Obama Creates an Education Office for Blacks...Discrimination Much???

Black unemployment is hovering around 20%. Barry needs the same turnout from blacks that he got in 2008 and the truth is...many people in the black community don't feel like he's done enough for them. See this for what it is...a rather desperate attempt to shore up support with what SHOULD be an iron clad demographic for him a hundred days out from the election.

In some ways they are. But they've managed to make it. Simply making it isn't proof that discrimation doesn't exist dummy. You must believe that oppression doesn't happen because some make it. I bet, you won't say it tho...because you don't even believe that bullshit.

somehow i knew you would make the ' they made it in spite of racism' comment.

you believe your own bullshit that all blacks are oppressed.

None are oppressed. It's just one more of your lame excuses.

Ok, So you believe that now blacks have the upper hand when it comes to programs like AA? You can always ask a black person but you'll get an answer you dont like. Then go back to what is comfortable for you, which is making up a narrative about something you have no idea, experience or curiosity in understanding. You dont have to ask a black person...you already have your stereotypes that make you feel good.

So do blacks now have the upper hand or not?

Now you want to tell us that no one but another black can understand what blacks think, feel, know, understand...OK. That's just another way of dividing all of us. Telling blacks that no one else will ever understand their plight, that's really helpful...

So basically we should get rid of the thing that is making it a level playing field and sing kumbaya until people stop being...well, people. Sounds like a great plan except it's not a plan, it's a dream. A good dream...I like it....but possible? Human history tells us that ain't gonna happen.

I haven't addressed AA in any of my posts, I'm talking more big picture than that. Get rid of it? Maybe over time, I'd have to think about that, and I don't have enough caffeine in me just yet. I guess I have two points here.

First, while the Left is constantly trying to level the playing field via legislation and intimidation, I never hear anything about how such actions create animosity and ultimately slow down the healing process we obviously still need.

Second, those who get cranky looking at legislated field-leveling see fatherless black households, incredible out-of-wedlock births and high crime rates, but they don't see black leaders addressing those problems, raising standards for American blacks, expecting more from them. All we see is perpetuation of the "you're a victim, the white man is out to get you, let us take care of you" message that blacks receive since birth.

So what do we end up with? A perpetual, self-feeding, never-ending cycle in which standards are held significantly down for blacks, the white man is made out to be the villain and the enemy, black "leaders" who have a vested interest in the cycle continuing, a continuing decay of the black family, legislation continuing to "level" and make "fair", and absolutely no healing going on whatsoever.

Hell, we could continue this cycle forever if we wanted to, and some certainly do. So we can either continue this fruitless dance, or we can change our approach. Seems to me a logical first step in this new approach would be to stop lowering standards for blacks and give them back the self-esteem and dignity we took from them the day they were born.

But I'll agree with you on one thing: I'm not expecting this to happen. Too many people with an interest in keeping the status quo, with blacks and whites divided and pissed.

So basically we should get rid of the thing that is making it a level playing field and sing kumbaya until people stop being...well, people. Sounds like a great plan except it's not a plan, it's a dream. A good dream...I like it....but possible? Human history tells us that ain't gonna happen.

I haven't addressed AA in any of my posts, I'm talking more big picture than that. Get rid of it? Maybe over time, I'd have to think about that, and I don't have enough caffeine in me just yet. I guess I have two points here.

First, while the Left is constantly trying to level the playing field via legislation and intimidation, I never hear anything about how such actions create animosity and ultimately slow down the healing process we obviously still need.

Second, those who get cranky looking at legislated field-leveling see fatherless black households, incredible out-of-wedlock births and high crime rates, but they don't see black leaders addressing those problems, raising standards for American blacks, expecting more from them. All we see is perpetuation of the "you're a victim, the white man is out to get you, let us take care of you" message that blacks receive since birth.

So what do we end up with? A perpetual, self-feeding, never-ending cycle in which standards are held significantly down for blacks, the white man is made out to be the villain and the enemy, black "leaders" who have a vested interest in the cycle continuing, a continuing decay of the black family, legislation continuing to "level" and make "fair", and absolutely no healing going on whatsoever.

Hell, we could continue this cycle forever if we wanted to, and some certainly do. So we can either continue this fruitless dance, or we can change our approach. Seems to me a logical first step in this new approach would be to stop lowering standards for blacks and give them back the self-esteem and dignity we took from them the day they were born.

But I'll agree with you on one thing: I'm not expecting this to happen. Too many people with an interest in keeping the status quo, with blacks and whites divided and pissed.

I agree with everything except what I bolded.

Who is this we? I never took anything from anyone and I'm sure no one else did either.

Life is full of indignities for everyone. Get used to it.

I agree with everything except what I bolded.

Who is this we? I never took anything from anyone and I'm sure no one else did either.

Life is full of indignities for everyone. Get used to it.

We = society in general, those who either push it or allow it to happen.

You can certainly take yourself out of the mix on that, I was "speaking" generally.

Excellent post. We need more Bill Cosby's.

Funny you would say that. I was just thinking about an article I saw online (may have been the Huffington Post) a couple of years ago about Cosby and his efforts. The readers there jumped on him like a pack of wild dogs, calling him every name in the book, savaging him big time. Didn't exactly lift the spirits, y'know?

Funny you would say that. I was just thinking about an article I saw online (may have been the Huffington Post) a couple of years ago about Cosby and his efforts. The readers there jumped on him like a pack of wild dogs, calling him every name in the book, savaging him big time. Didn't exactly lift the spirits, y'know?

Yes, the entitlement issue has now been inbred. Very sad. Excuses instead of accepting responsibility.

somehow i knew you would make the ' they made it in spite of racism' comment.

you believe your own bullshit that all blacks are oppressed.

None are oppressed. It's just one more of your lame excuses.

Ok, So you believe that now blacks have the upper hand when it comes to programs like AA? You can always ask a black person but you'll get an answer you dont like. Then go back to what is comfortable for you, which is making up a narrative about something you have no idea, experience or curiosity in understanding. You dont have to ask a black person...you already have your stereotypes that make you feel good.

So do blacks now have the upper hand or not?

Now you want to tell us that no one but another black can understand what blacks think, feel, know, understand...OK. That's just another way of dividing all of us. Telling blacks that no one else will ever understand their plight, that's really helpful...

You can understand all of those things but you cant KNOW all of those things. Telling people how blacks are raised and what they believe is not understanding it's pretending to know. Then you throw the stereotypes around then pretend to be offended...Fuck off crybaby.

Again, you are blaming the fire and not the arsonist. Treat blacks bad, then pass a law to help the black not to be treated badly, the people who treated blacks badly are now mad about not blacks having protections. Oh boo hoo!

Black leaders are always addressing those points. Whenever whites are giving examples of it they dismiss it with comments like "not enough" or simply ignore it because it doesnt fit the "black leaders are using blacks to get ahead"....uh...what did you call it? Oh yeah, dividing groups and putting one against the other narrative.

Again, this whole "I'm so upset a black leaders" bullshit has to exist if it didnt, you wouldnt be able to play one group against another. Many black people know the benefit of having these black leaders. Just like AA, you want to get rid of the things that help Blacks and replace it with feel good. History doesnt agree with you. You ignore that point. You like to blame the results...meaning....Blacks were being discriminated against so Affirmative Action was created. You're mad at the program created to stop discrimination, not the discrimination.

Again, you dont expect this to happen not because its never happened ever. It's like saying Pigs can fly but there are pigs out there that are vested in them not flying. It sounds nice but blacks didnt make America divided. Someone else did. Then when blacks want the same...Someone else says it's not fair (ignoring the unfairness that existed in the first place)

You seem to enjoy blaming everything on the awful awful fire while the arsonist runs free. In fact, you are actually arguing to give the arsonist his matches back.

No, they're Uncle Tom oreos.

Strawman. No one calls an educated black person a uncle Tom for being successful. Idiot. Not one definition of uncle Tom describes it as being someone who is educated. But you know that already, that's why you had to build that strawman.

Au contraire, mon ami! It's the very same faction that constantly tells "poor" blacks what victims they are that also tells "poor" blacks that conservative blacks who have made something of themselves are the enemy, to be disdained as "Uncle Toms", oreos, and thusly, traitors to their race. Colin Powel, Condolezza Rice, Walter Williams, and Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, and Michael Steele, to name a few.
But you go on keeping blacks on the plantation. I just wonder what you get out of that?

Au contraire, Mon ami! Like I said no one does that. Of course you can find one or two dummies in every crowd but that is not the norm. You know that, I know that...but it makes you feel knowledgeable about blacks to say something you have no idea about.

:thup:

You seem to enjoy blaming everything on the awful awful fire while the arsonist runs free. In fact, you are actually arguing to give the arsonist his matches back.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, huh? And another difference between us that I don't put words in your mouth or paint metaphors based on what you say that support my position. But I realize that's what "debate" is all about nowadays. "Intellectual honesty optional" and all that.

The good news for you is that you'll continue to get your way:

• Black children will continue to be told from birth that life is unfair, they don't have a chance, and they need the government to make life fair for them
  • Black Americans will continue to have their self-respect and dignity stripped from them by people who want to make them reliant on the government to just get along
  • Americans will continue to be divided by skin color by the very same people who scream at us that Americans should not be divided by skin color.
  • "Leaders" like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will continue to fan the flames of discontent and division while avoiding any discussion of where blacks are responsible for improving themselves and their families
  • All of the above will continue to contribute to resentment between blacks and whites as those who want to keep us divided succeed spectacularly
Congratulations! This has worked so well for the last 10 or 20 years.

You should be celebrating. Crazy people like me are being ignored.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, huh? And another difference between us that I don't put words in your mouth or paint metaphors based on what you say that support my position. But I realize that's what "debate" is all about nowadays. "Intellectual honesty optional" and all that.

The good news for you is that you'll continue to get your way:

• Black children will continue to be told from birth that life is unfair, they don't have a chance, and they need the government to make life fair for them
  • Black Americans will continue to have their self-respect and dignity stripped from them by people who want to make them reliant on the government to just get along
  • Americans will continue to be divided by skin color by the very same people who scream at us that Americans should not be divided by skin color.
  • "Leaders" like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will continue to fan the flames of discontent and division while avoiding any discussion of where blacks are responsible for improving themselves and their families
  • All of the above will continue to contribute to resentment between blacks and whites as those who want to keep us divided succeed spectacularly
Congratulations! This has worked so well for the last 10 or 20 years.

You should be celebrating. Crazy people like me are being ignored.

Ok, are you foreal right now. You just said you wont put words in other peoples mouth then proceeded to put words into the entire black communities mouth with your list. From your list:

1. Life is unfair, no one promotes govt assistance. Again ask a black person and you may get clarity
2. Dignity isnt stripped from anyone who is on govt assistance. It's help, just like white people who get assistance arent stripped of dignity...Just like Jews who get assistance arent stripped of dignity. You pretend that assistance HURTS people emotionally because...you cant measure emotions, so it's an easy un-fact to use
3. People always have been divided by skin color. To lay the division at the feet of black people is blaming the fire and not the arsonist
4. Leaders in black communities respond to injustice. If there were no injustice they would be irrelevent now wouldnt they. But again, you're pretending "leaders" make up police brutality, fucked up Justice systems etc. Wow...Blacks control everything from how white people feel to general injustice.
5. White people caused the divide in the first place...now you are pretending whites segregated themselves. Now I realize that for all this to happen, blacks would have to be the most powerful group in America

You dont believe that...White peoples resentment of blacks isnt black peoples fault. Its just a new excuse for what has been happening before AA, Civil Rights, The Education dept etc. The resentment has always been there and on display...you just have new reasons why it exists. And you blame it all on black people.

Ok, are you foreal right now. You just said you wont put words in other peoples mouth then proceeded to put words into the entire black communities mouth with your list. From your list:

1. Life is unfair, no one promotes govt assistance. Again ask a black person and you may get clarity
2. Dignity isnt stripped from anyone who is on govt assistance. It's help, just like white people who get assistance arent stripped of dignity...Just like Jews who get assistance arent stripped of dignity. You pretend that assistance HURTS people emotionally because...you cant measure emotions, so it's an easy un-fact to use
3. People always have been divided by skin color. To lay the division at the feet of black people is blaming the fire and not the arsonist
4. Leaders in black communities respond to injustice. If there were no injustice they would be irrelevent now wouldnt they. But again, you're pretending "leaders" make up police brutality, fucked up Justice systems etc. Wow...Blacks control everything from how white people feel to general injustice.
5. White people caused the divide in the first place...now you are pretending whites segregated themselves. Now I realize that for all this to happen, blacks would have to be the most powerful group in America

You dont believe that...White peoples resentment of blacks isnt black peoples fault. Its just a new excuse for what has been happening before AA, Civil Rights, The Education dept etc. The resentment has always been there and on display...you just have new reasons why it exists. And you blame it all on black people.

An eloquent defense of the status quo.

Not good enough for me, I think American blacks deserve much better, but that's just me.

And I blame it all on black people? Here we go again...

Good luck with the status quo.

Obama creating African-American education office

Why an African American Education Office? The Department of Education was just for whites? Were they ignoring the the black population? I don’t recall the Department of Education being called the White Department of Education. That would be discriminatory, just as the African American Education office certainly is!

This is supposed to be for ill prepared blacks to become better prepared for future education? Is the a dilemna only peculiar to blacks? There are disadvantaged whites and other minorities around as well! The Department of Education cannot meet their needs and should we have a White Education office, a Hispanic Education Office? An Asian Education Office?

The president's COLOR is really showing! Or is he shoring up a voting base?

News from The Associated Press

You know what else our Most Great Leader, Papa Obama
our "postracial president" did in this executive order ?

Papa Obama has decreed that school discipline will be distributed out according to skin color:

His July 26 executive order established a government panel to promote “a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

President Barack Obama is backing a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From each race according to their ability
To each race according to their need

Last edited:

Forum List

Back