Obama Could Confiscate Gold

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
Speaking at the FT Silver conference in London yesterday, lead-off speaker John Levin, HSBC Bank's Managing Director, Global Metals and Trading (HSBC is one of the world's top precious metals traders and its vaults in the U.S. and Europe hold huge holdings of gold and silver bullion) recounted conversations with some of the U.S.'s top asset managers controlling massive amounts of capital asking if HSBC had the capacity in its vaults to store major gold purchases. On being told that the bank's U.S. vaults had sufficient space available he was told that they did not want their gold stored in the U.S.A. but preferably in Europe because they feared that at some stage the U.S. Administration might follow the path set by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933 and confiscate all U.S. gold holdings as part of the country's strategy in dealing with the nation's economic problems.
Mineweb.com - The world's premier mining and mining investment website Weekend Top Story: U.S. asset managers worried Obama could confiscate gold - POLITICAL ECONOMY | Mineweb

When the USA forced the US people to sell their gold (at a loss) to the government it did NOT confiscate the gold owned by other nations which was stored in US bank vaults.

That WAS a black day, in my opinion, for America, BTW.

One of the uglier aspects of FDR's administration.

I think Obama is going to confiscate everyones guns first.

Gold is further down the list

Ummm, so?

VaYank is trying to get Rahm Emanuels attention by be the Broad's biggest fucking retard

Hey....Obama COULD launch a nuclear attack against Alaska, too. Why not start a dumbass thread about that?

I think that fact that leaders in an industry make these public statements is very telling and somewhat worrisome. They had two concerns within that statement. The safety of their asset being held in the US and OUR ECONOMY. Frankly the last one is more of a problem for us.

Forum List

Back