Obama declines comment on Tornado in Murfreesboro

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Good Friday tornadoes killed two people, injured 35 and leveled more than 100 homes and businesses in Murfreesboro and 36 homes in Rutherford County, causing millions in losses, authorities said Friday.

An emergency shelter was set up at New Visions Baptist Church on North Thompson Lane. Pinnacle Banking is accepting donations for the victims.
:eek:Tornado kills two, hurts 35, destroys 136 homes on The Murfreesboro Post

Hmmm.. Maybe someone told Obama that we didn't vote for him here. Actually, I think we'll do much better if the federal government just leaves us alone.

Here is video of one of the storms.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-qlfF2g2oA]YouTube - Tornado Murfreesboro, TN, Blackman community[/ame]

Good Friday tornadoes killed two people, injured 35 and leveled more than 100 homes and businesses in Murfreesboro and 36 homes in Rutherford County, causing millions in losses, authorities said Friday.

An emergency shelter was set up at New Visions Baptist Church on North Thompson Lane. Pinnacle Banking is accepting donations for the victims.
:eek:Tornado kills two, hurts 35, destroys 136 homes on The Murfreesboro Post

Hmmm.. Maybe someone told Obama that we didn't vote for him here. Actually, I think we'll do much better if the federal government just leaves us alone.

Really? Are you going to tell your governor not to apply for federal aid and declare the cities that were hit disaster areas?

Really? Are you going to tell your governor not to apply for federal aid and declare the cities that were hit disaster areas?

David.. I have no problem telling our governor not to apply for federal aid. He is, hovever, a democrat so you can be sure that he'll ask anyway. I don't know how they do things in New York but the folks around here aren't sitting on a bridge waiting for the federal government to come tell them where to squat and lean. When EMS put out a call for help yesterday, thousands of people showed up. The people here help themselves and they help their neighbors. The only thing the federal government could do right now is to slow the cleanup effort down.

Article w/ video of our democrat governor assuring that he'll ask for money :)

Video: Gov. Bredesen tours affected tornado areas | www.dnj.com | The Daily News Journal

Forum List

Back