"""Obama-Care"""

However, don't think for a second that health insurance companies did not have a heavy hand in drafting the ACA law. We did, and made damn sure that the government did not become our competitor, like they did with Medicare.

That's been clear from the outset. The entire purpose of ACA was to entrench the dominant insurance corporations as defacto public utilities. That's the new 'American Dream' - using government to make yourself money. Fuck you very much.

However, don't think for a second that health insurance companies did not have a heavy hand in drafting the ACA law. We did, and made damn sure that the government did not become our competitor, like they did with Medicare.

That's been clear from the outset. The entire purpose of ACA was to entrench the dominant insurance corporations as defacto public utilities. That's the new 'American Dream' - using government to make yourself money. Fuck you very much.

Don't blame me, Blackie. If I had had my way, I would have bypassed the insurance companies altogether and simply expanded Medicare to all ages, but the Republicans weren't having that, so I bought stock in insurance companies. Who am I to blow against the wind?

Don't blame me, Blackie. If I had had my way, I would have bypassed the insurance companies altogether and simply expanded Medicare to all ages, but the Republicans weren't having that, so I bought stock in insurance companies. Who am I to blow against the wind?

A leech promoting corporatist government? I don't give a shit about your druthers. And blaming Republicans is weak tea - they didn't vote for ACA. The Democrats, and their insurance industry sponsors, are the responsible parties.

Let's boil this down to the basics.

Before ACA, underwriters like me made it impossible for someone with a pre-existing condition to buy insurance.

After ADA, anyone with the money can buy insurance.

I call that a significant improvement.

I don't. It's the old appeal to trade liberty for security. Over time the security erodes, but we don't the liberty back.

Liberty to watch your newborn baby die for lack of the money to repair a hole in the heart birth defect?
Yep.

Where is the newborn's liberty?

A leech promoting corporatist government?

So anyone who works for a corporation is a "leech" now?

A leech promoting corporatist government? I don't give a shit about your druthers. And blaming Republicans is weak tea - they didn't vote for ACA. The Democrats, and their insurance industry sponsors, are the responsible parties.

Blaming republicans? Easy enough to do. I was a republican myself until baby Bush. That is where I got my pragmatic side. However, I was a centralist republican. that means, by today's definitions, I was a RINO. I knew all of my career in the health insurance business that the public was getting fucked over by the insurance industry, but nothing could be done about it, until those practices were made illegal. If my company was the only one who started covering pre-existing condition limitations, my company would have been out of business in 9 months. Believe me, Blackie, whatever you may think about the government, I promise you that big business is NOT your BFF.

Last edited:

Blaming republicans? Easy enough to do. I was a republican myself until baby Bush. That is where I got my pragmatic side. However, I was a centralist republican. that means, by today's definitions, I was a RINO. I knew all of my career in the health insurance business that the public was getting fucked over by the insurance industry, but nothing could be done about it, until those practices were made illegal. If my company was the only one who started covering pre-existing condition limitations, my company would have been out of business in 9 months. Believe me, Blackie, whatever you may think about the government, I promise you that big business is NOT your BFF.

No you are a far left and have always been a far left drone!

Well, if it pleases you to think that, fine, but once we got the SOB Nixon out of the White House I voted republican all the way up to 2004. Of course., I have been drummed out of the GOP, and called a RINO since then, but ,hey! The democrats gave me a fine home under their tent, and like many others, I jumped off of a sinking ship after Bush, Palin, and now Trump. I'm sad to see my old party die, but, a wise person told me long ago that being around a sick person does not make that person well. It makes you sick.

Last edited:

Well, if it pleases you to think that, fine, but once we got the SOB Nixon out of the White House I voted republican all the way up to 2004 after that. Of course., I have been drummed out of the GOP, and called a RINO since then, but ,hey! The democrats gave me a fine home under their tent, and like many others, I jumped off of a sinking ship after Bush, Palin, and now Trump. I'm sad to see my old party die, but, a wise person told me long ago that being around a sick person does not make that person well. It makes you sick.

Supporting 80% of Obama's policies calls you a liar!

Voting for Hilary also calls you a liar!

Silly far left drone!

Sorry, Kosh, but you are going to have to come up with some thoughts of your own if you want to fence with me.

But, I really don't think that is going to happen.

Sorry, Kosh, but you are going to have to come up with some thoughts of your own if you want to fence with me.

The irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

See how they claim things that they were and yet can not provide any proof of it!

Yes you are a far left drone.

You supported over 80% of Obama's policies

And yo are voting for Hilary!

Sorry the facts show that you are a liar, just like those you support in Obama and Clinton!

See how they claim things that they were and yet can not provide any proof of it!

Sorry the facts show that you are a liar, just like those you support in Obama and Clinton!

Not at all, Kosh. I supported 91% of Obama's policies. I don't have the slightest idea of where you came up with 80%. Confusing me with someone else, perhaps?

Not at all, Kosh. I supported 91% of Obama's policies. I don't have the slightest idea of where you came up with 80%. Confusing me with someone else, perhaps?

Well I can believe that as no republican now or then would support a single payer system controlled by the government!

Well I can believe that as no republican now or then would support a single payer system controlled by the government!

Well, then, by golly, I assume that you will be writing a letter any day now telling Medicare the you don't want their insurance and to go to hell!

Well, then, by golly, I assume that you will be writing a letter any day now telling Medicare the you don't want their insurance and to go to hell!

And they prove they are a far left drone!

Who did not predict that far left narrative?

Ok, Kosh. I can see that the sun is below the yard arm in your time zone. You are becoming incoherent.

Some other time, babe....

Ok, Kosh. I can see that the sun is below the yard arm in your time zone. You are becoming incoherent.

Some other time, babe....

Another far left drone religious narrative debunked, once again!

Of course the far left also shows that they are irony impaired!

Let's boil this down to the basics.

Before ACA, underwriters like me made it impossible for someone with a pre-existing condition to buy insurance.

After ADA, anyone with the money can buy insurance.

I call that a significant improvement.

I don't. It's the old appeal to trade liberty for security. Over time the security erodes, but we don't the liberty back.

Liberty to watch your newborn baby die for lack of the money to repair a hole in the heart birth defect?
Yep.

Where is the newborn's liberty?

You don't understand the word.

Forum List

Back