Obama continues $177,000 salary of Lois Lerner. Hush Money?

Then she is guilty of gross incompetence for not knowing what her underlings were doing. Either way she should be fired.

The IRS has about 100,000 employees. You realize expect the top of the org chart to know what's happening in every office and at every level?

Yes. When they are targeting people or organizations for political reasons the person in charge should know about it. And she did, why else would she take the 5th?

Why did she take the fifth? Because she is under investigation by the DOJ. Why would ANYONE under investigation NOT plead the fifth in a Congressional Hearing? That would be like being under investigation for a murder and going to a crowded bar and admitting to it.

Like it or not, everyone has the right NOT to give away free damaging evidence....that's what the fifth is about. She's all but shitcanned....she might even face criminal charges..
But she's not going to just give the DOJ their case giftwrapped.

More proof this is the most lawless president in history. He's counting on his pals in the media to cover for him like always.

While You Labor . . . | National Review Online

Lerner will keep receiving her annual salary of $177,000. As Fox News Channel documented, this sum — which is $3,000 higher than the $174,000 paid to U.S. senators —

So, why is Lerner still getting paid, even though she is a ringleader of the biggest scandal to rock the IRS since Watergate?

One could argue that Lerner is innocent until proven guilty. However, that might merit her being separated from her duties without pay while all of this shakes out. If she truly did nothing wrong, all of her wages can be restored. If she violated IRS procedures or regulations, however, all of her undeserved gains will remain in the Treasury.

There is another explanation for why Lerner is getting paid to slumber and watch game shows. Her paychecks are hush money. Lerner’s uninterrupted compensation conveniently reminds her that she can keep paying her bills as long as she is a good soldier and keeps her mouth shut.

So, you're not keen for this "Innocent until proven guilty" thing.

When she's convicted will she have to pay it all back, retroactive??

I guess that depends if they are charging her leave time while she's off. If they are charging her leave time that she's already accumulated? No. If they aren't? Probably....I don't know Federal policy....I know you would in PA

More proof this is the most lawless president in history. He's counting on his pals in the media to cover for him like always.

While You Labor . . . | National Review Online

Lerner will keep receiving her annual salary of $177,000. As Fox News Channel documented, this sum — which is $3,000 higher than the $174,000 paid to U.S. senators —

So, why is Lerner still getting paid, even though she is a ringleader of the biggest scandal to rock the IRS since Watergate?

One could argue that Lerner is innocent until proven guilty. However, that might merit her being separated from her duties without pay while all of this shakes out. If she truly did nothing wrong, all of her wages can be restored. If she violated IRS procedures or regulations, however, all of her undeserved gains will remain in the Treasury.

There is another explanation for why Lerner is getting paid to slumber and watch game shows. Her paychecks are hush money. Lerner’s uninterrupted compensation conveniently reminds her that she can keep paying her bills as long as she is a good soldier and keeps her mouth shut.

So, you're not keen for this "Innocent until proven guilty" thing.

It's never really been their bag.

That, of course, assumes wrongdoing, of which there is no evidence at this point. So, as was said, your standard is guilty until proven innocent.

I agree with the sentiment that, though it appears she certainly has a hand in the events, she has not been found guilty of anything yet.

Then she is guilty of gross incompetence for not knowing what her underlings were doing. Either way she should be fired.

You're not fond of "Innocent until proven guilty" either.

I'm not fond of paying disgraced workers. This is the people's government; not Obama's den of thieves.

And here you are saying someone is "disgraced" before they are disgraced. As I said...you are not fond of "innocent until proven guilty".

And she probably will be.

She'll be fired, but it won't be for a criminal act or gross incompetence. It'll be because the political system needs a blood offering.

Of course we expected this from you, and other libs. If she's found guilty, you still won't believe it....those damn righty's railroaded her and got her fired! NOTHING a liberal does is wrong....OMG....

Do any of you have any evidence that she should not be on paid administrative leave.

Do any of you know admin law.

Not one of you, or you would be posting the evidence.

Her management had the option of putting her on leave with or without pay. They obviously chose with pay so that she will stay on the plantation and sacrifice herself for the great maobama.

They need to keep the lady happy happy!! She already knows she's going to lose her job, she's just counting on Obama saving her from prison. She'll get thrown under the bus like everyone else that he's done it to. But in this case, she is guilty.....but I think Obama is just as guilty.

I agree with the sentiment that, though it appears she certainly has a hand in the events, she has not been found guilty of anything yet.

Then again, why would she plead the 5th if she didn't know anything, or wasn't covering for someone? She's guilty of something......

Forum List

Back