Obama Cash To The Wealthy

Before you start patting yourself on the back and feeling you're smart or something........the Volt is not a hybrid. Hybrids use a gas engine to recharge. I've driven them. Kind of like them as a matter of fact.

If I were not retired and still commuted less than 20 miles to and from work, I would by an all electric car. As a second car, the hybrid is a more practical choice for us at this time.

I drove the Honda all electric car over ten years ago, it was quite, smoooth, powerful and had all the usual bells and whistles for its time - air, AM-FM, PW, PS.

There is no comparison between a Honda and a Chevy.

The problem is a lack of charging stations. Where do you charge it if your battery runs low?

Fact is these cars are only affordable for the rich.

Years ago one of my friends purchased a MBZ 220 D. Initially he had trouble finding diesel and carried around a book listing stations in the Bay Area; in a few years it was no longer a problem. Supply will occur when demand grows and more car companies are producing and marketing hybrid's and EV's - demand will grow and sources for re 'fueling' will grow too.

btw, I've owned a Chevy Van, a Dodge Van and now a Honda Odyssey - the Honda is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

If I were not retired and still commuted less than 20 miles to and from work, I would by an all electric car. As a second car, the hybrid is a more practical choice for us at this time.

I drove the Honda all electric car over ten years ago, it was quite, smoooth, powerful and had all the usual bells and whistles for its time - air, AM-FM, PW, PS.

btw, I've owned a Chevy Van, a Dodge Van and now a Honda Odyssey - w/o a doubt the Honda has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.

The problem is a lack of charging stations. Where do you charge it if your battery runs low?

Years ago one of my friends purchased a MBZ 220 D. Initially he had trouble finding diesel and carried around a book listing stations in the Bay Area; in a few years it was no longer a problem. Supply will occur when demand grows and more car companies are producing and marketing hybrid's and EV's - demand will grow and sources for re 'fueling' will grow too.

Until price becomes affordable there will be little demand.

It's merely a novelty right now, paid for by the government.

:lol::lol::lol:

There is no money for manufacturers in hybrids. Its a loser from day one. Rural areas have little use for a car like that. In urban areas, people don't own cars many times, due to parking and other costs of ownership. That leaves the suburban commuters. This is a big area to cover with charging stations. Not a well thought out plan really. Stop wasting time and money. Natural gas is a better idea, but that isn't green enough for the left.

btw, I've owned a Chevy Van, a Dodge Van and now a Honda Odyssey - w/o a doubt the Honda has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.

That's not true. R&D is going on in Korea, Japan, China, in fact in all car producing nations. Such an attitude is one more example of the myopia of today's conservatives. We want jobs, but are not willing to invest in the future.

That's not true. R&D is going on in Korea, Japan, China, in fact in all car producing nations. Such an attitude is one more example of the myopia of today's conservatives. We want jobs, but are not willing to invest in the future.
So you want to outsource jobs? The problem is affordability in America.

These cars are supposed to be made here, not in China. You can't make them here and make them affordable.

The real problem is the goals are unattainable under the present economic environment.

These cars are supposed to be made here, not in China. You can't make them here and make them affordable.

The real problem is the goals are unattainable under the present economic environment.

Ya, sure I want to outsource jobs. Grow up or shut up. They can be made here and they will be affordable but not if morons keep putting down anything and everything which challenges their opinions, opinions which I believe are based primarily on emotions stirred by the propaganda of the special interests.

Ya, sure I want to outsource jobs. Grow up or shut up. They can be made here and they will be affordable but not if morons keep putting down anything and everything which challenges their opinions, opinions which I believe are based primarily on emotions stirred by the propaganda of the special interests.

This is what you get when you try to discuss issues in a rational manner with a libtard.

Obama can't get the sticker price low enough for your average consumer. How many people that make under $30k can afford a $41,000 car payment numbnuts? Can you afford to pay $1600 for a car every month? Wouldn't you rather be paying $500?

Forum List

Back