Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business' - Yahoo! News

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. – President Barack Obama declared Gulf Coast beaches clean, safe and open for business Saturday as he brought his family to the Florida Panhandle and promised residents that the government wouldn't forget them once efforts to stop the leak are finished.

On a warm and muggy day, Obama pledged to "keep up our efforts until the environment is cleaned, polluters are held accountable, businesses and communities are made whole, and the people of the Gulf Coast are back on their feet."

To reinforce that message, Obama and Sasha swam in the Gulf's waters on Saturday, according to White House spokesman Bill Burton. The highly anticipated dip was away from the media's view. Obama said his family planned to "enjoy the beach and the water — to let our fellow Americans know that they should come on down here."

"It's the biggest single commercial you could imagine," Florida Gov. Charlie Crist said of the president's visit. Crist was among the local officials and small business owners who joined Obama earlier in the day at a meeting to discuss the pace of recovery efforts.

Obama, who is on his fifth trip to the region since the spill began, said he knows Gulf Coast residents have been frustrated by the slow payment of claims from a $20 billion BP fund for those who have suffered damages as a result of the spill, and he pledged to rectify that.

This is certainly great to see, no doubt.

I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Amazing. Does this mean Limbaugh was right?

I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

i guess this spoils it for cap & tax
;)

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?
it never was the worst disaster in the first place
Obama had an "oh shit" moment and realized he was doing more harm than good

That is nice.
But many people are not like us, they don't care about politics. And when they see their President swimming in the Gulf, they might reconsider their vacation.
I don't care why he did, the number one thing in the whole situation is the people who have been loosing money this whole time.

That is nice.
But many people are not like us, they don't care about politics. And when they see their President swimming in the Gulf, they might reconsider their vacation.
I don't care why he did, the number one thing in the whole situation is the people who have been loosing money this whole time.
see my post above

That is nice.
see my post above

I saw... after I wrote this. ;)

But is true. I have many friends who could care less who is President. :D

Obama and Sasha swam in the Gulf's waters on Saturday, according to White House spokesman Bill Burton. The highly anticipated dip was away from the media's view. Obama said his family planned to "enjoy the beach and the water — to let our fellow Americans know that they should come on down here."

Not that I care to see the photo, but did Obama actually go in the water or was he to chicken to be seen in a swim suit?

O thank Goodness, we are ALL SAVED again by the OBAMA.

he DECLARED THE WATERS ARE SAFE..now all we needed was a picture of him WALKING ON IT...whooboy can ya imagine.

good grief, gag a maggot.

Last edited:
Maybe now would be a good time to lift the ban on off shore drilling so people can get back to work....
Oh sorry...if OBama cared about peoples jobs he would already have done something about it.

On behalf of everyone in Panama City, Destin, Mary Esther, Port St. Joe, and all along the Gulf Coast, may I just say:

"Thanks for nothing, Douchebag in Chief!"

r3108657601.jpg

Forum List

Back