Obama: Con man or naive idealogue?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I know it's only been about a year so far, but...

For better or worse, Obama has failed to deliver virtually everything he promised during his campaign.

What I'm left wondering is whether he's just a fast talking con man who never intended to make good on his promises, or if he really believed he could do what he promised and is now learning the hard way how shit really works.

:eusa_think:

I do not doubt he is a smart man.... no genius like many of his worshipers proclaim him to be, but a smart man... I think he knows exactly what he is doing, and it is entirely wrong... he may be oblivious to situations, he may be overwhelmed with this job... but when it comes to trying to bring about political payback, drawing in a voter base with government payout, etc, he is indeed well aware of what he is doing and has conned a lot of people to vote for him along the way

For better or worse, Obama has failed to deliver virtually everything he promised during his campaign.

No, he delievered on his promise to expand the war in Afghanistan.

He promised us change, and it looks like things are changing (not necessarily for the better, of course) re health care.

Hopefully, they'll be making changes to the banking and finace industry that will prevent the kind of meltdown we just eperienced.

ASide from those it looks like business as usuual to me.

What I'm left wondering is whether he's just a fast talking con man who never intended to make good on his promises, or if he really believed he could do what he promised and is now learning the hard way how shit really works.

A little of both, I expect.

I think becoming POTUS is like trying to drain a swamp.

You start out with grand plans then the alligators show up.

On the one hand he's an abject failure at everything he does. On the other, he is wildly successful in his mission to turn the country Communist/Fascist.

At least that's what I get from the posts I read here.

He is a politician so I figure a mix of both.

Name me one politician that fulfilled ALL of his/her campaign promises.

I don't think he's a Con Man but he is certainly a naive ideologue. I would also add that he's an inexperienced,unqualified,and failed "Community Organizer." The man never was qualified to be President. End of story.

Forum List

Back