Obama-Carbon Tax Coming in Jan...

matty

SUMbodyweedemOUT
Jun 17, 2008
...The beat goes on...

Will Business Learn to Love the Carbon Tax? <I>Is it redistribution of wealth?</I>

"...Consistent with promises made during the campaign, and motivated by the need for revenue, the Obama transition team has made enactment of a cap-and-trade system for greenhouse gas emissions a top priority..."

...The beat goes on...

Will Business Learn to Love the Carbon Tax? <I>Is it redistribution of wealth?</I>

"...Consistent with promises made during the campaign, and motivated by the need for revenue, the Obama transition team has made enactment of a cap-and-trade system for greenhouse gas emissions a top priority..."

Thank God we all get tax cuts to pay for it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, see there? that bastich already broke the first promise, lower taxes.. lying bastich!

What do you cry about? How many of you do a own business?

I do. I don't expect that a carbon tax will impact us though. In fact, we’re currently looking into tax credits verses cost for green upgrades to commercial properties (apartment buildings).

I do. I don't expect that a carbon tax will impact us though. In fact, we’re currently looking into tax credits verses cost for green upgrades to commercial properties (apartment buildings).

Then the tax is working as it should to get people to conserve and produce energy here in America.

...The beat goes on...

its not possible for a tax to hit in Jan, he doesnt take office till jan 20th and there will only be 11 days left in the month and i dont believe any legislation (even if passed on the 20th) would be able to take effect that soon

yes it will, if you do business with business that has increased taxes they will pass the tax burden onto you.. you will be affected.. yep!

yes it will, if you do business with business that has increased taxes they will pass the tax burden onto you.

I'll pass those costs on to my customers as well. The end consumer ALWAYS pays for tax increases.

Well, see there? that bastich already broke the first promise, lower taxes.. lying bastich!

:lol: :lol: Oh Willow you are quite the entertainer. Obama has been

talking about implementing a carbon tax over 11 months ago. You should

really put effort into understanding issues, that way your paw doesn't end up

in your mouth.

I'll pass those costs on to my customers as well. The end consumer ALWAYS pays for tax increases.

What kind of business do you own? I own a powder coating company

and a side business manufacturing custom Model A colors. Did any of you

bother to read the tax legislation? You are going to feel the tax on a ton

of carbon? Because you have to create at least a ton to get taxed? By the

way most economist see this tax as the best avenue, but hey what do they

know?

Last edited:

which proves in the end there are no corporate taxes,, it's a figment of the left's vivid imagination.. :lol:

What kind of business do you own? I own a powder coating company

and a side business manufacturing custom t-model colors. Did any of you

bother to read the tax legislation? You are going to feel the tax on a ton

of carbon? Because you have to create at least a ton to get taxed? By the

way most economist see this tax as the best avenue, but hey what do they

know?

I don't know what they know, I know that I know he lied when he said 95% of us would get tax cuts,, that's what I know..

I don't know what they know, I know that I know he lied when he said 95% of us would get tax cuts,, that's what I know..

Well first of all they educate themselves and actually read the policy.

Then they analyse the tax's effect on the economy and businesses in

general. But I understand partisan hacks like you would not understand

anything unless presented in the form of a pop up book. So go ahead rant

and rave, you will be proven wrong in due time.

:lol: :lol: Oh Willow you are quite the entertainer. Obama has been

talking about implementing a carbon tax over 11 months ago. You should

really put effort into understanding issues, that way your paw doesn't end up

in your mouth.

And his cohorts just slipped 18B$ into the bailout bill for carbon tax credits.

Everybody qualifies for a slice of that pie.

Also, Skull Pilot recently wrote A letter to your senator post that contains an excellent letter that you can copy, paste, and send to ALL of your representatives in Congress. Man, I sent that letter out the same day I read it.

Well first of all they educate themselves and actually read the policy.

Then they analyse the tax's effect on the economy and businesses in

general. But I understand partisan hacks like you would not understand

anything unless presented in the form of a pop up book. So go ahead rant

and rave, you will be proven wrong in due time.

I would welcome being proven wrong..but I don't think it's gonna happen..

If any new tax gets passed or there is a rise in raw materials, transportation, etc, for any industry and the prices to the consumer jump immediately and stay up, it tells you that there is not enough competition in that industry.

It will be interesting to see how the monopolies we created for the energy market deal with the tax as they compete with alternate sources and less use.

-Joe

Forum List

Back