Obama Creates an Education Office for Blacks...Discrimination Much???

What would you call it?

Honestly.

I would say chauvinism. Or just favouritism, or partisanism. This move is about favouring blacks not about "down with whitey".

Having said that, I don't think it's a good move for Obama. If it was a "minority" outreach sort of thing, that would be better. I don't think singling out one racial group is smart.

"Minority" isn't better either. Disadvantaged youth come in all colors.
According to the demographic of disadvantaged (economically) kids, mostly white and hispanic, though.

Obama creating African-American education office

Why an African American Education Office? The Department of Education was just for whites? Were they ignoring the the black population? I don’t recall the Department of Education being called the White Department of Education. That would be discriminatory, just as the African American Education office certainly is!

This is supposed to be for ill prepared blacks to become better prepared for future education? Is the a dilemna only peculiar to blacks? There are disadvantaged whites and other minorities around as well! The Department of Education cannot meet their needs and should we have a White Education office, a Hispanic Education Office? An Asian Education Office?

The president's COLOR is really showing! Or is he shoring up a voting base?

News from The Associated Press

I'm voting white for the rest of my life.

It's not racism.

Jesus, you guys need to read up on words before you use them.

Racism to most people is treating people differently based on their race. That is exactly what this is. Please tell us why we should have a department of education exclusively for black children?

Most people should open up a dictionary. Groupthink is not an excuse for ignorance

If he had done that for whites you wouldn't be able to hear above the screams of racism but if he does it, it is OK. Why not just have an office for Americans but my guess is he will open one up for illegals. This is what we got in 2008, congratulations democracts you lose too.

Oh goodie another angry white guy circle jerk

Keep on topic. Do you think it's fair having a Black Depart of Education when their are other races suffering from the same ills that the black student suffers from? Why not include them? What have a Department of Education singling out ONE RACE?

This is just racism, plain and simple. We already have a Department of Education that is supposed to be directing the education of all students, races, colors and impediments they face.

Look angry white guy. Do I think it's fair? No but then again the history of Blacks in America isnt fair...So its a wash. Racism doesnt mean what you think it means crybaby. Take your white privilege and cry to someone else. It's obvious that any mention of race makes white guys go crazy with fear and rage. You dont even know why you think this is "racist". You just say it then claim that it's the left who screams racism.

You have a nice circulatory reasons for anger which is fueled by yourself.

I know, I know...you only care about Obama's policies not his race. Which explains why before he made one policy the right claimed that he was a muslim, fake christian that hated whites and was sworn in on the koran. All important policy disagreements..

You want to go back 200 years to defend this move? Let's live in the present, shall we? There are millions of disadvantages students, not all of the black. Why does this president parse out efforts to only his own race and ignore the rest?

We have a Department of Education that Obama must be acknoweldging does not meet the needs of all students and has created a Department of African American Education. If the Department of Education is not meeting the needs of these (And others), do something with Arne Duncan, his Chicago pal. Don't create a new Department for his Chosen People.

Keep on topic. Do you think it's fair having a Black Depart of Education when their are other races suffering from the same ills that the black student suffers from? Why not include them? What have a Department of Education singling out ONE RACE?

This is just racism, plain and simple. We already have a Department of Education that is supposed to be directing the education of all students, races, colors and impediments they face.

Look angry white guy. Do I think it's fair? No but then again the history of Blacks in America isnt fair...So its a wash. Racism doesnt mean what you think it means crybaby. Take your white privilege and cry to someone else. It's obvious that any mention of race makes white guys go crazy with fear and rage. You dont even know why you think this is "racist". You just say it then claim that it's the left who screams racism.

I know, I know...you only care about Obama's policies not his race. Which explains why before he made one policy the right claimed that he was a muslim, fake christian that hated whites and was sworn in on the koran. All important policy disagreements..

It is not a 'wash', moron.

It is discrimination and a violation of equal protection.

No it's a wash, you fuckers cry about it but wouldnt trade lives in a million years

It's not racism.

Racism to most people is treating people differently based on their race. That is exactly what this is. Please tell us why we should have a department of education exclusively for black children?

Most people should open up a dictionary. Groupthink is not an excuse for ignorance

Here's the three definitions of racism taken from dictionary.com.

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

If the belief that blacks as whole, or latinos as a whole, etc need extra help/assistance to get ahead or catch up, wouldn't that inherently imply the belief that the group that is "ahead" is superior in some way?

a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

We know our government isn't. How else could a black man be elected president?

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Definitely applicable of some people. Notice how it doesn't specify that only one race can be hateful of another though. There's some black people out there who are just as racist as some white people.

Last edited:

You want to go back 200 years to defend this move? Let's live in the present, shall we? There are millions of disadvantages students, not all of the black. Why does this president parse out efforts to only his own race and ignore the rest?

We have a Department of Education that Obama must be acknoweldging does not meet the needs of all students and has created a Department of African American Education. If the Department of Education is not meeting the needs of these (And others), do something with Arne Duncan, his Chicago pal. Don't create a new Department for his Chosen People.

he did it cause he got his orders to ass kiss the naacp.

It is not a 'wash', moron.

It is discrimination and a violation of equal protection.

No it's a wash, you fuckers cry about it but wouldnt trade lives in a million years
So, let's help ONLY the group of kids who are not as disadvantaged as several other groups, even though this is a government by the People and for the People.

People now means only a certain color.

Welcome back to the 1860s.

I think the office that Obama is suggesting is under the DoE. It is not an entire department that acts on its own.

In any case, is it not better for this office to serve all children that may possess a disadvantage to obtaining higher education? That, I believe, is a better focus for an education intiative on Obama's part.

I think the office that Obama is suggesting is under the DoE. It is not an entire department that acts on its own.

In any case, is it not better for this office to serve all children that may possess a disadvantage to obtaining higher education? That, I believe, is a better focus for an education intiative on Obama's part.
And, constitutional.

I mean, he is a 'constitutional scholar', right? And, the Constitution prohibits discrimination based on race, for example, right?

It's not racism.

Parsing words is no substitute for intellectual honesty. It's OBVIOUS that Barack Obama is engaged in racial bias for the sake of pandering to a particular racial demographic.

Why an African American Education Office? The Department of Education was just for whites? Were they ignoring the the black population? I don’t recall the Department of Education being called the White Department of Education. That would be discriminatory, just as the African American Education office certainly is!

This is supposed to be for ill prepared blacks to become better prepared for future education? Is the a dilemna only peculiar to blacks? There are disadvantaged whites and other minorities around as well! The Department of Education cannot meet their needs and should we have a White Education office, a Hispanic Education Office? An Asian Education Office?

Black people should be insulted by this. They should be insulted by affirmative action and all this other crap too. The left have basically told the black people "You're so ignorant that we have to do this for you to help get you ahead". It's an insult and some black folks are so blinded by ideology that they don't even see it.

By your definition some guy Obama would be racist against blacks. I can't wait to see your outrage on display. Oh wait, racism against blacks is ok. Whites not so much.

Funny, you guys get super upset at perceived racism against whites then run around assuring everyone that racism against blacks doesnt exist or is imagined.

It's just another way to divide the country. Also, how does a president create something without congressional approval?

By your definition some guy Obama would be racist against blacks. I can't wait to see your outrage on display. Oh wait, racism against blacks is ok. Whites not so much.

Funny, you guys get super upset at perceived racism against whites then run around assuring everyone that racism against blacks doesnt exist or is imagined.

When/Where has Obama created a brand new government bureaucracy geared ONLY to whites?

It's just another way to divide the country. Also, how does a president create something without congressional approval?

We should be emailing our Congress people!

The boy is just doing what he thinks is right...create some government jobs and bring all of the black voters back under his wing. He alienated many black voters with his embracing of gay marriage. He wants those votes back so he has to do something aimed at giving blacks something that others don't get.

Before you know it he'll create another Czar position...to rule over NASA and make the Muslims feel good about their contribution to science and technology. He wants their vote too.

It's not going to help him with votes. Even black folks can see through this charade, and it doesn't take away the fact that Obama supports gay marriage.

What will the purpose of this special office be? It obviously isn't intended to address all Blacks because many Blacks (Obama included) are able to become well educated and to move ahead in society. So hopefully the special office will address the category of Blacks who regard school as an extension of the streets and a place to raise hell.

Back in the 70s, my daughter's friend was a substitute teacher in the New York City educational system who often was assigned to "PS 189," which is a high school operated in the juvenile confinement center on Rikers Island (prison). She told us a correction officer sits in the back of the classroom there, which effectively maintains order. If one of those inmate/students acts up the officers take him out in the hall for a "talking to."

Bottom line: that is the way to deal with the street-oriented, trouble-making punks. Rigidly enforced discipline. That is the only language they understand. Anything else is a waste of time and money.

Forum List

Back