support has ended many terrorist groups, and it is a plausible scenario for al Qaeda. Support can be compromised through miscalculation, especially in targeting, and popular backlash. The Real Irish Republican Army and India's Sikh separatists come to mind. Or a campaign can fail to convey a positive image or progress toward its goals, which amply applies to al Qaeda.

While the group continues to be dangerous, the faltering popularity of this campaign with most Muslims provides clear evidence of this dynamic underway.

For instance, a Pew Global Attitudes Project poll released in September showed a remarkable drop in support for suicide bombing and Osama bin Laden in key Muslim-majority countries such as Pakistan, Egypt, Turkey and Jordan. In Pakistan, whereas some 41 percent approved of suicide terror attacks five years ago, that number has fallen to a mere 5 percent today.

Commentary: Al Qaeda's support is fading - CNN.com

Oh no, there is no way it could possibly be because of Bush going in and kicking their asses with our military for so long ... nope, it's because Obama is letting the military still kick their asses.

Oh no, there is no way it could possibly be because of Bush going in and kicking their asses with our military for so long ... nope, it's because Obama is letting the military still kick their asses.

Does it really matter who gets credit?

Five years ago Bush and Cheney were turning the world against us.

Obama has changed world opinion in our favor.

And he didn't have to invade Iraq to do it.

Leadership is gaining support for your goals among your allies.

No, but then why are they trying to make it sound like it's all because of Obama?

Not to mention, almost everyone has been against Bush going over there in the first place, yet as we see now, if he hadn't this good news wouldn't have come about, now would it? Not to mention that everyone called Bush a complete failure just because they didn't like him, hell, I thought he was an idiot to but I know he did some things right, Obama on the other hand is a phony and doesn't deserve credit for anything he doesn't do either but is still taking the credit.

You are blind as a bat. Terrorists don't support anyone but themselves, no matter what. It has nothing to do with "image", they are simply running out of people to use as bombs and can't recruit anymore because the others know it's futile.

I think this is so funny... Bush is bashed for months over his policy in Iraq and the Al Qaeda stance he took. Obama even bashed Bush many times in his bid for election. Now, the credit goes to Obama for success in this war? Please give me a barf bag... I can't believe anybody would even have the balls to suggest Obama is a success in Iraq when all he wants to do is get the hell out of there and bash Bush for sending troops there in the first place. For him to be given ANY credit for Iraq at all would just be shameful.

No, but then why are they trying to make it sound like it's all because of Obama?

Not to mention, almost everyone has been against Bush going over there in the first place, yet as we see now, if he hadn't this good news wouldn't have come about, now would it? Not to mention that everyone called Bush a complete failure just because they didn't like him, hell, I thought he was an idiot to but I know he did some things right, Obama on the other hand is a phony and doesn't deserve credit for anything he doesn't do either but is still taking the credit.

Why do we keep going down this path?

People opposed Bush going into Iraq.
Nobody opposed the invasion of Afghanistan where AlQaeda was located

Actually, many opposed all war, or did you miss that part?

Actually, many opposed all war, or did you miss that part?

Yes there are always pacifists

Bush had overwhelming support both internally and internationally to invade Afghanistan. It was the decision to invade Iraq that made people go Huh?????:cuckoo:

The larger point is if AlQaeda support is in fact weakening worldwide it is good news for everyone. If the disenchanted grow tired of the AlQaeda message and tactics they may just fade away

So why the threats that Holder spoke of today? Why the loss of the Olympics? Why aren't the seas parting for his programs? Why do his numbers keep falling?

As long as it's Obama, right?

This is a worldwide problem...I don't care if the French get credit

Really? Then why is it that so many refuse to give Bush credit still?

I hated the idea of war, always have always will, though I understand that it's needed sometimes I still hate it. But the credit here goes to Bush, he picked one good war in spite of being an idiot. Obama didn't, but people are giving him credit, if that isn't a red flag to you then you are lost.

As long as it's Obama, right?

I hated the idea of war, always have always will, though I understand that it's needed sometimes I still hate it. But the credit here goes to Bush, he picked one good war in spite of being an idiot. Obama didn't, but people are giving him credit, if that isn't a red flag to you then you are lost.

How about this??

We give the soldiers credit?

How about this??

Duh ... but they didn't issue the order in the first place, so Bush does get credit as well. But not Obama.

How about this??

Duh ... but they didn't issue the order in the first place, so Bush does get credit as well. But not Obama.

Kitten, God Damn it we are Americans

This bit about rooting against a major victory for AMERICA because you are afraid who gets credit for it is pathetic.
Defeating AlQaeda is good for the entire world. We need to do what it takes to finish the job and not worry about who gets political points

Forum List

Back