Obama compares Gulf spill to September 11

Sorry, but it's a cheap attempt to try to garner public support by using ANY comparison to September 11.

Rick D.

Did he ask for "public support?" Where?

The quote simply, and quite accurately states the facts:

A. 9/11 changed the attitude of the US toward Terrorism

B. Deepwater Horizon changed the attitude of the US toward Off-Shore Drilling

C. Both 9/11 and Deepwater Horizon profoundly effected US attitudes.

The major spill is also something that will have far-reaching effects for a long time, just as the attacks of 911 have. Katrina came thundering through and left untold devastation, but at least we knew how to clean it all up and then rebuild.

I see this latest criticism as just more illiterate nonsense that the far-right can't resist piling on.

So you think the oil leak and 911 is a fair comparison?

The major spill is also something that will have far-reaching effects for a long time, just as the attacks of 911 have. Katrina came thundering through and left untold devastation, but at least we knew how to clean it all up and then rebuild.

I see this latest criticism as just more illiterate nonsense that the far-right can't resist piling on.

No one is COMPARING the two events.

They are simply BOTH examples of EVENTS that have profoundly effected US attitudes.

Lemme see if'n ah kin put this here in lingo you maht comprende:

1. An Armadillo is an animal

2. A Longhorn is an animal

3. Armadillos and Longhorns are both animals

Did I say they were the SAME animal??? Same SIZE? Same Color?

No, I did not COMPARE them.

I think what OBama actually SAID (making the comparison) and what I SAID are true. They both have long-range effects, period. I don't think he meant anything else. (But of course he can't say Good Morning without that being taken to the level of WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT by his enemies, so carry on.)

Yep, I can see how it would work for an idiot.

One was intentional, the other was an accident.

Rick
Asshole, two man made catastrophes ... the oil spill has the potential to do much more damage in the long run.

Thank God Bush is no longer president, his answer would have been to invade Ireland.

The oil leak has the potential of killing 3000 Americans?

Why must you insert Bush into every posts?

Just let him know that Obama's reaction to 9/11 would have been to apologize to Al Quada for angering them enough to cause that, and then a round of golf, followed by Sir Paul serenading his ugly ass wife.

Sorry, but it's a cheap attempt to try to garner public support by using ANY comparison to September 11.

Rick D.

Total, utter BS. Just another partisan hack thread, taking something completely out of context to score a cheap point...well done, you have succeeded....beyond your wildest dreams..:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

An environmental 9/11, not on the American people, but by the environment it its area. I find this quote to be most appropriate:

the article said:
"In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11 . . . I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come," Mr. Obama said in an Oval Office interview Friday.

There's no doubt the spill and leak is going to drastically affect the ecology and environment and how we look at it. That's why he compared it to 9/11, its a big disaster shake-up.

:clap2:

An environmental 9/11, not on the American people, but by the environment it its area. I find this quote to be most appropriate:

There's no doubt the spill and leak is going to drastically affect the ecology and environment and how we look at it. That's why he compared it to 9/11, its a big disaster shake-up.

Rick D.

qft

the article said:
"In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11 . . . I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come," Mr. Obama said in an Oval Office interview Friday.

I'd like to know who the "we" are he's referring to. I don't know of anyone besides a few leftwing loons that share those sentiments.

yea b/c this spill isn't the biggest environmental disaster or anything :cuckoo:

Yep, I can see how it would work for an idiot.

One was intentional, the other was an accident.

Rick
Asshole, two man made catastrophes ... the oil spill has the potential to do much more damage in the long run.

Thank God Bush is no longer president, his answer would have been to invade Ireland.

The oil leak has the potential of killing 3000 Americans?

Why must you insert Bush into every posts?

its already killed 11, numerous people working the cleanup have already made health complaints, and you have no idea what that much toxic in the area will do to humans

the article said:

is that his way of saying, So let's take more American rights away.?

yep, except the energy patriot act soon

worst terrorist act vs worst environmental disaster

No one is COMPARING the two events.

They are simply BOTH examples of EVENTS that have profoundly effected US attitudes.

Lemme see if'n ah kin put this here in lingo you maht comprende:

1. An Armadillo is an animal

2. A Longhorn is an animal

3. Armadillos and Longhorns are both animals

Did I say they were the SAME animal??? Same SIZE? Same Color?

No, I did not COMPARE them.

stupid people don't understand logic, don't waste your time

worst terrorist act vs worst environmental disaster

I think it's a fair comparison if we're talking about impact on a presidency.

Don't call this disaster Obama's Katrina. Obama says it's like 9/11.

Sorry Mr. President, but I don't think that a terrorist act that killed over 3,000 innocent people can be compared to an accidental oil spill.
He stated "In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11 . . . I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come". Do you find this comparison true or false?

Do you think he was saying planes crashed into the BP rig? Are you that stupid, really?

He's going to turn it into a bill that will kill the energy industry.
Really now? He's going to kill all energy for the entirety of the United State of America? You actually believe we will have no energy? What grade are you in?

As for the claim that he's only using the comparison for political support: YOU were the one who believes anything related to 9/11 automatically gets political support. I'll put that gem of an idea right next to killing energy.

Don't call this disaster Obama's Katrina. Obama says it's like 9/11.

Sorry Mr. President, but I don't think that a terrorist act that killed over 3,000 innocent people can be compared to an accidental oil spill.

But he's not going to miss the chance to make this political. He's going to turn it into a bill that will kill the energy industry.

Obama Compares Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill to 9/11 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Rick D.

Keep in mind this is the same POTUS that decided not to speak with Hayward, yet he would speak with Ahmadinejad with no preconditions.....

This is nothing more than a desperate act to shift the focus away from his response failure......

The deliberate murder of innocent human beings has no meaningful comparison to this oil spill, it would only qualify for the delusional radical element......

New Topics

Forum List

Back