Obama: Catastrophe is coming if pork bill is not passed....

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
Obama: Catastrophe coming if Congress doesn't act - Yahoo! News

AP – President Barack Obama speaks about executive compensation, Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2009, in the Grand Foyer … WASHINGTON – Republicans tried to push back against the ballooning size of President Barack Obama's economic recovery plan Wednesday, even as he warned that the financial crisis will turn into "a catastrophe" if the bill isn't passed quickly.

Obama summoned centrist senators to the White House Wednesday afternoon to discuss a plan to cut more than $50 billion in spending from the measure, which breached the $900 billion barrier in the Senate on Tuesday and appears headed higher.

Republican Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, as well as Ben Nelson, D-Neb., have tentatively agreed to cutting more than $50 billion from the bill, a Nelson spokesman said, though details weren't yet available.

Their effort is central to building at least some bipartisan support for the bill, which has come under increasing attack for too much spending unrelated to jolting the economy right away.

WTF?, we sure did elect a drama king as president. It's interesting to note that the more opposition grows to the Obama-Pelosi Pork Package of '09, the President's prognostication of doom, despair, weeping, and gnashing of teeth grows proportionally.

Congress has acted - 3 separate times in the last year, spending over $1.2 TRILLION of our children's tax dollars. And unless we spend another $900 billion of our grandchildren's tax dollars, we're doomed.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, WTF is wrong with me. Now our gubment is back for a FOURTH time... and finally enough people are beginning to scratch their heads and wonder...... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Obama: Catastrophe coming if Congress doesn't act - Yahoo! News

AP – President Barack Obama speaks about executive compensation, Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2009, in the Grand Foyer … WASHINGTON – Republicans tried to push back against the ballooning size of President Barack Obama's economic recovery plan Wednesday, even as he warned that the financial crisis will turn into "a catastrophe" if the bill isn't passed quickly.

Obama summoned centrist senators to the White House Wednesday afternoon to discuss a plan to cut more than $50 billion in spending from the measure, which breached the $900 billion barrier in the Senate on Tuesday and appears headed higher.

Republican Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, as well as Ben Nelson, D-Neb., have tentatively agreed to cutting more than $50 billion from the bill, a Nelson spokesman said, though details weren't yet available.

Their effort is central to building at least some bipartisan support for the bill, which has come under increasing attack for too much spending unrelated to jolting the economy right away.

WTF?, we sure did elect a drama king as president. It's interesting to note that the more opposition grows to the Obama-Pelosi Pork Package of '09, the President's prognostication of doom, despair, weeping, and gnashing of teeth grows proportionally.

Congress has acted - 3 separate times in the last year, spending over $1.2 TRILLION of our children's tax dollars. And unless we spend another $900 billion of our grandchildren's tax dollars, we're doomed.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, WTF is wrong with me. Now our gubment is back for a FOURTH time... and finally enough people are beginning to scratch their heads and wonder...... :cuckoo:

Of course it will... Isn't this what Democrats bitched about for 8 years... Scaring the country into supporting the President?

Some "change" this is.

Who da thunk it? Only took three weeks and sales of "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for McCain" bumper stickers are going through the roof.

Hmmm, tough choice but I gotta go with Obama on this. Obama was right on Iraq, right on the Bush tax cuts, and was way out in front for saying what everyone universally agrees on now - Bush. Fucked. Up.

What have cons ever been right about in the last 8 years?

Hmmm, tough choice but I gotta go with Obama on this. Obama was right on Iraq, right on the Bush tax cuts, and was way out in front for saying what everyone universally agrees on now - Bush. Fucked. Up.

11 House Dems voted against this bill as well you know ?

But i'll play along, exactly what kind of "catastophe" is going to happen if this bill is not passed ? And no Bush blah blah blah, this is Obama and Pelosi's bill ......

there was going to be a catastrophe if we didn't go along with the first bail out

none yet

people realize the government runs on fear, and are refusing to play that game any more.

that the The American Rapaciousness and Reprobate Act is being slowed down is a good thing.

people will see that the sky is not falling and the economy can correct without the government's "help"

so which are you guys more pissed about?

the tax cuts in the current stimulus package....or the new roads we'll be getting in return for money?

Leftists are in power, thus catastrophe is coming... All the trillion dollar theft will do is add a trillion buck to that catastrophe's potential.

the tax cuts in the current stimulus package....or the new roads we'll be getting in return for money?

what did they do with the money already collected for new roads doyathink?

what new roads? ain't no money going to be spent on roads for more than a year.

And tell me is a resurfaced highway really a "new" road or just the same road with new pavement?

there was going to be a catastrophe if we didn't go along with the first bail out

none yet

people realize the government runs on fear, and are refusing to play that game any more.

that the The American Rapaciousness and Reprobate Act is being slowed down is a good thing.

people will see that the sky is not falling and the economy can correct without the government's "help"

You mean like during the 8 years of the Bush Administration.

Hmmm, tough choice but I gotta go with Obama on this.

Obama was right on Iraq, WRONG

Right on the Bush tax cuts, WRONG

and was way out in front for saying what everyone universally agrees on now - Bush. Fucked. Up.

ROFL... so you're ignorant of the meaning of "universally" and don't mind PROVING IT...

Let's see... if we go back 16 years... we could start with "Bill Clinton is a criminal of the highest order whose leftist policies will reduce the readiness of US intelligence which will result in the US suffering massive injury... Then we could go to the whole thing where if we don't try to understand the Islamic terrorist and instead hunt them down and kill them where we find them... they'll be too busy dying to fly occupied aircraft into occupied skyscrapers.

Then there's the tax cuts, the lowering of government regulation on business... and that it's a foolish beyond measure to elect a Marxist Muslim as CinC while you're at war with Marxist Islam... and ITS NEVER a good idea to elect a Marxist... PERIOD.

So, he's waffling on Iraq, keeping most of the tax cuts, and keeping rendition. Some change. The laugh is on you.

Don't get me wrong, he's not going to be agreeing with me, ever.

none yet

exactly.

Do not make the careless flaw of assuming i am a repudlican. i know you're better than that.

none yet

exactly.

Do not make the careless flaw of assuming i am a repudlican. i know you're better than that.

I'm not making the careless flaw that you are a Republican. I'm simply stating fact. I know you're a Libertarian anyway.

I do hope you agree however that regulation is needed if we're going to get through this crisis and prevent the same exact thing from happening in the future.

exactly.

I'm not making the careless flaw that you are a Republican. I'm simply stating fact. I know you're a Libertarian anyway.

I do hope you agree however that regulation is needed if we're going to get through this crisis and prevent the same exact thing from happening in the future.

i know no such thing.

the only thing that is going to right the situation is the overvalued assets being absorbed back into the market.

i would be more in favor of extension of unemployment and other stop gap methods for a year or so if coupled with reduced government spending in all other areas than i am with throwing billions or trillions of dollars at the wall and hoping something sticks

First off this Bill as currently constituted isn't going to fix crap and worse no one really believes it is but a lot of people are going to vote for it anyway as the usual form over substance leftist approach to everything.

2nd This isn't as currently constituted much of a stimulus package. To little in the way of tax cuts and while the roads could stand resurfacing if somehting isn't done now to turn this economty around the roads won't freaking matter.

The roads would be worked on anyway and by companies already working on them elsewhere. Nothing new here except hype!

Forum List

Back