Obama Considering Immigration Moves to Bypass Congress?

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
The U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services is considering ways to achieve aspects of the White House plan for immigration reform -- including giving some illegals permanent-resident status -- without the approval of Congress, ProPublica reports. Congress appears unlikely to act on the politically sensitive issue this year, meaning the unresolved issue could spill into fall midterm election campaigns.

USCIS, a part of the Obama administration, outlines the ideas in a draft memo that includes the possibility of issuing green cards to tens of thousands who entered the country illegally. "In the absence of Comprehensive Immigration Reform, CIS can extend benefits and/or protections to many individuals and groups by issuing new guidance and regulations," the memo advises.

It was prepared by senior aides for CIS Director Alejandro N. Mayorkas and made public by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), who last month asked President Obama for assurances that rumors of a reprieve for illegal immigrants were unfounded. "This memo gives credence to our concerns that the administration will go to great lengths to circumvent Congress and unilaterally execute a back-door amnesty plan," Grassley told ProPublica, a non-profit investigative team.

Word of the draft memo comes as debate rages over a new Arizona law cracking down in illegal immigration, which took effect Thursday -- albeit stripped of its most controversial elements by a federal court ruling.

USCIS spokesman Christopher Bentley said the agency would not comment on what he described as an internal memo that "should not equated with official action or policy" or mistaken "for final decisions." To be clear, he said Thursday night in an e-mail to ProPublica, the Obama administration "will not grant deferred action (delayed deportation) or humanitarian parole to the nation's entire illegal immigrant population." Bentley said the agency still thinks that "comprehensive bipartisan legislation, coupled with smart, effective enforcement, is the only solution to our nation's immigration challenges."

Obama Considering Immigration Moves to Bypass Congress?

Our politicians (and the media) should expose this fraud for a person that does not believe in Americans! He should be impeached or forced to resign as a person that breaks the laws, or unethically goes around them, abusing his office and his authority, at huge costs to American citizens.

Just MORE proof that this regime cares nothing about The Constitution.

He should be impeached just for that.

He wants to be a dictator sooooooo bad!

illegal_alien_democrat.jpg

The latino vote is the "new black vote". Thats all this is about. The truth is the democratic leaderhsip could CARE LESS about latinos although I'm sure the same can't be said for most of the democratic constituency. Security and law are tertiary at best to the progressive agenda. Imagine for a second how congressional districts will be redrawn with the massive influx of new latino democratic voters with a path to citizenship or future generations for massively overreproduced anchor babies.

Last edited:
Mark my words. He does this, and those illegals are voting with in the next 2 years, and there will be a violent bloody revolution in this country.

How do I know, I will be there.

That would be a direct assualt the integrity of our Republican and an attempt of Gain a hold on power that will not be broken for years to come.

I am not afraid to say I would stop at NOTHING in my opposition to this Administration if they did that. I do mean NOTHING!

Forum List

Back