Obama Care will target cigarette smokers.....

In order to get people off of unhealthy habits they'll need more support in order to kick it off. This'll increase their live spans, and inevitably cause them to live healthier lives, which in turn helps the nation by cutting off unhealthy habits which combined with promotion of healthy lifestyles would result in a healthy and physically competent population with less health problems.

Also, those who cry "Taxes will get higher", they will at first, but then gradually as our nation's population becomes more healthy we won't have to spend so much money on medical infrastructure and supplies for said infrastructure, and we'd be able to cut back taxes on hospitals and emergency services since they won't be used as often because the population would be healthier and less suspect to diseases and ailments which require hospital stays, which means less taxes will be spent on said hospitals.

Which means eventually taxes will be lowered to the same rates as before because hospitals will not be used as much, which means we won't need to spend so much money on medical supplies and building new facilities.

The problem is that there are many smokers out there who simply refuse to quit, and they are the very people who would expect to get 'free' medical treatment when they became ill. How do you suggest getting them to kick the habit?

I suggest tough love - raise their taxes through the roof so they have a choice of either starving to death, or stopping smoking.

Let's just encourage the smoking of pot by legalizing it.
It's just a bunch of hypocrisy

Watch out. The pot from Mexico is bad for you. Only buy from local markets.

In order to get people off of unhealthy habits they'll need more support in order to kick it off. This'll increase their live spans, and inevitably cause them to live healthier lives, which in turn helps the nation by cutting off unhealthy habits which combined with promotion of healthy lifestyles would result in a healthy and physically competent population with less health problems.

Also, those who cry "Taxes will get higher", they will at first, but then gradually as our nation's population becomes more healthy we won't have to spend so much money on medical infrastructure and supplies for said infrastructure, and we'd be able to cut back taxes on hospitals and emergency services since they won't be used as often because the population would be healthier and less suspect to diseases and ailments which require hospital stays, which means less taxes will be spent on said hospitals.

Which means eventually taxes will be lowered to the same rates as before because hospitals will not be used as much, which means we won't need to spend so much money on medical supplies and building new facilities.
Google is working on self driving automobiles:
See: Google driverless car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The idea is that self driving cars are safer than cars with human drivers. If such cars on the roads reduce the number of auto accidents that occur each year, that decrease will also have a beneficial effect in reducing America's health care bill.

Last edited:
Thin Red-Line News

Obama Care will target the unhealthy groups like cigarette smokers, drinkers, and over weight persons. Unhealthy folks will get the short end of the stick.

Smokers, drinkers and fatsos are already "targeted" by health and life insurance companies. Most of the rest of that article is horse shit too.

Katzenstupid
Let's target the ones who have indiscriminate sex. Stop paying for treatment for STDs and abortions. Stop wasting money on AIDS research. If they want to kill themselves let them.

We can always count on you to stay the stupidest things. Thanks for not disappointing me.

The painful fact is that we can't make our own vices. We can't grown our own tobacco plants, we can't brew our own beer or liquor, we can't grow our own pot, and soon your job will tell you what you can and can't consume. The mega corporations run our government. The people in government own the mega corporations. If people don't start see this, we'll free speech in a forum will doomed as well.

Google is working on self driving automobiles:
See: Google driverless car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The idea is that self driving cars are safer than cars with human drivers. If such cars on the roads reduce the number of auto accidents that occur each year, that decrease will also have a beneficial effect in reducing America's health care bill.

That could work in lowering our bill too, but that could take years to get auto-driving cars, not to mention people are going to be skeptical with those things since the software might go bust and then they'll ram into the other lane. Not to mention such cars would be expensive, and there'd have to be opportunities to institute new upgrades, but I'm digressing.

Either way, I'm for nationalized healthcare, but not under Obama's terms or during a recession/depression.

The thing is. Cigarettes have poison. Our water has fluoride, most of our food is GMOs or full of pesticides. Look up natural flavors, your not gonna like what you hear. Look up cornsyrup or cornstarch, you wont like what you see. Eat all this crap and you wont like how you feel.

No one is forcing anyone to each processed shit. I agree that R-owned big corporations are more interested in their own bottom line than in producing a healthy product. We don't just vote at the polls. We also vote with our consumer dollars. Vote against what you hate by not buying it.

This is the article we are discussing.

Its not an article. Its an op/ed from a very biased source.

no more two ply toilet paper either.

Now THAT is really going too far.

The thing is. Cigarettes have poison. Our water has fluoride, most of our food is GMOs or full of pesticides. Look up natural flavors, your not gonna like what you hear. Look up cornsyrup or cornstarch, you wont like what you see. Eat all this crap and you wont like how you feel.

No one is forcing anyone to each processed shit. I agree that R-owned big corporations are more interested in their own bottom line than in producing a healthy product. We don't just vote at the polls. We also vote with our consumer dollars. Vote against what you hate by not buying it.

This is the article we are discussing.

They are forcing you to believe you know what your talking about. Your biast because you dont know the truth. You believe the government loves you. lol. boot lickers

They are forcing you to believe you know what your talking about. Your biast because you dont know the truth. You believe the government loves you. lol. boot lickers

a) Its obvious you have not read very many of my posts. If you had, you would not say something as stupid as "You believe the government loves you". Just like you and everyone else, I am indeed "biast" (sic) but, from reading your posts, I really doubt you know much of anything.

b) If you know the "truth", tell it and back it up with facts. Don't post idiotic op/ed blogs that even rw's wouldn't believe. "Death Panels"? Even rw's knows that was a lie. And, even rw's know that "Obama Care will target cigarette smokers....." is pretty stupid because life and health insurance companies have been "targeting" sick, fatty's, obese people for as long as there has been insurance. In point of fact, ObamaCare makes it illegal to disallow on the basis of preexisting conditions so your statement, "Obama Care will target the unhealthy groups like cigarette smokers, drinkers, and over weight persons. Unhealthy folks will get the short end of the stick" starts out with an incorrect premise. If you are open to reading facts about the ACA, there's a link in my sig or do a search. If you don't want to read facts, that's okay too. Its your choice.

c) Since you are unable to write intelligently, its unlikely you can read any better. If English is not your first language, I apologize but, if it is your first language, for Christ's sake, learn to spell and or use a spell checker. And, while you're at it, learn basic punctuation.

Obama in 2009 raised taxes on the tobacco companies, it is now twice the amount than the alcohol taxes and this money is used to pay for Medicaid. State taxes on tobacco also mainly funds Medicaid.

Do you really think that they want smokers to quit smoking?

Obama in 2009 raised taxes on the tobacco companies, it is now twice the amount than the alcohol taxes and this money is used to pay for Medicaid. State taxes on tobacco also mainly funds Medicaid.

No more than the American Cancer Society wants a cure for cancer.

Or the heart assoc wants an end to heart disease.

But, I'd like to see proof that

I thought Congress voted it in and the president signed it.

Please post proof to the contrary.

Thanks.

Or the heart assoc wants an end to heart disease.

But, I'd like to see proof that

I thought Congress voted it in and the president signed it.

Please post proof to the contrary.

Thanks.

exactly

saying the democrats raised cig taxes on the poor is a better way to put it

No more than the American Cancer Society wants a cure for cancer.

only thing is

"they" dont quit smoking

"they" go underground for cheaper smokes

--LOL

as in any state controlled economy

when the state does not offer things like 2 ply toilet paper

it can be found in the black market

Forum List

Back