Obama Decline: 47%

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sinatra, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    The latest from Gallup:

Gallup: Obama Approval Sinks to 47

Posted by Tom Bevan | Email This | Permalink | Email Author

According to the latest Gallup tracking poll, President Obama's job approval rating is now at an all time low of 47%, while his disapproval is now an an all time high of 46%.

Obama suffered a net four point loss of support overnight - a noticeably sharp decline for a tracking poll that usually doesn't move more than a point or two in either direction on any given day.

Gallup: Obama Approval Sinks to 47 - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Pffft.

Gallup and RCP are "outliers". :eusa_shifty:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    o but the right loves a poll when it reflects what they want it too....

o just like the left...polls are a bunch of mal....they are worded to elict a response.....they are meaningless

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    47% is not bad for a prresident who inherited the worst recession in decades.

5. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    Not good for one who "thinks" he's making things better....

I guess out-of-work Americans are speaking their minds....

6. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

He's on the verge of having a majority of the public see his face and have a gut reaction that says, "Oh God, how I hate this guy." He is more and more percieved as not being truthful. As he continues to morph his opinions from one mile post to the next, people have got to wonder how stupid he thinks we are.

How many times can he use the ploy of slight chage to redefine what he has said in the past?

Jobs "created" becomes "saved or created". 30 thousand troops becomes 30 thousand including those from our allies. The whole health care booddoggle is creating a new language. The administration talking heads on Sunday defined, redefined and undefined the exit strategy, timetable and goals re: Afghanistan and the whole should I stay or should I go now debate.

The word "dithering" caused allot of ruffled feathers, but the reality of the situation says that dithering is a pretty accurate word.

The Big 0 is finding that criticizing a policy is far easier than defining, implementing and executing a policy.

The country is finding that he is finding this to be true as well and it's doing nothing for their confidence in him.

Going from candidate to President is a little like going from teenager to adult. It's amazing how stupid one can get in a short period of time. Wasn't it just about 10 months ago when he still knew it all? If this dumming down goes on much longer, he won't be able to recite his own name.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

He's on the verge of having a majority of the public see his face and have a gut reaction that says, "Oh God, how I hate this guy." He is more and more percieved as not being truthful. As he continues to morph his opinions from one mile post to the next, people have got to wonder how stupid he thinks we are.

How many times can he use the ploy of slight change to redefine what he has said in the past?

Jobs "created" becomes "saved or created". 30 thousand troops becomes 30 thousand including those from our allies. The whole health care boondoggle is creating a new language. The administration talking heads on Sunday defined, redefined and undefined the exit strategy, timetable and goals re: Afghanistan and the whole should I stay or should I go now debate.

The word "dithering" caused allot of ruffled feathers, but the reality of the situation says that dithering is a pretty accurate word.

The Big 0 is finding that criticizing a policy is far easier than defining, implementing and executing a policy.

The country is finding that he is finding this to be true as well and it's doing nothing for our confidence in him.

Going from candidate to President is a little like going from teenager to adult. It's amazing how stupid one can get in a short period of time. Wasn't it just about 10 months ago when he still knew it all? If this dumming down goes on much longer, he won't be able to recite his own name.

8. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005

9. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I just left a union meeting. NJEA is opposing the Senate proposed excise tax on our health benefits. Cost to teachers in my district - $6,600. I looked at some of the Obama supporters in the room and mouthed "Do you regret your vote yet?"

"I will not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250K..." Fucking liar.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,169
    I was on Realclearpolitics yesterday. It seems like, if you click on Gallup it will take you to another screen. There is says Gallup uses a three day rolling average. So yes, a 4 point drop is huge.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009