Obama decides to invade 3 more countries.

I guess Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya are not enough if you win a Nobel Peace Prize. Can anyone explain why we are fighting a group that has never attacked us? Other than them being really really bad there is no reason for us to be there at all.

I have authorized a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield. I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.
On October 12, the initial team of U.S. military personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Uganda. During the next month, additional forces will deploy, including a second combat-equipped team and associated headquarters, communications, and logistics personnel. The total number of U.S. military personnel deploying for this mission is approximately 100. These forces will act as advisors to partner forces that have the goal of removing from the battlefield Joseph Kony and other senior leadership of the LRA. Our forces will provide information, advice, and assistance to select partner nation forces. Subject to the approval of each respective host nation, elements of these U.S. forces will deploy into Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The support provided by U.S. forces will enhance regional efforts against the LRA. However, although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense. All appropriate precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of U.S. military personnel during their deployment.
http://www.lawfareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/uganda-WPR.pdf

Let's see...I don't rememer Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya ever attacking us. I do remember us being somehow negatively engaged with each of them for decades now. Now why is that? 1st of all it is well beyond Obama's time and I don't remember you complaining about it before then. So if yo do not want to have such engagements be consistent and show pure motive that is detached from any president or political party. If you do that I stand with ya.

You do not remember me complaining about it because I was not on this board,

By the way, I am not complaining, I am mocking.

Vietnam started with 400 advisers. Maybe we will get lucky and end up with a quarter of the Vietnam War.

its interesting, It was said that the Quagmire in Iraq was like Nam, and the cons cried it wasnt. Obama sends 100 people to Africa and its Nam all over again.

this, this is why you people are a fucking joke.

The difference between Iraq and Nam is we did not send advisers into Iraq, we sent troops in to win.

and...what the F did they win with 5000+dead later. How many is the Wounded Warriors project trying to help now. What did we gain?

Let's be honest! He is sending in 100 special force troops for training. African countries are a mess! The worst atrocities in the world are happening there. A 100 SF troops are not going to fight. If they might help the country's dictator stabilize the shitholes a little bit than I don't see the issue.

I guess Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya are not enough if you win a Nobel Peace Prize. Can anyone explain why we are fighting a group that has never attacked us? Other than them being really really bad there is no reason for us to be there at all.

I have authorized a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield. I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.
On October 12, the initial team of U.S. military personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Uganda. During the next month, additional forces will deploy, including a second combat-equipped team and associated headquarters, communications, and logistics personnel. The total number of U.S. military personnel deploying for this mission is approximately 100. These forces will act as advisors to partner forces that have the goal of removing from the battlefield Joseph Kony and other senior leadership of the LRA. Our forces will provide information, advice, and assistance to select partner nation forces. Subject to the approval of each respective host nation, elements of these U.S. forces will deploy into Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The support provided by U.S. forces will enhance regional efforts against the LRA. However, although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense. All appropriate precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of U.S. military personnel during their deployment.
http://www.lawfareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/uganda-WPR.pdf

The advisers in Nam were not going to fight either.

Ok Windbag, take a stand. Were you for Iraq? Then you should be so for Africa. It is actually a more honorable cause. If you are more like me and Ron Paul then we should mind our goddamn business.

At any rate let's get off the wishy washy political party stuff. We had nothing to gain in Iraq and we have noting to gain in Africa except more mindless America supremecy bullcrap. We are not exactly in a supremecacy positon right now and the sooner we forget that anyone is a 'superpower' the better.

100 Advisers = Invading? You do realize we were asked to come by the Governments of those countries right?

That said, It is always troubling to me when a President says he is sending troops somewhere, But they are only advisers and will only fight in Self Defense.

Can anyone say Vietnam? The Vietnam war was what we got the last time a President(Democrat) sent "advisers" somewhere, who were only going to fight in Self Defense.

I am not a big Fan of Half Assed Military Actions, I Have always been of the school that if you are going to go at all, go Big. I don't like the idea of 100 US troops alone out there, and subject to possibly being over run. If we are not going to send everything, so our boys and girls in uniform have every bit of support they can get, then I say don't send anything.

And so it begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,again................
really? we are going down this extreme slope because why?
You cant be this stupid

Read, learn, it is how we got started in Vietnam. Why is it you lefty losey assholes are so anti-war until there is a Democrat who starts one? I, and probably 99% of everyone else who has been in combat or a combat situation would prefer to never have another war, anywhere, ever. And you call that stupid. OK Stupid, carry on.

And so it begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,again................
You cant be this stupid

Read, learn, it is how we got started in Vietnam. Why is it you lefty losey assholes are so anti-war until there is a Democrat who starts one? I, and probably 99% of everyone else who has been in combat or a combat situation would prefer to never have another war, anywhere, ever. And you call that stupid. OK Stupid, carry on.
Didn't learn the lessons of Kennedy, did they?

You cant be this stupid

This IS the lesson of Kennedy:

War kick-starts a sluggish economy.

BTW if any mod is reading; this is the longest of about 3 threads on the same subject that will grow exponentially. You might wanna merge them while they're all manageable.

BTW if any mod is reading; this is the longest of about 3 threads on the same subject that will grow exponentially. You might wanna merge them while they're all manageable.

Yeah funny that isnt it. WWII proved that. However... it does not seem that the current wars are doing much to kick start this economy.

and now he wants a few more......

How dumb is that?

Yeah funny that isnt it. WWII proved that. However... it does not seem that the current wars are doing much to kick start this economy.

How dumb is that?
Precisely. Where is the money going to come from if it should become protracted? (And they usually do)?

Moreover? I see this as a stunt by Obama to garner votes...but then in the current situation? It's a hard sell on both sides...

How dumb is that?
Precisely. Where is the money going to come from if it should become protracted? (And they usually do)?

Moreover? I see this as a stunt by Obama to garner votes...but then in the current situation? It's a hard sell on both sides...

:eusa_whistle:

Oil exploration began in Uganda's northwestern Lake Albert basin nearly a decade ago; the Energy Ministry estimates the country has over two billion barrels of oil

allAfrica.com: Uganda: Rocky Start for Country's Burgeoning Oil Sector

Actually with the scepticism today, pretty damned hard.

Not as hard as you think for the side that supports Obama but absolutely impossible for the other side, but that is not all that different from Presidents of the past with a few exceptions such as Bush 43 after 9/11 when America really did come together albeit for too brief a period.

Immie

Actually the side that supports Obama is very unlikely to support even another war. Geez, we are just another country in the world. What the F are we doing involving ourselves in such a negative way with others? Who made us the world's supposed saviour and what gives use the right to think we know better than others? Like we have it all together.

Most recently it has been Obama who has decided that we should be the policemen of the world.

Other than that, I would have to agree that we have no legitimate claim that we know better than others. For over 200 years our system worked, for us. It is now being torn apart by corrupt politicians and those who follow them.

Immie

no, no its not.

Yes, yes it is.

Perhaps you would like to explain why you don't think it is?

Maybe you don't think the 100 advisers are putting their lives on the line? Or maybe even more foolishly you think the "non-combat" troops in Iraq really are non-combat troops?

Immie

They put their live on the line when they signed up, but even you should understand this is a numbers game. 40k is a lot different than 100...

Its not the samething.

Oh, so your only claim that it is not the same thing is based on scale. :lol:

In the meantime those hundred men and women will be stuck in no man's land with targets painted on their backs by The One.

Immie

How dumb is that?

Oil exploration began in Uganda's northwestern Lake Albert basin nearly a decade ago; the Energy Ministry estimates the country has over two billion barrels of oil

Yeah...I saw this earlier...Imagine that? Obama exploiting another countrys' riches?

Know what that means?

OBAMA is a FRAUD...and being manipulated...Obama has no voice outside a TELEPROMPTER...:lol::lol::lol:

Canada better not be on that list.

'Cause it'd sure be embarrassing when you lose!

:lol:

Canada is the red-headed bastard child of the US..

Canada has a population of 30 million - the US has a population of 300 million.

The US could destroy Canada in 30 seconds...

Hell, all your weaponry was given to you by the US...

Also, we will never get into a war with Canada because we already own and occupy you..

Not to mention it would be bad for hockey, Jets fans would be really pissed after getting their team back.

How dumb is that?

Funny how we always get involved if there is oil, and ignore it, even when people beg for help, when there is none.

Canada better not be on that list.

'Cause it'd sure be embarrassing when you lose!

:lol:

Canada is the red-headed bastard child of the US..

Canada has a population of 30 million - the US has a population of 300 million.

The US could destroy Canada in 30 seconds...

Hell, all your weaponry was given to you by the US...

Also, we will never get into a war with Canada because we already own and occupy you..

Not to mention it would be bad for hockey, Jets fans would be really pissed after getting their team back.

Seeing as Canada is relying upon US for thier defenence? Canadians on this board should STFU...

Truth is I have worked with the Canadian military. they are a fine group of professional soldiers.

Just not that big, numbers wise that is.........

Will there ever be an end to all these foreign interventions? You would think this nation would have tired of war by now. I mean isn't 70 straight years of war enough? Maybe it's time to try peace instead? It couldn't hurt.

:clap2:

The Prince of Peace did promise to change that. Remember he said he would end the wars, close Gitmo... The only change I see is he spending more money on WAR that we don't have and we'll have to borrow from China! WTF I think they should make Nobama give back his Nobel Peace Prize.

There are some Senators like John McCain and Lindsey Graham and others who are chopping at the bit to start a war with Iran. People have to start screaming at the top of their lungs at the politicians before they run us into the ground. Just like a small child we have to take away something that they like. Something like, political power in office because we will vote them out of office. Call them now the (800) numbers are in the signature.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back