Obama cuts social security...

In fact, many retirees could lose tens of thousands of dollars in benefits due to BO's cuts.

Well, my SS went up as a result of my continuing to work full time. Perhaps if you are not satisfied with what you are getting, you should consider working.

I wonder how many Americans know that Big Ears cut SS. Based on responses in this thread, I would guess ever few know.

You have yet to show that benefits were cut. Have you considered the possibility that you are simply wrong about the cuts?

no cola this year-----I think. cola is a yearly in increase based on the calculated
cost of living------calculated by some elves in fairy land
Wrong.

oh ----sorry......what is RIGHT?

In fact, many retirees could lose tens of thousands of dollars in benefits due to BO's cuts.
My, my, any old lie will due, eh? Show us that, but you will not because you cannot.

I wonder how many Americans know that Big Ears cut SS. Based on responses in this thread, I would guess ever few know.

You have yet to show that benefits were cut. Have you considered the possibility that you are simply wrong about the cuts?

no cola this year-----I think. cola is a yearly in increase based on the calculated
Wrong.

You guys prove once again, to be uninformed. If the msm doesn't tell you, you don't know.

No wonder our country is so Fucked up.

My, my, any old lie will due, eh? Show us that, but you will not because you cannot.

Wrong.

You guys prove once again, to be uninformed. If the msm doesn't tell you, you don't know.

. Look, I'm more than happy to shit on Obama for any little thing. Please define "cut" when it comes to SS, because we don't know what you mean and you're being purposely vague.

Wrong.

. Look, I'm more than happy to shit on Obama for any little thing. Please define "cut" when it comes to SS, because we don't know what you mean and you're being purposely vague.
geeze....louise.

A cut is a reduction in government payments.

Must I do all the work around here?

Baby Boomer Social Security Shocker

Column: Proposed budget bill would have devastating effects on millions' Social Security benefits | PBS NewsHour

Quit AARP For Endorsing Bipartisan Bill Cutting Millions Of Baby Boomers' Social Security Benefits

Of course the OP must be aware that the president doesn't decide what the Social Security benefits will be.

Of course the OP must be aware that the president doesn't decide what the Social Security benefits will be.
WTF...read the thread before posting stupidity.

I wonder...could BO do anything to cause you concern?

Wrong.

geeze....louise.

Column: Proposed budget bill would have devastating effects on millions' Social Security benefits | PBS NewsHour

Quit AARP For Endorsing Bipartisan Bill Cutting Millions Of Baby Boomers' Social Security Benefits
There are cuts defined by democrats and cuts defined by honest people. Which cuts are you referring to?

COLAs aren't a party specific reduction of benefits. They are mathematical formulas. The level of inflation justifies zero increase in benefits.

People tend to confuse COLAs with raises. They aren't. COLAs are an adjustment to preserve the buying power of benefits. When you have no inflation, you get an adjustment of zero.

Hold it, JoeTheEconomist!:mad-61:
This is a political forum and if the narrow-minded want to point fingers at their arch-enemy political party for no solid reason at all, well damn it, they can do it! It happens many times daily. We may not be smart, but damnit, we do know how to hate somebody/something maybe not for any solid reason. Besides, our masters (hyper-partisan blogs/talk radio), tells us who to hate and even if their reason is 1000% partisan crap, that's OK because we worship our hyper-partisan blogs and talk radio! :poop:

Why has the media not reported it?

sounds-like-bullshit.jpg

Wrong.

geeze....louise.

It is modest affects on Social Security benefits. It is a devastating effect on the financial advisors who sell books on how to game Social Security.

The benefit that was cut was added in 2000. It is not an old-age benefit. It is a know-how-to-file paperwork benefit. It needed to go.

geeze....louise.

It is modest affects on Social Security benefits. It is a devastating effect on the financial advisors who sell books on how to game Social Security.

The benefit that was cut was added in 2000. It is not an old-age benefit. It is a know-how-to-file paperwork benefit. It needed to go.
You miss the point.

BO cuts SS and there is no political price paid and nearly zero big lib media reports about it. I guess it does not fit the meme that only the R party cuts SS, not the wonderful Ds. Since when does any politician get away with cutting SS, without a peep from the government run left media? That same media has been telling the American people the R party wants to terminate or cut SS for decades...and many Americans believe them.

For example, here is a post from just this past Saturday...
When Democrats wrote the Social Security Act, FDR insisted that it be written so that Republicans could not kill Social Security when they got into office. Of course, that did not stop Republicans from trying to change it as did Bush with his privatization plan, but now with Social Security gaining acceptance it will be even harder for Republicans to drop, or change Social Security.

PS. Just so you know, these cuts are not minor. For some boomers these cuts will cost them a great deal.

Forum List

Back