Obama: Catastrophe is coming if pork bill is not passed....

You mean like during the 8 years of the Bush Administration.

exactly.

Do not make the careless flaw of assuming i am a repudlican. i know you're better than that.

I'm not making the careless flaw that you are a Republican. I'm simply stating fact. I know you're a Libertarian anyway.

I do hope you agree however that regulation is needed if we're going to get through this crisis and prevent the same exact thing from happening in the future.

Golly... would this 'regulation' be anbything like the 'regulation' that got us INTO this?

Obama: Catastrophe is coming if pork bill is not passed....

Hmmm, tough choice but I gotta go with Obama on this. Obama was right on Iraq, right on the Bush tax cuts, and was way out in front for saying what everyone universally agrees on now - Bush. Fucked. Up.

What have cons ever been right about in the last 8 years?

exactly what kind of "catastophe" is going to happen if this bill is not passed ? And no Bush blah blah blah, this is Obama and Pelosi's bill ......

Can any Obama supporter answer this question ? :eusa_whistle:

How does this imaginary catastrophe (in your empty head) compare with the real catastrophe caused by conservative republican domination of political and economic ideas since Reagan?

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-ed...ince-1980-a-right-turn-leading-to-a-dead-end/
The Conservative Nanny State
"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

What does that have to do with the price of bread in England ? typical liberal tactic.

OBAMA said there would be a catastophe if this bill is not passed. Idiot Obama supporters on this board ( including you i assume ) agree. That's fine if you agree, just tell me what catastophe is coming ? Stay on topic, don't respond with what Bush did, Reagan did George Washington did, etc .....

What does that have to do with the price of bread in England ? typical liberal tactic.

OBAMA said there would be a catastophe if this bill is not passed. Idiot Obama supporters on this board ( including you i assume ) agree. That's fine if you agree, just tell me what catastophe is coming ? Stay on topic, don't respond with what Bush did, Reagan did George Washington did, etc .....

The topic is the mess the republicans have made of the nation since Ronnie, I"m sorry if large thoughts confuse you.

How does this imaginary catastrophe (in your empty head) compare with the real catastrophe caused by conservative republican domination of political and economic ideas since Reagan?

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-ed...ince-1980-a-right-turn-leading-to-a-dead-end/

Real unemployment is about 14%. The economic stimulous package is designed to help stimulate the economy. :eusa_whistle:

The bill will buy us some time and get people working. If they are not working, more homes will foreclose, more unemployment, more people dipping into savings, etc.

It will help help with construction jobs.

791,000 manufacturing jobs were lost in 2008, hitting the auto sector hardest.
* 260,110 people lost jobs in the financial sector, part of the overall service sector that accounts for some 80% of all employment.
* The construction sector shed 899,000 jobs since peaking in September 2006.
* The retail sector shed 522,000 jobs for all of 2008.

So then Obama needs to bring manufacturing jobs back home. (notice I didn't mention how they left the USA on Bush's watch)
And with people working again, they'll start spending on retail
And when things get better, then the financial sector will start to improve.

Without Obama's package, things will just continue to get worse. Sure we could cut out the middle man and just socialize medicine, the banks and oil industries, but we don't want to freak you free marketeers out so we're just tweeking the fucked up status quo that for some reason, you defend/protect.

I say if your senator doesn't sign the bill, then your state doesn't get any of the money. How about that?

Real unemployment is about 14%. The economic stimulous package is designed to help stimulate the economy. :eusa_whistle:

The bill will buy us some time and get people working. If they are not working, more homes will foreclose, more unemployment, more people dipping into savings, etc.

* 260,110 people lost jobs in the financial sector, part of the overall service sector that accounts for some 80% of all employment.

So then Obama needs to bring manufacturing jobs back home. (notice I didn't mention how they left the USA on Bush's watch)

Without Obama's package, things will just continue to get worse. Sure we could cut out the middle man and just socialize medicine, the banks and oil industries, but we don't want to freak you free marketeers out so we're just tweeking the fucked up status quo that for some reason, you defend/protect.

I say if your senator doesn't sign the bill, then your state doesn't get any of the money. How about that?

And exactly what moron put you in charge of this decision? doyathink? :lol:

I don't agree, but at least you tried to answer the question.

P.S. You don't want Senator's signing off on this shit for the wrong reasons.......

You mean like during the 8 years of the Bush Administration.

exactly.

Do not make the careless flaw of assuming i am a repudlican. i know you're better than that.

I'm not making the careless flaw that you are a Republican. I'm simply stating fact. I know you're a Libertarian anyway.

I do hope you agree however that regulation is needed if we're going to get through this crisis and prevent the same exact thing from happening in the future.

You mean like the REGULATIONS that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd BLOCKED three times under Bush?

I know. What he keeps telling Congress is not to sweat the small stuff, just pass it with all the pork and sort it all out later.

What a bunch of crap. I feel like I've been rolled by thugs in an alley.

As long as we have the audacity to hope, we can wait and sweat it out, and HOPE things work.

Isn't that great? Shit, I'll give him 4 years. What's 4 years off my insignificant life? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back