Obama content with Nuclear Iran

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
How's all that dialogue going with Iran, Mr. President?

Iran is about to flip the switch on to their first nuclear reactor and the Hussein hasn't lifted a finger to stop it. Congratulations Mr. President, your spinelessness is netting some real results you can be proud of.

BUSHEHR, Iran – Iranian and Russian nuclear technicians made final preparations to start up Iran's first reactor on Saturday after years of delays, an operation that will mark a milestone in what Tehran considers its right to produce nuclear energy.

Nationwide celebrations are planned for the fuel loading at the Bushehr facility in southern Iran, while Russia pledges to safeguard the plant and prevent spent nuclear fuel from being shifted to a possible weapons program.

"The startup operations will be a big success for Iran," conservative lawmaker Javad Karimi said in Tehran. "It also shows Iran's resolve and capability in pursuing its nuclear activities."

The West has not sought to block the reactor startup as part of its confrontations over Iran's nuclear agenda, a clash that has resulted in repeated rounds of U.N. sanctions against Tehran. Washington and other nations do not specifically object to Tehran's ability to build peaceful reactors that are under international scrutiny.

However, it is seen by hard-liners as defiance of U.N. Security Council sanctions that seek to slow Iran's nuclear advances — which Tehran's foes worry could eventually push toward atomic weapons.

Iran prepares to start up first nuclear reactor - Yahoo! News

Should we just thank Obama now for the first Iranian nuclear bomb that goes off?

Iranian nuclear weapons development is based on hear-and-say rumours.
Nothing more. Same old shit with Iraq. Iran is acquiring the capability to produce them, if it builds it is another question.

Independent from that I agree with editec, that further countries will gain that capability and actually produce them. And there is nothing to do about that.

Nothing more. Same old shit with Iraq. Iran is acquiring the capability to produce them, if it builds it is another question.

Independent from that I agree with editec, that further countries will gain that capability and actually produce them. And there is nothing to do about that.

Iraq had its nuclear facility bombed by Israel before they could do anything with it, thank God.

Iraq had its nuclear facility bombed by Israel before they could do anything with it, thank God.

The pilots should have bombed their own plant at back-flight.
In this way, we could've established Middle East as non-nuclear zone -- with moral authority.

Technology advances, with hi-tech of former decades becoming now reachable by mid-technology countries of today at cheaper production costs.
You can not compare Iraq bombing with anything of today. Saddam probably only had missiles with shitty CEP (radius in which detonation will happen, where mid-point of circle is target at launch) to be launched as retaliation.

Thanks to oil-price hikes after Iraq-War by Bush, Iran had enough years of significant income increases. It's policy is regime survival, and for that it has to prepare and arm as deterence. Iran did this by completely neglecting Airforce and Navy.

It's whole offensive capabilities have been invested on missiles and on equipping militias to fight guerilla style once attacked/invaded.
Once Iran is attacked, there will be flying missiles all around.

Still, a classical Airforce is better instrument in delivering bombs.
Iranian missiles can deliver maximum 2.5 tonnes of explosives while a F-16 can carry 14 tonnes. The carrier of bombs in this case is missile and aircraft. The aircraft flys back to base and re-arms. Metal, electronics of missile are "lost" forever after launch.

But it is anyway no good strategy to invest in airforce for Iran, as those planes would be shot down by USA without major problems. Intecepting missiles is a complete different story. It is also cost-intensive, just look at missile-cost of Patriot system.

Unlike the belligerant DPRK, Iran has no weapons program, yet I don't see any posts advocating bombing the DPRK. Apparently, they're even allowed to sink ships but nary a wimper from the arm chair generals about destroying North Korea.

What right do we have dictating Irans nuclear ambitions? Have they threatened the USA?

I couldn't care less if they threaten Israel. The jews have had plenty of time to get right with the Arabs. What have they done?...nothing but steal from them and oppress them. Looks to me like it is Israels problem not ours. If Iran threatens the USA I think we can take em.

Hearsay and rumors? :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

If you call repeated declarations from Iran on the intent to build a nuclear weapon hearsay and rumor than you are even dumber that most terrorist apologists.

'Only rumours' that Iran making nuclear weapons: Turkish PM
France24 - 'Only rumours' that Iran making nuclear weapons: Turkish PM

So, whom shall I believe? The guys who came up with "INTELLIGENCE" proving mobile WMD laboratories and WMD missiles launchable within 45 minutes, equipped with Nuclear material bought from Nigeria?
That's you who was saying such things and started a war because of it.
Same old story, no, thank you.

Why don't you Abu Ghraib yourself, if you can't live without Abu Ghraib'ing someone?
:eusa_think:

Unlike the belligerant DPRK, Iran has no weapons program, yet I don't see any posts advocating bombing the DPRK. Apparently, they're even allowed to sink ships but nary a wimper from the arm chair generals about destroying North Korea.

They're allowed to sink ships for the same reason Iran is allowed to build nukes, we have a radical liberal for a President and the dictators all know they can get away with whatever they want. :cool:

I would fully support bombing the DPRK. :clap2:

'Only rumours' that Iran making nuclear weapons: Turkish PM
France24 - 'Only rumours' that Iran making nuclear weapons: Turkish PM

So, whom shall I believe? The guys who came up with "INTELLIGENCE" proving mobile WMD laboratories and WMD missiles launchable within 45 minutes, equipped with Nuclear material bought from Nigeria?
That's you who was saying such things and started a war because of it.
Same old story, no, thank you.

What are you? The Turkish Propaganda Minister? :cuckoo:

Sorry, if I do not play with you your "let's invade the next Muslim country"-game.
That game is called in different languages also "I'll hang you in the name of US democracy spreading."

I'll democratizice you!

They're allowed to sink ships for the same reason Iran is allowed to build nukes, we have a radical liberal for a President and the dictators all know they can get away with whatever they want. :cool:

I'm sorry to be blunt but that is stupid. This isn't 1955. The Soviet Onion has been layered out. The Chineez don't give a rats ass about North Korea. They are an albatross for anyone that supports them. Do you really think the chinks are going to just write off all the money they lent us? Do you really think they want to lose importing their goods to the USA? Get real!!! We don't have to protect S. Korea any more. Let em put their big boy pants on and deal with N. Korea on their own. I am so fuckin tired of you idiot war mongers so willing to sacrifice American lives for foreign countries. What the hell is wrong with you? We have the nukes fuckwits..lets start acting like we know it. Our enemies sure do.

Sorry, if I do not play with you your "let's invade the next Muslim country"-game.
That game is called in different languages also "I'll hang you in the name of US democracy spreading."

I'll democratizice you!

I don't play that game. I don't believe Muslim nations can be "democratized". People who submit themselves to a pedophile prophet's false god cannot ever be free.

I'm sorry to be blunt but that is stupid. This isn't 1955. The Soviet Onion has been layered out. The Chineez don't give a rats ass about North Korea. They are an albatross for anyone that supports them. Do you really think the chinks are going to just write off all the money they lent us? Do you really think they want to lose importing their goods to the USA? Get real!!! We don't have to protect S. Korea any more. Let em put their big boy pants on and deal with N. Korea on their own. I am so fuckin tired of you idiot war mongers so willing to sacrifice American lives for foreign countries. What the hell is wrong with you? We have the nukes fuckwits..lets start acting like we know it. Our enemies sure do.

Oh yea, go ahead and put all your trust in the tri-coms, I'm sure they'll do the right thing! :doubt:

I never said I was willing to sacrifice American lives for foreign countries. Thats why I said I advocate bombing the fuck out of them as opposed to invading them.

Some of you would like to bomb Iran, but you're what you're really advocating is an extremely dangerous military operation based soley on presumption. There is no smoking gun, but just a gun. What you/we stand to lose should be weighed carefully with what you "think" we might gain. Iran isn't Syria, or Iraq and he task at hand will not be the cakewalk you expect it to be.

Oh yea, go ahead and put all your trust in the tri-coms, I'm sure they'll do the right thing! :doubt:

I never said I was willing to sacrifice American lives for foreign countries. Thats why I said I advocate bombing the fuck out of them as opposed to invading them.

OK... But why pre-emt the bombing? N. Korea is a very sad little country. They are far more of a threat in the proliferation of small arms and other modest military hardware than any threat to the USA directly. They are a joke to the world community. It is unfortunate that the people living there don't have the wherewithall to overthrow the Ils but that isn't enough reason to blow em off the map.

OK... But why pre-emt the bombing? N. Korea is a very sad little country. They are far more of a threat in the proliferation of small arms and other modest military hardware than any threat to the USA directly. They are a joke to the world community. It is unfortunate that the people living there don't have the wherewithall to overthrow the Ils but that isn't enough reason to blow em off the map.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Some people are content with tyrants oppressing millions of people to the point of slavery. Some others would be willing to do something about it.
I believe that someday the North Korean people can be saved and freed from their oppression. Namely because they aren't muslims, so they'll be able to embrace freedom. The Koreans in the south live free(thanks to us) and difference between the two countries is night and day and is a testament to why sometimes its worth it to free people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back