Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

The Captain was freed, and 3 of the 4 pirates were killed.

Damn Obama for being smart and letting the professionals do their job!!!
thats good news
but Obama had little to actually do with it
you should thank the military

Had there been a different resolution we would have laid the blame at the feet of the President.

Give the credit, whether he gave orders or simply left it up to the Navy.

It's great news for the President and for America.

It remains to be seen as to what steps will be taken to see that this doesn't happen again.
i didnt say he had nothing to do with it, just little
but chrisy ignored the fact that the military were the ones to carry it out
that was ALL i was saying
and i aplaud Obama for giving them the go ahead

thats good news
but Obama had little to actually do with it
you should thank the military

Had there been a different resolution we would have laid the blame at the feet of the President.

Give the credit, whether he gave orders or simply left it up to the Navy.

It's great news for the President and for America.

It remains to be seen as to what steps will be taken to see that this doesn't happen again.

I'm sure he approved the plans; at least was aware of them.

It is definitely good new for the United States.

Now, regardless of his involvement in this situation, BO needs to take the lead to eliminate the problem completely. Authorize patrols and surveillance - authorized preemptive strikes on the seas and use intelligence sources to find their "homes" - and destroy them.

Amen, brother.

Perhaps I yearn for a long-ago that cannot come again, but one of our most pacific Presidents, Jefferson, "No country perhaps was ever so thoroughly against war as ours. These dispositions pervade every description of its citizens, whether in or out of office. We love and we value peace, we know its blessings from experience.", but he sent the Marines "to the halls of Tripoli."

Forum List

Back