Obama Considering Presidential Run In 2008

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Perfect, a candidate with no record. :rolleyes: He'll probably win, a great situation for time of war:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061022/ap_on_el_pr/obama2008

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    i dont really care. Im not going to vote for him regardless. He is just about the same as any other liberal Democrats Ive seen. he just has more charisma than most. but the policies are still the same.

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I actually found his speech at the DNC wonderful. But I don't vote for people because they are able to deliver an address well...if that is all we are looking for we might as well stop the pretense and elect Morgan Freeman president.

I get very nervous anytime someone is so eager to become a senator, but is thinking about jumping ship with less than one term under their belt. It's one reason I really didn't trust John Edwards. He had spent more time campaigning for things than actually being a senator.

Right now, I think that Americans in general are just looking for someone to inspire them. John F. Kerry was not inspiring. He was simply not Bush. That didn't work for Democrats, so now they are searching for someone who can inspire. On the Republican side, Bush did inspire people - but many Republicans feel that Bush's second term was full of disappointments on numerous levels. Now they are looking for someone who will truly be a Republican.

Obama looks great so far...but no one really knows anything about him except that he is young, attractive enough, and well-spoken. Unfortunately, in many cases that is enough to get yourself elected in this country.

4. Kagom

Kagom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I might vote for Obama, but I'm not sure. Republicans and Democrats really disgust me either way.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Someone tell me what Obama has done, without a senior democrat in tow, to merit being Senator, much less president? Even the Chicago papers had a problem with that, two short years ago. What do you know of him, other than young, handsome, black, and well educated?

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Help me. Bonnie, Kathianne. I'm experiencing de ja vu.....sort of. The same thing happened when I watched Oprah on Thursday too. Spooky.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think there is any help to be had. Seriously. It's like Illinois writ large. Dan Walker came out of nowhere back in the 70's, made a big deal of 'walker, walking the state.' He won, was indicted, went to jail. :coffee3:

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I said help me. Don't you remember that discussion last year or what it the year before?

9. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    He won an election. Last time I checked that was the only prereq for being a Senator or President, besides the age requirements. I think this man is just short of being the anti-Christ, but he is electable.

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,220
    ....because....?