Obama Considers Third Homebuyer Hat Trick

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
After two expensive, and unsuccessful homebuyer tax credits, the Obama administration is mulling over yet another attempt

The Obama White House apparently believes a third time may be the charm regarding government incentives to jump-start the still ailing U.S. housing market. HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan recently stated in a CNN interview that the Obama administration is open to supporting yet another round of homebuyer tax credits, despite the fact that the first two are now widely regarded as having been expensive failures that left even greater debt upon the American taxpayers, and having done little to nothing in actually stabilizing the housing market.
____

FULL ARTICLE HERE:

Obama Considers Third Homebuyer Hat Trick | Newsflavor

The home buyer's tax credit hasn't "worked" any more than the clunker program did. All it has done is front-load a bunch of purchases that were probably going to be made anyways.

In most places, shorts and foreclosures are still driving the prices.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
The home buyer's tax credit hasn't "worked" any more than the clunker program did. All it has done is front-load a bunch of purchases that were probably going to be made anyways.

True, I should have stated; had the ILLUSION of working.

True, I should have stated; had the ILLUSION of working.

And therein we find the corner the Democrats have placed themselves in.

They offer up versions of tax cuts and credits as proof that they are helping the economy, yet resist permanent and generalized tax cuts.

They are attempting to have the cake and eat it too - but voters are getting wise to the deception...

Tax cuts and credits seem to be about the only thing that has worked.

At least you admitted they are credits. I love how liberals try and pretend when you give someone who only paid 3k in Federal Taxes an 8000 dollar tax break for buying a house that that is not a tax break it is Giving MONEY away.

Forum List

Back