Obama decides to invade 3 more countries.

I guess Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya are not enough if you win a Nobel Peace Prize. Can anyone explain why we are fighting a group that has never attacked us? Other than them being really really bad there is no reason for us to be there at all.

I have authorized a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield. I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.
On October 12, the initial team of U.S. military personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Uganda. During the next month, additional forces will deploy, including a second combat-equipped team and associated headquarters, communications, and logistics personnel. The total number of U.S. military personnel deploying for this mission is approximately 100. These forces will act as advisors to partner forces that have the goal of removing from the battlefield Joseph Kony and other senior leadership of the LRA. Our forces will provide information, advice, and assistance to select partner nation forces. Subject to the approval of each respective host nation, elements of these U.S. forces will deploy into Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The support provided by U.S. forces will enhance regional efforts against the LRA. However, although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense. All appropriate precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of U.S. military personnel during their deployment.

http://www.lawfareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/uganda-WPR.pdf

100 Advisers = Invading? You do realize we were asked to come by the Governments of those countries right?

That said, It is always troubling to me when a President says he is sending troops somewhere, But they are only advisers and will only fight in Self Defense.

Can anyone say Vietnam? The Vietnam war was what we got the last time a President(Democrat) sent "advisers" somewhere, who were only going to fight in Self Defense.

I am not a big Fan of Half Assed Military Actions, I Have always been of the school that if you are going to go at all, go Big. I don't like the idea of 100 US troops alone out there, and subject to possibly being over run. If we are not going to send everything, so our boys and girls in uniform have every bit of support they can get, then I say don't send anything.

Last edited:
I guess Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and Libya are not enough if you win a Nobel Peace Prize. Can anyone explain why we are fighting a group that has never attacked us? Other than them being really really bad there is no reason for us to be there at all.

I have authorized a small number of combat-equipped U.S. forces to deploy to central Africa to provide assistance to regional forces that are working toward the removal of Joseph Kony from the battlefield. I believe that deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.
On October 12, the initial team of U.S. military personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Uganda. During the next month, additional forces will deploy, including a second combat-equipped team and associated headquarters, communications, and logistics personnel. The total number of U.S. military personnel deploying for this mission is approximately 100. These forces will act as advisors to partner forces that have the goal of removing from the battlefield Joseph Kony and other senior leadership of the LRA. Our forces will provide information, advice, and assistance to select partner nation forces. Subject to the approval of each respective host nation, elements of these U.S. forces will deploy into Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The support provided by U.S. forces will enhance regional efforts against the LRA. However, although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense. All appropriate precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of U.S. military personnel during their deployment.

100 Advisers = Invading? You do realize we were asked to come by the Governments of those countries right?

That said, It is always troubling to me when a President says he is sending troops somewhere, But they are only advisers and will only fight in Self Defense.

Can anyone say Vietnam?
So where is the consulting of the Congress?

I smell 'WAG THE DOG' for his re-election...But that couldn't be...doesn't his base hate sending troops anywhere to any 'war'?

Yeah but his base has been eroded and is fractured. Guess he'll try anything short of carpet bombing a red state!

Can anyone say Vietnam? The Vietnam war was what we got the last time a President(Democrat) sent "advisers" somewhere, who were only going to fight in Self Defense.

I am not a big Fan of Half Assed Military Actions, I Have always been of the school that if you are going to go at all, go Big. I don't like the idea of 100 US troops alone out there, and subject to possibly being over run. If we are not going to send everything, so our boys and girls in uniform have every bit of support they can get, then I say don't send anything.

And so it begins,,,,,,,,,,,,,again................

Can anyone say Vietnam?

No Idea, I am not defending this Action, simply pointing out that send 100 Advisers to Countries that invited us, does not equal Invading.

There are plenty of Reasons to Bash Obama, Why invent ones that are not real?

Can anyone say Vietnam?

here

Vietnam started with 400 advisers. Maybe we will get lucky and end up with a quarter of the Vietnam War.

Last edited:

Can anyone say Vietnam?

No Idea, I am not defending this Action, simply pointing out that send 100 Advisers to Countries that invited us, does not equal Invading.

There are plenty of Reasons to Bash Obama, Why invent ones that are not real?

Because it is so much fun?

I will admit invaded is over the top, but I thought we were no longer the world's police.

Vietnam started with 400 advisers. Maybe we will get lucky and end up with a quarter of the Vietnam War.

Hey... it was a conflict.... not a war.

lol @ all the RW fanatical faux outrage :lol:

Considering the wars we are in now are breaking us......considering the left are the ones beating the come home drum the loudest.... i sure hope there is quite a lot of real outrage over this.

if we have no business in the wars we are in now... we have no business "advising" anyone anymore.

Forum List

Back