Obama cause of terrorist threats to america

Never did Bash Bush for going after Bin Laden or for going into Afghanistan.

I only took issue with Iraq policy.

When Obama gets Osama, those on the right will come around and acknowledge a job well done. :eusa_whistle:

let me get this right...it is bad if terror threats increase becuase you took issue with iraq....but it doesn't matter if obama increases terror threats because pakistan policy is good...

is this right?

Pakistan is now home to more al-Qaeda/Taliban cells than Afghanistan. Hello?

Never did Bash Bush for going after Bin Laden or for going into Afghanistan.

I only took issue with Iraq policy.

When Obama gets Osama, those on the right will come around and acknowledge a job well done. :eusa_whistle:

let me get this right...it is bad if terror threats increase becuase you took issue with iraq....but it doesn't matter if obama increases terror threats because pakistan policy is good...

is this right?

Are you talking about terrorist threats ot the threat level (that isn't even shown anymore)?

There are still threat levels, but not made public every time it inches up a notch anymore. Someone asked whether terror assessments are even done anymore. Yes, they are, and here's the one for 2008. Go to Page 18 for the start of the information. And yes, terrorism, is down from prior years.

http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/nctc2008.pdf

Usama Bin Laden has been dead for years. We creamated his ass in Afghanistan years ago. That is why there has not been any real direction from the upper echelon of the AlQada for several years now. The drones we are using to crush the Alqada in the mountains of Pakistan are obviously making a difference in when and where the Alqada sets up shop. If Obama will pursue the course that GW was pursuing to defeat the terrorists, then we will succeed in defeating them. It appears that he is, and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
so iraq is no longer the hotbead and cause of terrorist threats to america?

Actually it never really was, Iraq was just an instigator, they had too much invested in our country.

i agree. many dems however blame iraq as being the biggest motivator for terrorists, as if they did not declare war on us prior to iraq. if we had never to iraq i guarantee intel would have shown afgan and pakistan to be huge motivators. i think it is silly to blame one president for crazy terrorists hating us...

so iraq is no longer the hotbead and cause of terrorist threats to america?

Actually it never really was, Iraq was just an instigator, they had too much invested in our country.

i agree. many dems however blame iraq as being the biggest motivator for terrorists, as if they did not declare war on us prior to iraq. if we had never to iraq i guarantee intel would have shown afgan and pakistan to be huge motivators. i think it is silly to blame one president for crazy terrorists hating us...

Hell, in spite of the humorous laugh we all got from their first "attack" on the US (missiles landing in the water ... couldn't even come close to us) I think the first G. Bush should have just nuked them, would have saved a lot of headaches.

Hell, in spite of the humorous laugh we all got from their first "attack" on the US (missiles landing in the water ... couldn't even come close to us) I think the first G. Bush should have just nuked them, would have saved a lot of headaches.

catch 22...you use them, kill thousands of innocents, you don't use them, thousands of innocents die from street battles...who was it that said war is hell?

IMO, for afgan or iraq, i don't think a good idea, iraq we easily dispatched saddam from power, however, nukes are impossible solely to fight a guerilla war, afghanistan we also dispatched the taliban from power, however, we are now again fighting a guerrilla war, so where to send the nukes?

Forum List

Back