Obama Chief Of Staff Valerie Jarrett Avoids Paying Her Fair Share

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This is an example of not practicing what you preach.......

Obama-Jarrett--e1345502117650.jpeg

August 21, 2012 5:00 am

Senior White House adviser and long-time Obama confidant Valerie Jarrett’s role in a number of controversial Chicago housing developments has garnered her investments worth millions of dollars while highlighting the administration’s extensive business ties to presidential donors.

Before joining the Obama administration in 2009, Jarrett was president and chief executive officer of the Habitat Company, a real estate development firm founded by major Democratic donor Daniel Levin. Before that, she served three years as commissioner of the Chicago Department of Planning and Development under Mayor Richard Daley.

Jarrett currently owns an 11-percent equity interest in Kingsbury Plaza, a 46-story luxury apartment complex developed by Habitat between 2005 and 2007 at a cost of more than $100 million.

She valued the investment at between $1 million and $5 million on her 2011 financial disclosure form, up from $250,001 in 2010. A Jarrett spokesman told the Washington Times that the investment was “a direct result of her 13 years working for Habitat.”

Cook County records show the Kingsbury property is worth around $27.2 million, but thanks to a series of legal appeals beginning in 2003, the land and building are assessed at a much lower value for tax purposes. Since 2008, the property has been designated a “special commercial structure” and is taxed at a value of just $6.8 million, or 25 percent of the actual value.

Asked how such a property could enjoy such a low taxable value, an official with the Cook County Assessor’s Office told the Free Beacon that the property’s owners “must have good attorneys.”

Seems to me that the very thing they're going after Romney about Obama and his staff are doing themselves.

I seriously don't think anyone on the left will see this as hypocritical.

Not in the least.

Why?

Because many believe in a double-standard.

liberal-hypocrisy-liberals-suck-political-poster-1280363590.jpg

She, within the law, maximizes the value of her earned income.

She may criticize those that do it..including herself......

Me? I criticize those that dont try to maximize the value of their earned income.

Now, with 16 trillion in debt what do we need in the WH?

One who criticizes those who legally maximize the value of revenue?

Or one who knows how to legally maximize the value of revenue?

Obama tells Wall STreet "you have made enough"

Actors can rape for 20 million plus and we get nothing in return, wonderful.

Obama tells Wall STreet "you have made enough"

Actors can rape for 20 million plus and we get nothing in return, wonderful.

Same as professional sports.

But in pro sports it is presented as

"why should the owners make so much and we, the players have to make only 2 million a year"

Seems to be a pattern I am seeing out there.

Me? I criticize those that dont try to maximize the value of their earned income.

"within the law"....? :rolleyes: ......you are being naive about how Chicago politics work....

Guess who Valerie's lawyer is.....? Michael Madigan of course.....

Madigan has a law firm.....Madigan & Getzendanner......that has benefited Democrats monetarily for years....just one hand washing the other.....this is at the center of the Chicago machine and Chicago politics......Madigan has been the Speaker of the House since like about 1980....

Valerie Jarret has also been part and parcel of the central Chicago machine for years as well......she worked for the Chicago Mayor's office since the '80s.....

Those at the top of the Democrat machine get rich.....while those in the rest of the state just get more promises......and more taxes....:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Obama's other wife is finally being spotlighted a little. :)

yeah....he doesn't do a thing without running it by her.....

btw did you know Valerie Jarret was born in Iran.....?

can we say "pro-Islam".......? :eusa_whistle:

I mentioned that before he was elected president and everyone started saying I was wrong to notice.

Iran is a deadly enemy of ours. Their government is responsible for the deaths of thousands of our kids in the military, yet we were stupid enough to elect a president who takes his cues from a woman that has fond memories of her life in Iran.

Stupid as hell. No wonder Obama doesn't want to do dick about Iran.

Obama's other wife is finally being spotlighted a little. :)

I mentioned that before he was elected president and everyone started saying I was wrong to notice.

Iran is a deadly enemy of ours. Their government is responsible for the deaths of thousands of our kids in the military, yet we were stupid enough to elect a president who takes his cues from a woman that has fond memories of her life in Iran.

Not only did he do dick about the uprisings in Iran (thus supporting the Muslim Brotherhood).....he also did dick about the protests in anti-American Libya until the Muslim Brotherhood finally spoke out in favor of the uprisings....then he hustled out to support the protests....

and to top it off.....he immediately (no hesitation whatsoever here) spoke out against Mubarek in Egypt, a longtime U.S. ally, because it was the Muslim Brotherhood which engineered the protests...and which now controls Egypt...

sensing a pattern?.......:mad:

Not only did he do dick about the uprisings in Iran (thus supporting the Muslim Brotherhood).....he also did dick about the protests in anti-American Libya until the Muslim Brotherhood finally spoke out in favor of the uprisings....then he hustled out to support the protests....

and to top it off.....he immediately (no hesitation whatsoever here) spoke out against Mubarek in Egypt, a longtime U.S. ally, because it was the Muslim Brotherhood which engineered the protests...and which now controls Egypt...

Well, the pattern is Obama is actively assisting the spread of radical Islamic fundamentalism throughout the Middle-East. He helped the cause in Libya and is currently helping in Syria. Funny thing is Russia is trying to stop him. It's a real mess.

My hope is we get him out before they're done ridding the Middle-East of moderate governments. We'll be in a world of hurt if they succeed.

"within the law"....? :rolleyes: ......you are being naive about how Chicago politics work....

Madigan has a law firm.....Madigan & Getzendanner......that has benefited Democrats monetarily for years....just one hand washing the other.....this is at the center of the Chicago machine and Chicago politics......Madigan has been the Speaker of the House since like about 1980....

Valerie Jarret has also been part and parcel of the central Chicago machine for years as well......she worked for the Chicago Mayor's office since the '80s.....

Those at the top of the Democrat machine get rich.....while those in the rest of the state just get more promises......and more taxes....:eusa_whistle:

I believe you missed the gist of my post.

I believe you missed the gist of my post.

sorry 'bout that.....i took exception to where you said she was "within the law"......which technically she may be (another Madigan 'miracle').....but only because of the "machine" that enables her to do so.....how many regular citizens get 75% off their real estate taxes....?

Well, the pattern is Obama is actively assisting the spread of radical Islamic fundamentalism throughout the Middle-East. He helped the cause in Libya and is currently helping in Syria. Funny thing is Russia is trying to stop him. It's a real mess.

My hope is we get him out before they're done ridding the Middle-East of moderate governments. We'll be in a world of hurt if they succeed.

not only does Obama have an Iranian-born advisor (Valerie Jarrett) who is considered the "other half of his brain".....he (and/or Valerie) uses another influential advisor who is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood.....Dahlia Mogahed...who was born in Egypt and is said to be “the highest adviser on Arab and Islamic Affairs in the State Department...”

Muslim adviser ‘blocks Obama meeting with Christian leader’

Forum List

Back