Obama Clings, Bitterly, to the Bible in Immigration Debate...

How exactly are we loving illegal immigrants by allowing them to enter this country illegally and then forcing them into jobs that are abusive and underpaid?

Forcing them?
Apparently, Obama doesn't really care about loving them
Yes, he does. That's why wants to make them citizens so they don't get 'forced' into those jobs you won't do.

So can you clarify for me what the Progressive liberal stance on Illegal’s and jobs is because it seems like most things to change from week to week…

Do illegal’s do jobs that “Most Americans won’t do,” or is it now to “give illegal’s an opportunity to get better jobs?” Then can you answer who will fill these jobs that “Most Americans won’t do” or do we need more illegal’s after that?

It’s kind of like the whole “Stimulus is for getting us out of a recession” and now it was for “saving us from a Depression…”

And the righties have a problem with this speech because......oh yeah, it's Obama......nevermind.....

Where was the President when he gave this speech?

Most people in the country regardless of party are against illegal immigration. Bush took a huge beating from all sides. Please realize Big Government under Bush and now Obama have failed and you along with it.

WTF, how is it so many people on these boards are nothing but *stupid* partisan hacks? Do you really believe that you can come here, make up some bullshit about "where the right stood" under Bush when it was the complete opposite and anyone is going to buy it?

Don't you have some wars to be cheerleading for?

Bye.

Please show me where I mention President Bush at all, or where the right stood? President Obama was at a Faith Based Community development Organization. So it is no suprise he invoked a verse from the Bible.

But thank you for your display.

And the righties have a problem with this speech because......oh yeah, it's Obama......nevermind.....

I have a problem with his speech because the policy is poorly thought out and his argument for it is based on condescension rather than a sincere understanding of what the scripture is saying.

As long as he is continuing to encourage Illegal immigration, he will be supporting the abuses and corruption that occurs to those people.

I don't agree that the WH policy on Immigration is poorly thought out. I do agree with you in that he took the verse from the bible out of context and I wish he would refrain from using bible verse in the future. I don't believe the President is encouraging illegal immigration.

Most people in the country regardless of party are against illegal immigration. Bush took a huge beating from all sides. Please realize Big Government under Bush and now Obama have failed and you along with it.

WTF, how is it so many people on these boards are nothing but *stupid* partisan hacks? Do you really believe that you can come here, make up some bullshit about "where the right stood" under Bush when it was the complete opposite and anyone is going to buy it?

Bye.

Please show me where I mention President Bush at all, or where the right stood? President Obama was at a Faith Based Community development Organization. So it is no suprise he invoked a verse from the Bible.

You compare righties not having support for Obama because, it's Obama....... Implying if it were not Obama but some other democrat they would support it?

Next, where do you get the idea that "righties" would support someone other than Obama, who and when do you compare their support?

Or are you just attacking "righties" because you have nothing better to do... take your pick.....................................................~/.jaksbvabdsmb ,m n m~mj,n m~

Bye.

You compare righties not having support for Obama because, it's Obama....... Implying if it were not Obama but some other democrat they would support it?

Next, where do you get the idea that "righties" would support someone other than Obama, who and when do you compare their support?

Or are you just attacking "righties" because you have nothing better to do... take your pick.....................................................~/.jaksbvabdsmb ,m n m~mj,n m~

I accuse the righties of not supporting anything President Obama does or says. It does not matter what the speech was about or what function the President attends.

Like the OP of this thread said only"^What a Dishonest Asshole Barry is..."

Still I said nothing about President Bush or compare his immigration policies to President Obamas.

I accuse the righties of not supporting anything President Obama does or says. It does not matter what the speech was about or what function the President attends.

Like the OP of this thread said only"^What a Dishonest Asshole Barry is..."

Still I said nothing about President Bush or compare his immigration policies to President Obamas.

No, I brought up Bush because I know it was a zillion years ago that he was president and all the "righties" that lived during that time are long gone and dead by now....

The "righties" didn't support Bush on the illegal immigration issues and in fact it dropped him in the polls something like 5-10%, getting him near his low points of 28% approval ratting! So why would you even bother making a BS claim that it's because Obama is Obama that "righties" don't like his stance on the issue that only THREE years ago under a Republican President thee “righties” still (along with much of the left) didn’t support the President?

See, lucky for me I don’t have to make up a hypothetical position that of course defies reality to be right… How about just admitting Obama does not represent the majority of America on the issue of illegal immigration no matter what side of the political spectrum people are on? Why make it seem like if it was Republican “righties” would support the President when in fact they did not?

How exactly are we loving illegal immigrants by allowing them to enter this country illegally and then forcing them into jobs that are abusive and underpaid?

Apparently, Obama doesn't really care about loving them. If he would, he wouldnt be letting them be treated like crap but he'd fix the illegal problem. Make legal immigration easier. and enforce the border.

Illegal aliens are not underpaid. They call it cheap labor but it is not really cheap labor but just less than they would have to pay Americans. Domestic worker make $25 an hour as do healthcare workers.
Farmers perfer illegal worker over legal farm workers because they can pay them less.
Obama has not read the bible but I could tell him a thing of two about illegal aliens in the bible.

Aliens, Foreigners, Visitors, Settlers and Stranger
In the Bible “alien resident” refers to a settler in the land of Palestine who was content to live among the Israelites, obeying the laws of the land but not fully accepting the worship of Jehovah.
The Israelites experienced many outrages at the hands of foreigner.
Lam 2;5-12,19-22.
Jews were in constant conflict with the foreigner around them...these factors, couples with the fear of mongrelising their race through intermarriage with foreigners....
1 kings 8;41-43; 2 Chor. 6;32,33; Isa. 56;6,7.

The citizens of this country are subject to the law of this country. Aliens, foreigners and visitors are also subject to our laws and they do not have any right to change them or protest against them. They have no rights except those we give them.
Americans citizens do not break the laws just because they do not agree with them. We have a voting system that we use to change laws we do not agree with. If anyone breaks those laws they are criminals and subject to the consequence set forth in the laws.

COMPASSION....A sympathetic awareness of another suffering with a desire to alleviate itl.

WHEN NOT TO BE SHOWN.
There are times when compassion is out of place. In the case of persons who persist in sin and set themselves deliberately against GOD’s righteous ways, it would be wrong to shield them compassionately from the penalty that their course deserve. (Illegal aliens deliberately break the law)
Deut 13;6-11. Heb 10;28.
SIN....lawlessness.
Everyone who practice sin is also practicing lawlessness and so sin is lawlessness.
1 John 3;4,8,9.
Anything not in harmony with GOD’s personality, standards, ways and will. Words or deeds. Mind or in heart.
Job2;10. Psa 39;1. Lev 20;20. 2 Cor 12;21
or failing to do what should be done.
Num 9;13. James 4;12.
Illegal aliens are law breakers and not deserving of compassion or love.

HOSPITALITY.....generous reception and entertainment of guest or strangers. Meaning fondness for or kindness to strangers.

WHEN NOT TO BE EXTENDED.
The Bible tells Christians that there are some to whom they should not extend hospitality.
Everyone that does not remain in the teachings of the Christ does not have GOD...if anyone comes to you and does not bring these teaching, never receive them into your homes or say a greeting.
2 John 9-11.
LOVE....tender affection.
You must love you neighbor as your self.
Lev 19;18. Matt 22;39.
Both GOD and Jesus Christ love righteousness and hate lawlessness. Love is only held back from those whom GOD shows are unworthy of tit or from those set in a course of badness.
Psa 45;7. Heb 1;9.
Love of GOD means that we observe his commandments.
1 John 2;5. 5;3.
Thou shall not covet neighbor’s house.

NEIGHBOR....A person living near by, friend or enemy who demonstrate love and kindness.
Jer 49;18. Ruth 4;17. Psa 79;p4,12.

BAD NEIGHBORS....
Repay to our neighbors seven times into their bosom their reproach.
Psa 79;4,12. Jer12;14.

WHO IS MY NEIGHBOR?
The real neighbor is one who will exercise the love and kindness to another that the scripture command.
Luke 10;29-37.
Make you foot rare at the house of you fellow man, that he may not have his sufficiency of you and certainly hate you.
Pro 25;17.
It is evident from the Bible that illegal aliens who have broken the law, first by entering this country illegal and then continue to break the law by remaining here and is not deserving of love, compassion and hospitality. Alien residents, settlers, foreigners and strangers are olny accepted if they obey the laws of the land.

I did a lot of research and I believe the Bible teaches that we are to be hospitable, kind, compassionate, tolerant to show love to the alien resident, immigrant, foreigners, those who are of different ethnicity.Lev19;34.
I could not find that an alien, immigrant resident, foreigner who broke the laws were different than anyone else who was a law breaker. There is a difference between how a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant is treated. An illegal immigrant, a law breaker, is not a neighbor, a brother that is deserving of Christian brotherly love, compassion or hospitality.
God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.
Acts 10;34,35.
Illegal aliens are teaching their children that it is ok to break the law for material gains.
The difference is legal or illegal. The alien resident is different from the illegal aliens who is not a legal resident allowed to come into to this country and remain as long as they obey our laws and they are subject to be evicted if they do not obey the laws.

Do we have a Biblical mandate for Secure Borders?by Pastor Michael Jordan

DOC] Do we have a Biblical mandate for Secure BordersFile Format: Microsoft Word - Quick View
... and carries with it not only the idea of a people set apart by God, but also of a land set apart by God, with set borders and boundaries.а Ps 86:9 ...
www.ircot.com/.../a_biblical_mandate_for_secure_Borders_1__Pastor_Michael_Jordon.doc

Now having seen that God Himself created and separated the nations, let us look at the sanctity of those borders…
Deut 19:14 “You shall not move your neighbor's boundary mark, which the ancestors have set, in your inheritance which you shall inherit in the land that the LORD your God gives you to possess.
Deut 27:17 Cursed is he who moves his neighbor's boundary mark.' And all the people shall say,' Amen.' Nah 3:13-14 The gates of your land are opened wide to your enemies; Fire consumes your gate bars. Draw for yourself water for the siege! Strengthen your fortifications!

Rom 13:1-2 Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves

Deut 32:8 When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of the sons of Israel

Apparently, Obama doesn't really care about loving them. If he would, he wouldnt be letting them be treated like crap but he'd fix the illegal problem. Make legal immigration easier. and enforce the border.

Illegal aliens are not forced to take low wage jobs and put up with anthing, They can leave the same way the came. In spite of all the rhetoric, illegal aliens are not treated abusive and underpaid. He is trying to change their status by legalization so they can demand fair wages and demand respect.

500,000 are allowed to enter legally each year. How much easier do you want? At some point we will have to stop all immigration be cause of our natural resources. We are running out of water and in the central valley of Calif. farming has been limited because of water. We already import lots of food. McDonald get it's children in China. Summer vegetable come from Mexico. Much of the dollar store food items are imported.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back