Obama: "Civilian Control of the Military"

I'm proud of you Mr. President.

:clap2:

nuf said

yep, he made an excellent choice in retaining gates from the previous administration.

I see no issue with that. President's deserve their own team. Agreeing with or disagreeing with individuals on a team is an exercise in partisanship. Civilian control of the military is a non partisan issue.

I'm proud of you Mr. President.

:clap2:

nuf said

yep, he made an excellent choice in retaining gates from the previous administration.

I see no issue with that. President's deserve their own team. Agreeing with or disagreeing with individuals on a team is an exercise in partisanship. Civilian control of the military is a non partisan issue.

i agree completely. i only wish that gates had been bush's choice in 2000 instead of 2006.

General BetrayUs LOL

OMFG!

The Irony!

Does Obama still think the Surge won't work?

i agree completely. i only wish that gates had been bush's choice in 2000 instead of 2006.

Who was Bush's choice in 2000? Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld? In 2000, pre-911, Rummy was the best choice. In 2004? Sadly, not so.

Who was Bush's choice in 2000? Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld? In 2000, pre-911, Rummy was the best choice. In 2004? Sadly, not so.

yeah, it was rummy. IMO, he was never a good choice. too much of a cowboy bullshit artist.

gates was available then, too.

Eh, Obama was perfectly within his right to remove a General who he didn't see eye to eye with. In fact Obama needs no reason to removed a theater commander. They serve at HIS pleasure.

yeah, it was rummy. IMO, he was never a good choice. too much of a cowboy bullshit artist.

gates was available then, too.

Rummy's plans for a smaller military and the shake up he instituted early on were great things. Rummy went over the edge after 911. We will never know what things would have been like, but going back to 2000m Rummy was a great choice. His views on what he wanted to accomplish with the military and within the Pentagon/Military Industrial Complex were striking and ground breaking.

but then history intervened and Rummy ended up serving two masters.

Yes, the military is controlled and checked by civilian control.

Points to Obama for stating the obvious?

Yes, the military is controlled and checked by civilian control.

Points to Obama for stating the obvious?

Although as I have stated it is his right to fire this General, no I don't give him points. It's more childishness from him. It's no more than an "I'm the boss of you" remark.

Those who truly understand how to wield power have no need to flaunt it to remind anyone that they in fact have power.

Forum List

Back