Obama considering John Kerry for job of defense secretary

Dreamy

Silver Member
Aug 2, 2009
Obama considering John Kerry for job of defense secretary

By Karen DeYoung and Greg Miller, Published: November 12

President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus.

Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

More at Link
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0e973a-2d02-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html

Of course this isn't unexpected speculation but it interests me because it would actually create another open Senate seat in Mass. Sen-elect Warren would also become the senior Senator from Mass.

Interesting dynamics for my state and being a Scott Brown supporter I wonder if he might consider going for it. I think not but who can know for certain. His name has also been talked about for Governor of Ma. if Patrick was called to serve in the Obama admin.

I like Scott Brown, not sure if trying again for a seat so close to losing to warren is a good bet for him though....

Yeah I am thinking he won't go for it but the Senate opening so soon makes for interesting politics especially on a local level.

Remember Kerry and Kennedy had and have had their asses glued to those seats for many many years so to have potentially another potential opening of one yet again is hard to believe.

Please call up Sen. Kerry Mr. President!

What next, Bernie Madoff for SecTres?

Bernie Madoff was too successful to be part of obama's cabinet. And, he ultimately plead out and told the truth. The best person for Defense Secretary is the person who believes America shouldn't have a defense. That's John Kerry. He's been trying to destroy the military since his senate testimony in 1971.

he is a war hero and you lies about him dont change that

He was a traitor who deserved to be tried and shot and your lies about him dont change that. He would be the very best choice-if Obama intends to start a bloody civil war.

He was a traitor who deserved to be tried and shot and your lies about him dont change that. He would be the very best choice-if Obama intends to start a bloody civil war.

If Kerry was a traitor, he was a traitor to the United States as it once existed but doesn't anymore. Kerry's goals are the same as obama's goals which doesn't make him a traitor, but a loyalist.

If Kerry was a traitor, he was a traitor to the United States as it once existed but doesn't anymore. Kerry's goals are the same as obama's goals which doesn't make him a traitor, but a loyalist.

Yet another reason it's a shame he wasn't tried and executed.

Forum List

Back