Obama Claims unemployment Dropped To 7.8%

Democrats can't convince people that the 7.8 figure is real. Most people know when they are being flim flammed and tend to get mad when someone says something so outrageous that it can't possibly be true. Democrats should be worrying about the spill-over effect. If this isn't true, what else isn't true?

Romney got under obama's skin in the debate. To counter his poor performance, obama has gone totally on the attack. No wonder democrat voters eyes are glazing over and they are starting to tune obama out.

Romney is now clearly ahead in the swing states. In the settled states, not much polling is done at this late date, but obama might have already lost states once firmly thought to be in his camp.

7.8% is very real. It was issued by BLS

The burden of proof is on Republicans to show it is in error. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not true. You need your own numbers

Where are they?

The way they got this number is by counting part-time jobs as full time.

Then the next question should be did they do this this one time.Maybe it was done deliberately to help the President out.I have never seen a report where the drop in UE was this much based on the number of new jobs.

This is very questionable but not totally unexpected.I have had this feeling for a long time that something would be done to move that number below 8% right before the election.

Come on Republicans...why are you so lazy?

You have 30 days to shove this in the Presidents face. Demand an independent evaluation of the BLS numbers. Show where Obama fudged the employment numbers. If you do, it can win you the election.

Until then......STFU

Democrats can't convince people that the 7.8 figure is real. Most people know when they are being flim flammed and tend to get mad when someone says something so outrageous that it can't possibly be true. Democrats should be worrying about the spill-over effect. If this isn't true, what else isn't true?

Romney got under obama's skin in the debate. To counter his poor performance, obama has gone totally on the attack. No wonder democrat voters eyes are glazing over and they are starting to tune obama out.

Romney is now clearly ahead in the swing states. In the settled states, not much polling is done at this late date, but obama might have already lost states once firmly thought to be in his camp.

The burden of proof is on Republicans to show it is in error. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not true. You need your own numbers

Where are they?

What error. There is no mistake on how democrats lower unemployment...............

They decrease the participation rate.

Prove it hasnt gotten lower...Can you handle that on your own>????

Where are they?

114,000 jobs were created in the last month. The GDP has dropped to 1.3. Last month's jobs report was revised downward from 113,000 to 86,000.

A drop of three points cannot be true. In order for it to be true, over 800,000 jobs would have had to have been created. We know that didn't happen. What MIGHT be true is that when obama removed the work requirement from welfare, tens of thousands of people stopped registering for work and are no longer looking. That would make the 7.8 figure technically true. It's a subtrefuge.

ok I haven't posted here in a long time, hopefully a couple of my friends are still around. Hopefully most of the whack job libs I knew have put their head in an oven by now.

But someone please explain this:

Economists predicted a total of 113k jobs added (they nailed it 114k) and with that the unemployment growth would be at around 8.2% but it dipped to 7.8%? Does anyone know the math on how they got to that number because I dont get it. It was always said you need to have 150k jobs added for slight growth and with only 114k jobs we got the biggest unemployment rate drop in almost 30 years??? Someone please explain

Also, when you go beyond the math...how can the left be happy that the majority was part time work

sometimes I feel like the libs live on a different planet then the rest of us on Earth

edit: omg my avatar has the jets...thats how long its been since Ive been here...god my team sucks now

ok I haven't posted here in a long time, hopefully a couple of my friends are still around. Hopefully most of the whack job libs I knew have put their head in an oven by now.

Economists predicted a total of 113k jobs added (they nailed it 114k) and with that the unemployment growth would be at around 8.2% but it dipped to 7.8%? Does anyone know the math on how they got to that number because I dont get it. It was always said you need to have 150k jobs added for slight growth and with only 114k jobs we got the biggest unemployment rate drop in almost 30 years??? Someone please explain

Also, when you go beyond the math...how can the left be happy that the majority was part time work

sometimes I feel like the libs live on a different planet then the rest of us on Earth

edit: omg my avatar has the jets...thats how long its been since Ive been here...god my team sucks now

Of course that figure can't be true. Everyone knows it's not true, even if they don't know the exact fiddling that took place to come up with the figure.

How could you add only 114,000 jobs and have a drop like that? It's impossible.

Here is how:

7240401_f260.jpg

This is the kind of monumental lie that will cause the public to look closer at obama. His I got Bin Laden will be reexamined as will his claim that the attack on Benghazi was because of a video. Once it's determined that obama is capable of lying to such a degree, then everything he says will be questioned.

A don't taze me bro sock? Just when you think you've seen it all...

There are a lot of reasons. The 7.8% figure recently released is called the U3. It only counts people who are actively looking for work and can't find it. When people give up looking they are no longer counted in those figures. So that's one reason why it "dropped". When you have a flood of people that say "screw it, I give up. I won't even bother looking anymore." the numerator decreases and hence the unemployment rate drops. However, it's an artificial drop. It doesn't mean that more people have found work, it means that fewer people meet the definition of U3 unemployed.

Also the unemployment rates are seasonally adjusted. What that means is that the rates are weighted according to historical trends in an effort to weed out rises and drops that are more a result of the time of year than the status of the economy. Hiring temporary workers for the holiday season for example. They expect a rise in employment so they factor that rise into the final numbers. In September they expect a decrease primarily because young workers are going back to school and quitting their jobs. So to keep everyone from going into a frenzy with a massive U3 drop they adjust the numbers to account for student workers quitting their summer jobs. Only this year...they didn't. Younger workers kept their jobs but the seasonal adjustment which was anticipating them all quitting was kept in the equation. The result is the appearance of an unemployment drop due to a trend that was expected and didn't happen.

Also the U3 is based in large part on polling done of households. This seems to be a shock to everyone in the media but I have been making this point for years. They essentially blind call phone numbers and ask a series of questions that determine the employment status of the household. Like any poll it's subject to the freak occasion where they just happen to reach a sample that does not accurately reflect the status of the public at large. Those are called outliers. The unemployment rate is subject to the occasional outlier just like any other poll.

So my guess is that what happened was a combination of the three above effects with the main emphasis being on points one and especially point two.

In order to maintain population growth roughly 120,000 - 140,000 (depending on who you ask) people must find work in any given month just for the unemployment rate to remain even. Anything less than that and it's going backwards. So 114,000 new jobs according to payroll information means that last month we went backwards. The argument that in order for the U3 to drop 0.3% it would require over 800,000 new jobs is absolutely correct. No one with two brain cells is going to make the argument that last month, after years of monthly job creation right around 115,000, that suddenly 800,000 people found new jobs. Bullshit. That's right up there with "the attack on our embassy was a spontaneous event". What it really means is that 800,000 student workers who they thought were going to quit their jobs didn't, and they are being counted as "new workers" even though they are not.

A more accurate way to look at unemployment is the U6 (which takes disgruntled workers and part-time workers into account) and the Labor Force Participation Rate, neither of which have budged.

Last edited:
To provide cover for his poor performance in the debates Obama released a jobs rate that even CNN was questioning this morning.

Just 15 mins ago it was projected to go up because of the increase of new unemployment applications. But the rate somehow dropped below the target 8%

We knew this would happen.
False. The BLS claims unemployment dropped to 7.8% - why should anyone pay attention to your drool-infused posts when you can't even read?

When the numbers were bad, the ODSers here believed every word as gospel truth.

The instant the numbers got good, the ODSers instantly flipflopped and declare they must be fraud.

Given the staggering hypocrisy of their behavior, why would anyone take these ODS-afflicted conspiracy nuts seriously? They're lying, everyone knows they're lying, but their little hatecult orders them to lie about Obama, and the good little cultists all obey. None of them is going to risk being purged from the cult for disobeying an order, which would be like a death sentence to an ODS herdbeast.

Last edited:
Obama Claims unemployment Dropped To 7.8%
He claims he was born in Hawaii too, and that's nothing but a lie...

proof-obama-was-born-in-kenya-raised-muslim-not-in-hawaii.jpg

Capture--2.jpg

Just about everything we know about obama is a lie, just about everything he's ever claimed about his family life and father are lies, he told more lies in his 2008 campaign than we can hardly keep track of. The sons a bitch is one huge, walking, talking lie. If his lips are moving, he's lying. If the truth were ever fully made known about obama, he'd be thrown in federal prison. He hates everything about America and is actively trying to destroy us from within. One could even believe he's working for the muslim brotherhood.

Last edited:

The instant the numbers got good, the ODSers instantly flipflopped and declare they must be fraud.

Given the staggering hypocrisy of their behavior, why would anyone take these ODS-afflicted conspiracy nuts seriously? They're lying, everyone knows they're lying, but their little hatecult orders them to lie about Obama, and the good little cultists all obey. None of them is going to risk being purged from the cult for disobeying an order, which would be like a death sentence to an ODS herdbeast.

Translation: "Why won't you guys PLEASE just ignore the U6 like Obama the messiah and Chris Matthews tell us to do and get in line behind this fantasy? Please? Pretty please?"

Translation: "Why won't you guys PLEASE just ignore the U6 like Obama the messiah and Chris Matthews tell us to do and get in line behind this fantasy? Please? Pretty please?"

Here...let me explain it to you like this. Let's say we go to RCP and look at...oh..Colorado for example and we see the following polls*

Poll A: LV Poll, 10/4, Romney +3
Poll B: LV Poll, 10/3, Romney +2
Poll C: LV Poll, 10/3, Romney +4
Poll D: LV Poll, 10/3, Romney +1
Poll E: RV Poll, 9/28, Obama +8

Now all of these polls are Likely Voter (LV) polls except poll E which is a Registered Voter (RV) poll. Furthermore, all polls were taken after the debate except poll E which was taken before the debate. When all you do is look at the U3 unemployment rate and ignore everything else, what you are essentially doing is looking at the above poll set and trying to convince people that Obama is 8 points up in Colorado because Poll E says so. In other words....it's fucking laughable.

*These poll numbers are hypothetical, not actual RCP polls. I wrote them that way to make a point, not reflect accurate, current Colorado Polling.

114000 jobs can't move the number that much. Now he's blocking layoffs he caused to keep the number from rising. Fucking Gangsters at work.
--
I don't believe anything can help the stupid prick on Nov. 6th
I'm not concerned with anything coming from him his pals or the media.

Excuse me but when did they get good? 114,000 jobs doesn't even cover students graduating from college and entering the work force. Look at the underemployed numbers - there is nothing good here. So your argument just went out the window unless you subscribe to:

7240401_f260.jpg

Forum List

Back