Obama Declares Iraq War To End August 31, 2010

I will be interested to see how long this pull-out takes. I'm thinking "phase out".

Phasing out seems a lot more responsible than just pulling the plug.

You a fan of Richard Nixon's handling of the Vietnam War then?

Not particularly but I'm also not a fan of creating a power vacuum. Yanking the troops out does that.

how long before the troops are home? or is John McCain going to turn out to be a prophet?

I have very little doubt that we always have some kind of presence in Iraq.

I have very little doubt that we always have some kind of presence in Iraq.

Pretty much this. Which is what the Iraqi people don't want. Should be interesting in the future if they vote to not have U.S bases there.

We're never leaving Iraq & Afghanistan. These are just more lies coming from our Government. Iraq & Afghanistan will end up being South Korea scenarios. We are not leaving. These lies are used to appease their sheep. Let me know when we no longer have any soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. Most likely you wont live to see that day. The sheep gotta be fed though. It is very sad but it is what it is.

Wow, Obama is following Bush's time line exactly, and even keeping troops in Iraq just like Bush planned.

You must be referring to the "time horizon" President "we dont set timetables" BOOSSSHHH put in place to beat the Dems to the punch when it become painfully obvious that they were going the take White House in 2008.

No, I am reffering to the fact that Obama is follwing the exact plan Bush outligned, including leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq for the foreseeable future. Yet you sit there, drinking your Kool Aid, and claim that Obama is ending our involvement and bringing everyone home.

:cuckoo:

lol! Silly sheep. We will have soldiers in Afghanistan & Iraq for several decades. We're not leaving these nations anymore than we have left South Korea. The dirty politicians are just feeding the ignorant sheep by telling them what they want to hear. Grow up people.

lol! Silly sheep. We will have soldiers in Afghanistan & Iraq for several decades. We're not leaving these nations anymore than we have left South Korea. The dirty politicians are just feeding the ignorant sheep by telling them what they want to hear. Grow up people.

I know, right?

We have embassies and personnel in countries you've never even heard of, but we're going to completely pull out of one of the biggest oil producing nations in the world after we just spent 10 years taking it.

Wow, Obama is following Bush's time line exactly, and even keeping troops in Iraq just like Bush planned.

You must be referring to the "time horizon" President "we dont set timetables" BOOSSSHHH put in place to beat the Dems to the punch when it become painfully obvious that they were going the take White House in 2008.

No, I am reffering to the fact that Obama is follwing the exact plan Bush outligned, including leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq for the foreseeable future. Yet you sit there, drinking your Kool Aid, and claim that Obama is ending our involvement and bringing everyone home.

:cuckoo:

If you read just a bit further in the thread you would have gotten to the post where I say that I have little doubt we will always have some sort of presence in Iraq.

Like I said, BOOSSHHH outlined that plan when it was clear that the Dems were going to take the White House and he wanted to beat them to the political punch by implementing the "time horizon." It was a political move so people like you can say "the Dem POTUS is following BOOOOSHHHHH's" plan later on down the line. Up until then the narrative was always "no timetables because then the turrists will know to just lay in wait until we leave."

Btw,i know this current President took all the credit for this draw-down of troops in Iraq but he really only deserves a small portion of the credit. This agreement was a 2008 agreement signed by George Bush and the Iraqi Government. This was not an Obama plan. I was actually kind of shocked he stood up there and tried to take all the credit. What an ego on this guy huh? Doesn't matter though because we aren't leaving Afghanistan & Iraq. Have we left South Korea yet?

New Topics

Forum List

Back