"""Obama-Care"""

A preexisting condition did not apply unless the insurance company can prove that the insured knew the condition existed.

Pre-existing conditions limitations were defined as condition occurring for 12 months before coverage became effective, and applied for 24 months if claims were incurred in the first 12 months, or a total of 12 months if no claims for the condition were incurred during the 12 months. Credit toward the PEL applied to the extent that the individual was continuously covered without interruption by the prior carrier, if the group policy replaced a prior policy.

All coverage for the individual could be denied based on unacceptable evidence of insurability. Evidence of insurability was required if the employee failed to apply for coverage of an eligible depended within 31 days of becoming eligible. EOI was required of any employees who failed to apply during the 31 days following the date the employee became a full time employee, usually defined as an employee regularly scheduled and working for at least 30 hours per week. Later, HMO's were required to have a 30 day "open enrollment" every year in which no EOI was required for late enrollees.

If, after insuring an otherwise eligible employee or dependent, if the insurance company determined that the applicant's EOI misrepresented the health status of an employee or dependent during the first 12 months of coverage, coverage could be rescinded and premiums returned. I did this often.

All of the above has been wiped out, and is illegal under ACA.

If that is what is so great about the ACA, you've got pretty low standards.

A preexisting condition did not apply unless the insurance company can prove that the insured knew the condition existed.

Pre-existing conditions limitations were defined as condition occurring for 12 months before coverage became effective, and applied for 24 months if claims were incurred in the first 12 months, or a total of 12 months if no claims for the condition were incurred during the 12 months. Credit toward the PEL applied to the extent that the individual was continuously covered without interruption by the prior carrier, if the group policy replaced a prior policy.

All coverage for the individual could be denied based on unacceptable evidence of insurability. Evidence of insurability was required if the employee failed to apply for coverage of an eligible depended within 31 days of becoming eligible. EOI was required of any employees who failed to apply during the 31 days following the date the employee became a full time employee, usually defined as an employee regularly scheduled and working for at least 30 hours per week. Later, HMO's were required to have a 30 day "open enrollment" every year in which no EOI was required for late enrollees.

If, after insuring an otherwise eligible employee or dependent, if the insurance company determined that the applicant's EOI misrepresented the health status of an employee or dependent during the first 12 months of coverage, coverage could be rescinded and premiums returned. I did this often.

I seriously doubt if you would have said that if you had come to me as a late enrollee before ACA, needing a kidney transplant.

I seriously doubt if you would have said that if you had come to me as a late enrollee before ACA, needing a kidney transplant.

I really don't care what you doubt.

The ACA has done little to help on an aggregate basis.

Translation: I have my health insurance. I don't care about those that don't have theirs. Yes, I'm voting republican. how did you guess?

Translation: I have my health insurance. I don't care about those that don't have theirs. Yes, I'm voting republican. how did you guess?

You smoking weed ?

I said it has done little to help on an aggregate basis.

Our costs are still the same. What part of that don't you get.

Obamacare is simply a shell game.

How long did you take a paycheck from an insurance company when you felt it was wrong ?

You smoking weed ?

How long did you take a paycheck from an insurance company when you felt it was wrong ?
Sun, you don't give a rat's ass about whether or not anyone other than yourself lives or dies. You are strictly focused on how much it will cost you.

I'm done with you.

You smoking weed ?

Sun, you don't give a rat's ass about whether or not anyone other than yourself lives or dies. You are strictly focused on how much it will cost you.

I'm done with you.

Like you could produce a quote to that effect ? Not at all.

You are just deflecting.

Translation: I have a vested interest in the insurance industry, I call it win.

Actually, I think the translation is more to the effect that "What ? You want to actually consider what the issues are. We'll I've already figured that out and if you don't agree with me then I'll just call you names and accuse you of something I could never prove."

Having retired in 2005, that is utterly false, unless owning stock in the industry constitutes "vested interest". Since I am free to sell every share anytime I choose, and invest in an even surer bet, like Boeing, which benefits from the military industrial complex, that would also be false. There is no need to sell my insurance stock, however, since ACA is here to stay

Forum List

Back