Obama Care~ Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

Yes, correct. "Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result", is exactly what I say about stupid dumbass voters that continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Voters never learn. They vote for the assholes, yet expect a different result. Go figure.

We sure as hell can't expect Congress to rid us of ACA.

Knowing that, it must be doubly annoying for you to think of how much of your tax dollars they're wasting - and how many other issues are being neglected - by this charade.

Knowing that, it must be doubly annoying for you to think of how much of your tax dollars they're wasting - and how many other issues are being neglected - by this charade.

Well, Congress neglecting things is generally a net positive. But it is frustrating to see them squandering so much on a vacant PR stunt.

Well, Congress neglecting things is generally a net positive. But it is frustrating to see them squandering so much on a vacant PR stunt.

Yeah, who needs infrastructure, anyway?

The states.

The states.

Especially the ones that take more from the fed than they give.

Let me ask you something, Arian. You don't seem to dispute that ACA was utterly compromised by corruption and corporate collusion. Yet you continue to shill for it. What gives?

Let me ask you something, Arian. You don't seem to dispute that ACA was utterly compromised by corruption and corporate collusion. Yet you continue to shill for it. What gives?

I do dispute your choice of the words "utterly" and "shill."

I do dispute your choice of the words "utterly" and "shill."

Yeah?

Let me make this easier for both of us:

I want to live in a country where everyone has access to health care. As a matter of interpretation, I believe that comes under the “general welfare” clause. It also means the U.S. would be competitive with every other industrialized nation.

As I’ve told you numerous times – and as you’ve rejected every single time – the ideal solution, IMO, would be a single-payer system. Y’know, eliminate the insurance companies altogether. You interpret that as “shilling for the insurance companies.”

As I’ve also told you numerous times, the PPACA – as first drafted – was a compromise. That it was redrafted and re-redrafted, then rejected by the very people who demanded the changes in the redraftings, who then spent your tax dollars in 50+ attempts to kill it means it is a less desirable form of the original draft.

But it’s not going away, no matter how many times you click your ruby slippers.

If I asked you how you’d guarantee that every pregnant woman had access to prenatal care and nutrition so that her baby had a better chance to be born healthy, you’d segue into a riff about abortion or “not my problem.” Go right ahead.

If I asked you why you can’t see the wisdom of detecting a disease in its early stages so it can be treated cheaply and the patient can go on to be a productive citizen instead of deferring care until the terminal stage, you’d shrug and say “not my problem.”

You have no solutions, just your endless whine.

Keep whining. Every time your whine is directed at me, I will cut and paste this reply. Maybe eventually you’ll go whine at someone else.

As I’ve told you numerous times – and as you’ve rejected every single time – the ideal solution, IMO, would be a single-payer system. Y’know, eliminate the insurance companies altogether. You interpret that as “shilling for the insurance companies.”

What I interpret as your shilling for the insurance companies is your steadfast, and universal support for a law that was drafted by, and serves the interests of the insurance industry.

As I’ve also told you numerous times, the PPACA – as first drafted – was a compromise. That it was redrafted and re-redrafted, then rejected by the very people who demanded the changes in the redraftings, who then spent your tax dollars in 50+ attempts to kill it means it is a less desirable form of the original draft.

So what? That doesn't explain why you support it.

If I asked you how you’d guarantee that every pregnant woman had access to prenatal care and nutrition so that her baby had a better chance to be born healthy, you’d segue into a riff about abortion or “not my problem.” Go right ahead.

If I asked you why you can’t see the wisdom of detecting a disease in its early stages so it can be treated cheaply and the patient can go on to be a productive citizen instead of deferring care until the terminal stage, you’d shrug and say “not my problem.”

??? You clearly don't read my posts. Which explains a lot. I've never said any of these things.

So?

??? You clearly don't read my posts. Which explains a lot. I've never said any of these things.

Blank slate: If you were in charge, how would you improve access to health care for all Americans?

Blank slate: If you were in charge, how would you improve access to health care for all Americans?

As short term stop-gap measure, to alleviate immediate suffering, I'd beef up safety net programs related to health expenses for the poor. These would be direct payments for health care expenses, and not insurance.

I'd then systematically remove all tax and regulatory policy propping up insurance as a means of financing health care. I'd utilize the Commerce Clause as it was intended, with laws prohibiting state trade barriers and sharply limiting the states' power to regulate health care and heath insurance.

I'd abolish unfunded mandates, both Federal mandates to the states, and mandates to private business (e.g. EMTALA) and replace them with genuine, tax-funded safety nets where appropriate.

That's a few opening salvos. Some Monday morning quarterbacking from a crackpot. But I do think they are generally on target. More than anything else, we need to break up the stranglehold that the health care and health insurance industries have created via the regulatory state.

Last edited:
^Very thorough and well thought out, though it does in some respects seem to be shifting revenue from one hand to the other, as well as giving the government greater involvement rather than lesser. Still, if it weren't for insurance company lobbyists, it could work.

As short term stop-gap measure, to alleviate immediate suffering, I'd beef up safety net programs related to health expenses for the poor. These would be direct payments for health care expenses, and not insurance.

I'd then systematically remove all tax and regulatory policy propping up insurance as a means of financing health care. I'd utilize the Commerce Clause as it was intended, with laws prohibiting state trade barriers and sharply limiting the states' power to regulate health care and heath insurance.

I'd abolish unfunded mandates, both Federal mandates to the states, and mandates to private business (e.g. EMTALA) and replace them with genuine, tax-funded safety nets where appropriate.

That's a few opening salvos. Some Monday morning quarterbacking from a crackpot. But I do think they are generally on target. More than anything else, we need to break up the stranglehold that the health care and health insurance industries have created via the regulatory state.

We can get a lot of good health care done not using the stupid expensive system we have now.

It is a little riskier for those who don't have means.

But...good grief.

We can get a lot of good health care done not using the stupid expensive system we have now.

It is a little riskier for those who don't have means.

But...good grief.

Since you've bumped an eight-month-old thread, you've obviously been using that time to come up with a detailed plan to solve the issue. We'd love to know what it is.

What I interpret as your shilling for the insurance companies is your steadfast, and universal support for a law that was drafted by, and serves the interests of the insurance industry.

Let me guess.

Let me guess.

That's your plan? Bump an old thread and then post "Let me guess"?

dblack at least had sense enough not to revisit the thread with a plan to solve the issues I suggested; merely got huffy and posted "I never said any of those things."

dblack's specialty is not saying any of those things.

Yours is ":lalala: I'm pretending to ignore someone, but every time that poster posts I feel compelled to remind everyone that I'm ignoring them! :lalala:"

And here I thought you had a Master Plan to solve health care in America. Instead, you're the Donald Trump of USMB.

Forum List

Back