Obama: Country needs economic stimulus plan

That turned out so well though!

And, clearly, spending money on bridges instead of missles is more stimulative!

/sarcasm

How about reducing taxes and spending, for once?

I was saying, so far Obama just seems to be a hippy styled Bush. Same ideas just on another end of the spectrum.

Thing is ... as I have said 100 times and will say even more: Obama was still not a good choice for pres, but when the choice is between a turd sandwich and a giant douche no one wins.

Throwing money at the problem just from another angle, it didn't work the first time, why the hell would ANYONE expect it to work a second. I am betting Obama won't be any more intelligent than Bush Jr. was, and at this rate I may be proven right. Just because someone is more articulate does not mean they are more intelligent. I know people who can't speak properly that have more brains than that.

"Economists from across the political spectrum agree that if we don't act swiftly and boldly, we could see a much deeper economic downturn that could lead to double-digit unemployment and the American dream slipping further and further out of reach," Obama said.

gotta love our governance's carrot/stick economic approach, we pop bubble after bubble then apply bandaid after bandaid , but never really investigate the nature of our system's inherent flaws long enough to stop the rollercoaster....

"Economists from across the political spectrum agree that if we don't act swiftly and boldly, we could see a much deeper economic downturn that could lead to double-digit unemployment and the American dream slipping further and further out of reach," Obama said.
Leave it to Barackwheat to say nothing more than "(unnamed) experts say X", as a pretext for him to do something in an area where he knows little to nothing about.

Leave it to Barackwheat to say nothing more than "(unnamed) experts say X", as a pretext for him to do something in an area where he knows little to nothing about.

Bah ... every president says that, Bush used the same tactic to get support for Iraqi Destruction.

gotta love our governance's carrot/stick economic approach, we pop bubble after bubble then apply bandaid after bandaid , but never really investigate the nature of our system's inherent flaws long enough to stop the rollercoaster....

Obama is apparently ignoring the Austrian economists, to his great detriment.

This stimulus plan is only going to make things worse.

every reputable economist in the country disagrees with you....what does that say to you? that you're an idiot or they are?

During the depression they invested in infrastruture spending to get people back to work. They invested in the future strength of this country and it paid off.

A bridge is much more useful than a missle that's for sure.

every reputable economist in the country disagrees with you....
Name them....And what makes them "reputable"?

During the depression they invested in infrastruture spending to get people back to work. They invested in the future strength of this country and it paid off.
Total bunk.

FDR's make-work programs not only didn't get America out of the Depression, they actually created a depression within the Depression.

To get your facts (both economic and historical) straight, let me recomend that you Google "great myths of the great depression".

(Can't post linky yet)

every reputable economist in the country disagrees with you....what does that say to you? that you're an idiot or they are?

I don't think it makes either of us an idiot. I think it makes one of us wrong, and in my opinion, and the opinion of the Austrian economists, it is them.

"They" also prolonged the Great Depression with FDR's New Deal, which is what Obama's New New Deal is going to do as well.

You might want to follow Dude's advice. I thought it was common knowledge that the depression was worsened by FDR's idiotic actions.

Forum List

Back