Obama care in a nutshell

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnY8r7_fLw&feature=player_embedded]Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence - YouTube[/ame]

Funny thing how premiums have only increased by 4% the last two years. Obamacare must be doing something right. Before Obamacare, premiums were increasing by more than 10% every year as far back as I can remember. Of course, most of you don't see this because you only pay for a small percentage of your health insurance as your employer pays the majority, or you are one of those who don't have insurance because it's your choice not to purchase it, since you know everyone else will pick up the tab for you should you get sick.

Funny thing how premiums have only increased by 4% the last two years. Obamacare must be doing something right. Before Obamacare, premiums were increasing by more than 10% every year as far back as I can remember. Of course, most of you don't see this because you only pay for a small percentage of your health insurance as your employer pays the majority, or you are one of those who don't have insurance because it's your choice not to purchase it, since you know everyone else will pick up the tab for you should you get sick.

It is only going to get worse. Especially for Retirees in the military .They want to raise their premiums more then 300 percent in the next 5 years.. We just got a letter saying what the first jump will be . But the unions get to keep their cushy benefits without contributing anything in the public sector

Last edited:
Funny thing is that obamacare doesn't take effect until 2014. The premium increases or lack of has nothing to do with it.

Funny thing is that obamacare doesn't take effect until 2014. The premium increases or lack of has nothing to do with it.

Several parts of it have indeed taken effect.

Timeline of the Affordable Care Act | HealthCare.gov

See in particular the Review of Insurance Rates and Medical Loss Ratio requirements.

But you're right, most of the good stuff, the really effective pieces, are yet to come.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmf1AYgYj6I]Frank Sinatra - The Best Is Yet To Come (Original) - YouTube[/ame]

She wore her white coat to a political rally? What a dork.

BTW: the average person should be scared of the nastiness that resides on a typical white coat.

"Hello! I am Dr. GTH! I was just talking to a patient with TB who hacked all over my coat that is now brushing against your leg!"

Romneycare0oo.jpg

Several parts of it have indeed taken effect.

Timeline of the Affordable Care Act | HealthCare.gov

See in particular the Review of Insurance Rates and Medical Loss Ratio requirements.

But you're right, most of the good stuff, the really effective pieces, are yet to come.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmf1AYgYj6I]Frank Sinatra - The Best Is Yet To Come (Original) - YouTube[/ame]

IF the following public financial statements were false the executives signing them under Sarbanes -Oxley would go to jail.

So if the average of these six companies' MLR was ALREADY above 80%,

why was Obamacare's MLR requirement of 85% necessary?

HEALTH REFORM: Medical Loss Ratio or Just Medical Loss? | New America Blogs
Medical loss ratios of the largest health insurers source:Medical-loss ratios of largest for-profit insurers | Physicians for a National Health Program

76.9% - Aetna
82.3% - Cigna
83.9% - Health Net
83.2% - Humana
78.6% - UnitedHealth Group
80.6% - WellPoint

Hopefully, we can come up with something that will reverse the cost of health care.

Actually it does, especially when cons have been lying to us telling us how the ACA is going to increase premiums for everyone.

It is only going to get worse. Especially for Retirees in the military .They want to raise their premiums more then 300 percent in the next 5 years.. We just got a letter saying what the first jump will be . But the unions get to keep their cushy benefits without contributing anything in the public sector
Link?

Obama Care is a watered down version of a real Universal Health Care Plan.

Hopefully one day we will have full cradle to casket universal coverage for every one!

We seriously need health care reform in this country. However, ObamaCare is a poor attempt to correct the problem. We should scrap it and come up with something better and less expensive.

Forum List

Back