Obama Declares Iraq War To End August 31, 2010

Well all combat troops will be withdrawing. However, we will still have a good sizable force there for the transitional period.

Thing is, many of them will be coming home but will be retrained to go and fight in Afghanistan.

What Obama needs to do is not listen to Pelosi on this.

The only thing crazier than war is trying to fight a politically correct one.

That's what happens when you're not fighting a Total War. If you end up losing the trust of the citizens, then the war itself becomes pointless because at that point you've become occupiers. At that point, you can no longer really achieve the objectives you went in with. The problem with the Iraq War was that we weren't welcome in the first place.

The only thing crazier than war is trying to fight a politically correct one.

That's what happens when you're not fighting a Total War. If you end up losing the trust of the citizens, then the war itself becomes pointless because at that point you've become occupiers. At that point, you can no longer really achieve the objectives you went in with. The problem with the Iraq War was that we weren't welcome in the first place.

But you can't force an inherent unconventional conflict to be a conventional one. That was the mistake that Rumsfeld and crew made after the invasion.

But you can't force an inherent unconventional conflict to be a conventional one. That was the mistake that Rumsfeld and crew made after the invasion.

Mistake was illegal invasion at first place.Rest are operational mistakes.

Of course. Rummy and his pals made a large number of mistakes with the invasion itself and after the invasion. I've read where they had no real long-term or even short-term plans. Not only that, but the troop levels were severely under what was needed.

It's not the troops fault though that we're not trusted there, not saying that at all. When they (the U.S government) kill somewhere in the area of 500,000 children in 12 years, they're probably not going to be very popular in the country.

Wow, Obama is following Bush's time line exactly, and even keeping troops in Iraq just like Bush planned.

Another Obama failure. What a fucking jackass, you don't announce to the world the date you plan on going home. Jesus this guy is incompetent. Obviously we should never have been there 9 years in the first place, in fact it is my opinion that Bush should have just sent a SF team in and killed Sadaam and no invasion, but what's done is done, and once again Obama screws the pooch. There is no doubt that Al Queda is lined up at the Syrian border ready to roll back in as soon as US troops are gone.

Another Obama failure. What a fucking jackass, you don't announce to the world the date you plan on going home. Jesus this guy is incompetent. Obviously we should never have been there 9 years in the first place, in fact it is my opinion that Bush should have just sent a SF team in and killed Sadaam and no invasion, but what's done is done, and once again Obama screws the pooch. There is no doubt that Al Queda is lined up at the Syrian border ready to roll back in as soon as US troops are gone.

Yeah, it wouldn't set off a civil war or anything. :cuckoo:

What? As if we could try to sneak out 50,000 troops without anyone noticing?

No, it's time for the Iraqi government to grow up. The problem with guys like you is that you don't think too much of the competence level of the Iraqi army. Fine, pick up a rifle and take your ass over there but our boys and girls are coming home.

The mistake was not removing Saddam in the first Gulf War, when the US had actually won.

Wow, Obama is following Bush's time line exactly, and even keeping troops in Iraq just like Bush planned.

You must be referring to the "time horizon" President "we dont set timetables" BOOSSSHHH put in place to beat the Dems to the punch when it become painfully obvious that they were going the take White House in 2008.

I will be interested to see how long this pull-out takes. I'm thinking "phase out".

The mistake was not removing Saddam in the first Gulf War, when the US had actually won.

That wasn't part of the mission.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I"]Besides Cheney knew back then that it was a stupid move to invade.[/ame]

Forum List

Back