Obama Creates an Education Office for Blacks...Discrimination Much???

It's not racism.

Jesus, you guys need to read up on words before you use them.

Racism to most people is treating people differently based on their race. That is exactly what this is. Please tell us why we should have a department of education exclusively for black children?

It's not racism.

a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

When a president creates a Department for the advancement of one race above another, it is racism. All races have ill prepared students who could use help to achieve future goals, but this president selects one race to create a departmet to help that particular race.

How would you feel if he created the Caucasian Department of Education?

Obama creating African-American education office

Why an African American Education Office? The Department of Education was just for whites? Were they ignoring the the black population? I don’t recall the Department of Education being called the White Department of Education. That would be discriminatory, just as the African American Education office certainly is!

This is supposed to be for ill prepared blacks to become better prepared for future education? Is the a dilemna only peculiar to blacks? There are disadvantaged whites and other minorities around as well! The Department of Education cannot meet their needs and should we have a White Education office, a Hispanic Education Office? An Asian Education Office?

The president's COLOR is really showing! Or is he shoring up a voting base?

News from The Associated Press
Let's look at the demographics of children in poverty, too

31% (12,069,017) of white children live in low-income families.

64% (6,504,913) of black children live in low-income families.

63% (10,657,692) of Hispanic children live in low-income families.

31% (1,019,351) of Asian children live in low-income families.

63% (350,427) of American Indian children live in low-income families.

NCCP | United States: Demographics of Low-Income Children

The number of Black children in poverty is almost half that of the white kids in poverty. And, let's not forget the hispanic kids.

Poor kids generally don't have access to decent education. Yet the Black kids in poverty get more government attention than the white and hispanic kids??????

Some are more equal under the law than others, in the Obama administration.

It's not racism.

What would you call it?

Honestly.

I would say chauvinism. Or just favouritism, or partisanism. This move is about favouring blacks not about "down with whitey".

Having said that, I don't think it's a good move for Obama. If it was a "minority" outreach sort of thing, that would be better. I don't think singling out one racial group is smart.

It's not racism.

What would you call it?

Honestly.

I would say chauvinism. Or just favouritism, or partisanism. This move is about favouring blacks not about "down with whitey".

Having said that, I don't think it's a good move for Obama. If it was a "minority" outreach sort of thing, that would be better. I don't think singling out one racial group is smart.

You should study up on the concept of equal protection in the USA.

You wouldn't look like such a damn fool in your posts.

Perhaps.

It's not racism.

What would you call it?

Honestly.

And if you reversed it. would it be "down with blacks"?

It's not racism.

What would you call it?

Honestly.

Since WHEN is everyone not equal under the law in this country?

It's not racism.

What would you call it?

Honestly.

Thanks for admitting it's a dumb idea.

But if I "preferred" hiring whites, I'd be charged with discrimination/racism.
This is the same thing

What would you call it?

Honestly.

This is the same thing

If you were accused of racism, that would be incorrect. Discrimination, sure. Chauvinism is the better word to use when preferring your group over others, because you're not saying they're bad, you're saying you simply prefer yours.

It seems like most of the white people in this thread want to make this about Obama being anti-white, and that's not what's happening.

It's not racism.

What would you call it?

Honestly.

"Minority" isn't better either. Disadvantaged youth come in all colors.

This is the same thing

If you were accused of racism, that would be incorrect. Discrimination, sure. Chauvinism is the better word to use when preferring your group over others, because you're not saying they're bad, you're saying you simply prefer yours.

It seems like most of the white people in this thread want to make this about Obama being anti-white, and that's not what's happening.

Your reply sounds like racism is a more severe violation than discrimination.

Discrimination, based on race, is against the law.
Racism is not

What would you call it?

Honestly.

"Minority" isn't better either. Disadvantaged youth come in all colors.

Good point. Disadvantaged would be the better approach.

Oh goodie another angry white guy circle jerk

Keep on topic. Do you think it's fair having a Black Depart of Education when their are other races suffering from the same ills that the black student suffers from? Why not include them? What have a Department of Education singling out ONE RACE?

This is just racism, plain and simple. We already have a Department of Education that is supposed to be directing the education of all students, races, colors and impediments they face.

Look angry white guy. Do I think it's fair? No but then again the history of Blacks in America isnt fair...So its a wash. Racism doesnt mean what you think it means crybaby. Take your white privilege and cry to someone else. It's obvious that any mention of race makes white guys go crazy with fear and rage. You dont even know why you think this is "racist". You just say it then claim that it's the left who screams racism.

You have a nice circulatory reasons for anger which is fueled by yourself.

I know, I know...you only care about Obama's policies not his race. Which explains why before he made one policy the right claimed that he was a muslim, fake christian that hated whites and was sworn in on the koran. All important policy disagreements..

Wasnt there a huge civil rights movement to end Segregation and unfair treatment of minorities by the government?

There's no anger here. Just further realization of the fact that Obama is a goddamned racist Marxist.

Had he created a Department of Po Ass Lil' White Chilluns Education Department to help the white trailer trash kids get into Harvard, you would be pissing a blue streak.

You're a bit of a fuckin' racist yourself.

I know...EVERYONE is a racist right poor white guy...All of us are out to get cha! BOO!

What you didnt have enough privilege over the past 400 years? Goddam black people...How dare they have anything for themselves? They should assimilate or go back to Africa or STFU!

Wasnt there a huge civil rights movement to end Segregation and unfair treatment of minorities by the government?

...and wasn't a black guy elected president of the U.S.? With more than 50% of the popular vote going to him?

Keep on topic. Do you think it's fair having a Black Depart of Education when their are other races suffering from the same ills that the black student suffers from? Why not include them? What have a Department of Education singling out ONE RACE?

This is just racism, plain and simple. We already have a Department of Education that is supposed to be directing the education of all students, races, colors and impediments they face.

Look angry white guy. Do I think it's fair? No but then again the history of Blacks in America isnt fair...So its a wash. Racism doesnt mean what you think it means crybaby. Take your white privilege and cry to someone else. It's obvious that any mention of race makes white guys go crazy with fear and rage. You dont even know why you think this is "racist". You just say it then claim that it's the left who screams racism.

You have a nice circulatory reasons for anger which is fueled by yourself.

I know, I know...you only care about Obama's policies not his race. Which explains why before he made one policy the right claimed that he was a muslim, fake christian that hated whites and was sworn in on the koran. All important policy disagreements..

It is not a 'wash', moron.

It is discrimination and a violation of equal protection.

Forum List

Back