Obama Cancels Transparency Award Event for Undisclosed Reason

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
You can't make this stuff up. Obama is truly a satire of himself.

Despite his claims to run the most transparent White House EVAH, his adminstration has denied an incredibly high rate of FOIA requests (a third). Bills are not posted on line in advance of voting..and so on.

And yet, he was to receive an Award For Transparency at a ceremony the other day...

President Obama was due to accept an award from a coalition of good government groups recognizing "his deep commitment to an open and transparent government" in conjunction with Sunshine Week, the UPI reports.

However, reporters were told the event was postponed "due to changes to the President's schedule." No other reason was given.

Sunshine Award Event Postponed for Unspecified Reasons

Despite his claims to run the most transparent White House EVAH, his adminstration has denied an incredibly high rate of FOIA requests (a third). Bills are not posted on line in advance of voting..and so on.

And yet, he was to receive an Award For Transparency at a ceremony the other day...

President Obama was due to accept an award from a coalition of good government groups recognizing "his deep commitment to an open and transparent government" in conjunction with Sunshine Week, the UPI reports.

However, reporters were told the event was postponed "due to changes to the President's schedule." No other reason was given.

Most politicians are extremely transparent, just not in the actual way we'd want them to be.

In addition to his utter lack of transparency, he's also making things much worse over at The Onion.

How do they improve upon that headline?

Last edited:
I guess Obama was worried about answering questions after the award ceremony. How does this guy get awards that he doesn't deserve? There are far too many Obama worshipers out there.

I can honestly say I did not see this coming.

Who knew there was a bunch of idiots passing out transparacy awards? :lol:

It's the same bunch of idiots who gave him award for Most Times Voting Present as a freshman senator.

An award for transparancy?? Obama?? Excuse me while I LMAO.

God. What a joke. Thats almost as good as his "Hope and Change" bullshit and his Nobel Peace Prize.

He'll probably receive it in private in the restroom with he and the doorman as the only witnesses. LOL

Last edited:
WARNING!!! Another con circle-jerk in progress. The OP lies about an event being cancelled, when the article title plainly says "postponed", and all the usual suspects chime in about the "cancellation"! Any wonder many of us see Obama as a shoo-in in 2012? When you have opponents like this, how can you lose? They eventually shit all over their own message because, THEY JUST CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

Probably the same idiots passing out Nobel Peace Prizes.

I've heard that the transparency award is your personal framed TSA scan.

The TSA scanners are a bigger radiation hazard to U.S. residents than are the Japanese Nukes!

It looks like the TSA has found itself at the center of another storm. In other news, I understand that stars are hot sometimes. New tests show that the scanners the TSA has deployed around the country at “at least” 78 airports show radiation levels way beyond what was expected. We’re talking 10 times higher. But don’t fret: the TSA says the test results are flawed, and that the machines truly are safe as can be. Honest.

TSA Blames High Radiation Scanner Machine Results On Flawed Testing Method

I refused to go through the scanner on my last trip and had to submit to the pat down. VV hideous, but a good decision.

shress.jpg

WARNING!!! Another con circle-jerk in progress. The OP lies about an event being cancelled, when the article title plainly says "postponed", and all the usual suspects chime in about the "cancellation"! Any wonder many of us see Obama as a shoo-in in 2012? When you have opponents like this, how can you lose? They eventually shit all over their own message because, THEY JUST CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

It's humor komrad, learn to take a joke.

The link was a short prargraph, and the joke is that he was even up for the reward, not that it was postponed for an untransparent reason. :lol:

The link was a short prargraph, and the joke is that he was even up for the reward, not that it was postponed for an untransparent reason. :lol:

From the smell, I'm pretty sure konradv shat his pants a little during that rant.

From the smell, I'm pretty sure konradv shat his pants a little during that rant.

I guess you'll just twist this any way you want, but the OP said "cancelled"> NOW you're going to backtrack and say "postponed". Cought with your hands in each others' pants, eh?!?! :eek:

I guess you'll just twist this any way you want, but the OP said "cancelled"> NOW you're going to backtrack and say "postponed". Cought with your hands in each others' pants, eh?!?! :eek:

Correction: He's not done shitting his pants.

Forum List

Back